It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a Group of People Censoring the Internet and Alerting the US Gov, I have PROOF!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

Jew hate? I see a post and thread about internet censoring. If a group calling themselves the Jewish Internet Defense League or whatever, brags about doing this then the op should alert us to the danger of Slobovonians attempting to censor us to avoid claims of jew hating? Did the site he pointed out exist? Did it brag about past successful attacks against other sites? Did it encourage people to attack anyone with anti-Israeli views? It doesn't seem logical to point this particular site out? Is he attacking a Jewish site? Did he fail to attack a Hindu, Mormon or Christian site that endorsed the same tactics being used against their critics? The overuse of the jew-hate claim is nullifying any real value it might have. Keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The real propagandists&pain in the b*tt are hasbarats.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Unbeliveable site. That can only happen when person don't have doubts about his own thoughts.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Thank you for the respectful reply, I really do appreciate it.

I do have problems with videos where animals are claiming "Allah" as god, but that is a result of my own beliefs and I would not move to have those videos removed since I believe it is a freedom we have.

I would move to have videos removed where animals and cartoon characters are lying to children and telling them that "Allah" wants them to go to war with a specific group of people and annihilate them and that all people from a certain heritage, race or religion are evil. (edit - Actually, it is not a lie that allah asks them to do this, as he in fact does, but that gets off topic a bit. The real issue is when those cartoon animals and people dressed as animals in children's shows lie about what these Evil Zionists and Jews are doing in order to raise up the hate and promote violence. I suppose our own government does the same thing however via entertainment and media, has been for a long time. I have problems with that too of course.)

In some respects, I do agree with this group and so perhaps my judgment is skewed, though I will say that they have taken it to an inexcusable extreme. As a whole I still love it when deceitful/erroneous information is removed from the public eye. And no, I'm not saying we should get rid of Santa Clause. Aren't so many of the problems we face as a race of humans the result of people being deceitful and lying to one another?

Perjury is basically what I had in mind when referring to lying being illegal in some cases (and taken very seriously I might add). The other thing I had in mind was the filling out of any official document. You can get some serious fines and such if you lie on tax documents, the census, passport information, etc.

Being a Christian, I have fundamental issues with lying all together. That is the biggest reason I am glad to see false information taken off the web. Deception is simply wrong. That being said, I cannot endorse this group as a whole. Obviously there are some serious moral failures on their part as well.

I could post a video on the earth being formed in 6 days, and somebody else can post one based on evolution. We have the freedom to do that. Now, obviously one of us is wrong. At the very least, one of us is misinformed and speaking as though we were the final authority on the subject. Since the matter is up for debate however, I don't think either person could be considered guilty of lying if they believed it to be true and to the best of their knowledge it was true. When somebody purposely posts false information as to make some sort of gain, knowing that they are lying, I have serious problems with it.

I think I explained my position. Thanks again for the reply.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Mykahel]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJIDF
Hi Folks - this is the JIDF. We're happy to answer any questions - feel free to email us (email is on site) there really isn't any huge conspiracy behind our work. It's an online grassroots effort and we mean no harm. We believe in the freedom of speech. We also believe that companies that claim they have TOS against the promotion of hatred and violence should adhere to them. We're not about censoring information which is critical of Israel (as some claim). Due to overwhelming amounts of death threats and harassment from various Jew haters and Islamic terrorist types, we do what we can to protect the folks behind the organization. While we've had some general exchanges with various government entities and try to alert them of jihadist groups online, we're in no way connected with the Israeli government and have, in fact, been critical of certain policies of the Israeli government. Anything else? Feel free to ask!
You're reporting facebook groups and youtubers. Seriously, what harm are they doing? Please enlighten me on that.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
reply to post by Blaine91555

Please read my post a little ways up on this page. I made it crystal clear that the supposed "hoax" information is false. Take a look at my post please. It really would help if people read entire threads before posting, since many things that people say in posts have already been addressed in earlier posts within the thread. Thank you.

You could have politely pointed that out. Why the venom? I don't know you?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

First of all, I found it hilarious how you changed your tune so quickly when the "HOAX" presented itself before you. Had you actually looked at the evidence I presented you, you might not have posted so hastily out of emotion.

(Wiki Definition) Grandiosity is chiefly associated with narcissistic personality disorder....
...It refers to an unrealistic sense of superiority, a sustained view of oneself as better than others that causes the narcissist to view others with disdain or as inferior.

I was wrong. You are right about that. I don't mind admitting to an error when I make one.

Beyond that, you asked me back in your U2U just to get more flags and stars IMO. Find some children to practice your propaganda techniques on.

You know what one of the first things you learn as a Parent is? Whenever a child starts out saying they are not doing this or that, or that they don't mean this or that and they keep repeating it, they are lying.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The JIDF is definitely NOT a hoax.

This conclusion cannot be drawn from Byrds assertions which are merely based on Domain information, and the assumption that this is really an anti-Israel group.

That is premature and unfounded.
Credible sources in the media have mentioned this group before.

