It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to learn about hypnosis follow-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

This is the follow up to the thread where I asked for help from members, this thread is basically the answer. Google and Wiki names like:
Milton Erickson, Dave Elman, and the newer breed like Igor Ledochski and Nathan Thomas

Now Igor and Nathan are very internet savvy and their advertising is horrible but the info they provide on hypnosis, the critical factor, trance, and relaxation are gold, and maybe easier to understand than say old books about Erickson which often are by NLP guys Bandler and Grinder. It took me a lot of reading and thinking to partially understand the subject and for others the time period might be different.

I've hypnotized myself a few times and found it very interesting, and it's fascinating to learn more about it. In this case the process is very experience based and cannot be learned by books, its far better to have live hypnosis performed on you and a session to learn self-hypnosis costs about 60 bucks for like an hour session but I am in the UK so of-course I have over-simplified this point.

Web forums like hypnosisforum . com is just like ATS for hypnosis, the guys on the board come across as a little rude but lots of info, ya see, I stumbled on ATS doing research about other subjects and did not know forums exisited for hypnosis when I first asked. Youtube spiral-disc type videos might be useful once you understand more.

So in conclusion , hypnosis is a natural process which occurs many times a day for each person, it's possible to enter a hypnotic state without any form of trance, straight out conscious is fine. Hypnosis is either on or off and the relaxation trance elements are there mainly to convince the hypnosee that it's working.

Power and Equality, all comments are more than welcome

Edit to add look on ezinearticles, suprisingly good into and s91495364.onlinehome.us... for a details FAQ which is far better than I could provide.

PS Repeat 12 times
The more you read this the happier you become

[edit on 8-3-2010 by yyyyyyyyyy]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

hypnosis is a natural process which occurs many times a day for each person

This is why the world is so screwed up. People believe that this is normal when it isn't. Understand that your conscious mind is the only thing that is truly you and by letting hypnosis reprogram you just so you can run in auto pilot is a shame.

Your conscious mind is there to decide what you put into your subconscious. Just by being aware of what your putting into and what you get out from it can be life changing. Next time you react to something notice how you have little to no control of how you feel and for some not even the words that come out till after they say them. This is the result of running in sub-conscious mode. TV, hypnosis, propaganda, society, and culture has programmed us from the beginning. Step out of the box and choose for yourself for a change.

This is what separates us from animals, we have the ability to choose. Free-will sadly enough is programmed out of us since birth. We then fall into the trap of running on our subconscious programming. We live in our subconscious, daydreaming, thinking of our past and possible futures and mostly never acting on them. Not saying that hypnosis is bad, you probably are choosing some better programming that what is there. I just recommend that you look into watching the code as it comes out, and deciding for your self if you reaction to come is the one you truly want; or you can continue to just watch you reaction and enjoy the show.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

Hi Thanks for the reply,

Now I am not an expert but here is he quote you gave 'Your conscious mind is there to decide what you put into your subconscious'

You raised some other points too but hypnosis is natural, convincing people of the truth is more difficult and it really depends on the words we use. If you define hypnosis as a directed state of concentration then we are all in a state of hypnosis all the time. The hypnosis involved is self-hypnosis and the suggestion is 'i am not hypnotised' . At the moment I believe all thought process is just a form of hypnosis. Complicated ideas often cannot be understood straight away. One the other hand our consciousness can dictate the subconscious, but these are just words, there is only one brain and it does different things at different times, if i tell you my name I am supposedly accessing my subconscious, all thought comes from there.

A few examples, you read a book and get really involved in the characters, you read a comic and laugh, a friend sees a sad film and cries, you see a car crash and wince in pain, your tired and put the cereal bowl in the fridge, all of these things are hypnosis(?!?) and because it happens it must be natural. This backs up your point about being too 'out of the moment' in terms of meditation but the similarities between meditation and hypnosis are striking. Both are are examples of mono-ideaism and meditation i suggest is nothing more than hypnosis without suggestion.

As for my choice of programmes to learn, well when the student is ready the teacher will appear, when the student is ready to be ripped off the con-artist will appear. It's a difficult subject and I think it will only be in the future that true understanding will be made, I don't even believe in the whole subconscious/conscious idea, I think the conscious is not much more than an ear to listen to the brain, when you tell yourself something, its actually yourself telling yourself something.