I had first heard about the JIDF some time last year (I believe it was through CNN but I am not sure) and they are real and they are active. I read about their tactics and they do seem a bit extreme. All I can say is if they really are a secret anti-Israel group they are going out of their way to disguise themselves.

Just keep this is mind...no one said the Jewish Internet Defense Force HAD to be in Israel.

Why should it be?

There are plenty of Jews in the United States of America, and they could easily form such a group for whatever reason.

They may have nothing to do with Israel or it's government at all.

They could even pull many members from the fundamentalist religious Right who believe Israel is God-given land, these are the end-times, and the State and its people should be protected at all costs.

I've worked with some non-Jewish Christians who have expressed those opinions.

This group and its members or founders may not even BE Jewish but instead just extremist Christians.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

First of all, I found it hilarious how you changed your tune so quickly when the "HOAX" presented itself before you. Had you actually looked at the evidence I presented you, you might not have posted so hastily out of emotion.

(Wiki Definition) Grandiosity is chiefly associated with narcissistic personality disorder....
...It refers to an unrealistic sense of superiority, a sustained view of oneself as better than others that causes the narcissist to view others with disdain or as inferior.

I was wrong. You are right about that. I don't mind admitting to an error when I make one.

Beyond that, you asked me back in your U2U just to get more flags and stars IMO. Find some children to practice your propaganda techniques on.

You know what one of the first things you learn as a Parent is? Whenever a child starts out saying they are not doing this or that, or that they don't mean this or that and they keep repeating it, they are lying.

If I were you I wouldn't rely on wikipedia to much because of the ability that other users may temporarily edit a section of the page or the whole page. Or in other words tamper with a section that any user wishes to do so.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This thread seems to have more flags than other threads on the front page, yet it is not listed under the 3 day column anymore?

Puzzling.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by breakingdradles]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Like the story on the last post in this thread, from abc news.... unreal....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

This thread seems to have more flags than other threads on the front page, yet it is not listed under the 3 day column anymore?

Puzzling.

Well it probably is now because it made it to my email box.

I don't appreciate the clear violations with all caps and huge letters (simple underline or bold would be enough).

Doesn't surprise me that people are attacking you for posting this, since it's widely believed that using all caps is the equivalent of yelling.

And, internet censorship has been done by the Chinese government too. I remember hearing about special software that had to be installed (or the idea for it) on computers there. I also read on digg.com about a search for images being done on google's image search page for China then the same search done for the United State's domain. The one for China (google.cn or something) resulted in all of the graphic violence being omitted. (Google image search for "tiananmen square")

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

And, internet censorship has been done by the Chinese government too. I remember hearing about special software that had to be installed (or the idea for it) on computers there. I also read on digg.com about a search for images being done on google's image search page for China then the same search done for the United State's domain. The one for China (google.cn or something) resulted in all of the graphic violence being omitted. (Google image search for "tiananmen square

Similar vile deeds commited by someone else are never an excuse to do the same. Also there is a difference. On the one hand you have a government which from top down tries to define what its citizens are allowed to know. On the other hand you have a grassroots movement which tries to censor points of view which differ from what they deem allowable.

While it is good that we have here on ATS a moderation which does not allow hate speech, it is a whole different thing if you meddle in someone elses affairs.

The JDIF is also very hypocritical. They claim they only want to ban hatespeech and violence, yet they seem to be believers in jewish exceptinonalism. The JDF and the JDIF are not the same. But I believe the similarity of the name is no coincidence. The founder of the JDF, rabbi Meir Kahane was the incarnation of jewish supremacism. He is quoted numerous times on the JDIF website. Members of the JDF have themselves committed various terroristic hateful attacks.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by And Why

The problem is that there is a concerted effort to block free speech by alleging you are offended. It's equivalent of me entering a church that is open to the public and claiming they offended my right to religious freedom. When a group places themselves into positions to be offended, when coordinated as part of a plan to block another person's free speech, there exists a conspiracy to deny that right from others.

Very well spoken. It is as simple and as good an interpretation as I have considered, or seen. That is EXACTLY what THEY do. It makes the 'thin veil of rascism' charges just melt away!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix

Puzzling.

Well it probably is now because it made it to my email box.

I don't appreciate the clear violations with all caps and huge letters (simple underline or bold would be enough).

Doesn't surprise me that people are attacking you for posting this, since it's widely believed that using all caps is the equivalent of yelling.

And, internet censorship has been done by the Chinese government too. I remember hearing about special software that had to be installed (or the idea for it) on computers there. I also read on digg.com about a search for images being done on google's image search page for China then the same search done for the United State's domain. The one for China (google.cn or something) resulted in all of the graphic violence being omitted. (Google image search for "tiananmen square")

The Chinese aren't censoring Americans.

I'm American.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What we have all failed to take into account is our right to action.
4chan is a veritable army of cyber-soldiers.
I say let them fly their viruses.
Let them fly their programs.
Let them fly their voices.
Let them fly.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join