Again thanks a bunch for replying,

PS, if you're anything like me you will find this subject really interesting and all thoughts are welcome,

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by airteck

hypnosis is a natural process which occurs many times a day for each person

This is why the world is so screwed up. People believe that this is normal when it isn't. Understand that your conscious mind is the only thing that is truly you and by letting hypnosis reprogram you just so you can run in auto pilot is a shame.

Your conscious mind is there to decide what you put into your subconscious. Just by being aware of what your putting into and what you get out from it can be life changing. Next time you react to something notice how you have little to no control of how you feel and for some not even the words that come out till after they say them. This is the result of running in sub-conscious mode. TV, hypnosis, propaganda, society, and culture has programmed us from the beginning. Step out of the box and choose for yourself for a change.

This is what separates us from animals, we have the ability to choose. Free-will sadly enough is programmed out of us since birth. We then fall into the trap of running on our subconscious programming. We live in our subconscious, daydreaming, thinking of our past and possible futures and mostly never acting on them. Not saying that hypnosis is bad, you probably are choosing some better programming that what is there. I just recommend that you look into watching the code as it comes out, and deciding for your self if you reaction to come is the one you truly want; or you can continue to just watch you reaction and enjoy the show.

Hypnosis is not capable of "changing your mind" at all. It can focus your mind on to an event in the past. It can help. But we have to be care full. When ever we talk to ourselves, or just think about the future, at that point its a fantasy. When we use that internal banter to "direct" where we go, then it becomes a reality. Your subcionsious by its nature does not reveal it self, to you. I prefer to call that instinct. Hypnosis in itself can not change ones world view. MKULTRA created drugs that make people very open to suggestion. They tried to use hypnosis in conjunction. I don't know if it made any difference. I would be surprised if it did.

If someone wants to try hypnosis, for what ever reason, rule no. 1 is make sure you get a very good hypnotist. This person should have a background in mental health. It saves a lot of trouble. They need to have done this for many years. A very good example is a person who administers a polygraph. The lie detector was invented in the 1920's. It looks at a very small and very primitive number of biological affects in response to question's. When used by a novice, its no more accurate then flipping a coin.

But when used by someone with a LOT of history "doing this", for that polygrapher, the odds of getting a true reading approach 70% to plus 90%. I don't know why, but the same data is associated with hypnosis. And if someone tries hypnosis for any reason? Try to make sure you get some one who does not have an agenda. If you find some one who tells tells after you came to him, and he says "oh, alien abductions are my specialty" Run, do not walk to the next guy.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

If someone wants to try hypnosis, for what ever reason, rule no. 1 is make sure you get a very good hypnotist. This person should have a background in mental health. It saves a lot of trouble. They need to have done this for many years.

Try to make sure you get some one who does not have an agenda. If you find some one who tells tells after you came to him, and he says "oh, alien abductions are my specialty" Run, do not walk to the next guy.

This quote needs to be emphasized because it's very important and accurate, safety first is the take home message and could you explain a little more about your viewpoint, maybe give a few more examples,

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Dear All,

I just recently registered on this forum because I have always been interested in the paranormal activities and stuff like that.

I was going to open my own topic about Hypnosis. but since I am a new member, I can't open my open thread yet. English is my 2nd language, so I apologize if I may sound foreign to you

I have the ability to hypnotize people and put them in the deep trance state. The state, in which I can communicate with your subconscious mind, your SOUL and explore the journeys you have been on as well as your true identity.

This is not the same identity that you have now, in this life. There is a lot more to it as this life is just an "experience" you're having before moving on to the next step wherever and IF you can after this existence.

I could talk to the soul and have the knowledge and memory from past lives (as clear as 2+2). I have asked questions about my identity and the future, but I could not access certain gray areas ...not everything is open to me as there's a blockage at the level that i can access.

My last hypnosis session was mind blowing due to the information that was reveled to me and it changed me as a person. I apologize for not being able to share the details of the session as it's a private matter and I feel that I don't have the permission from the Higher Power.

The point of my message is this... towards the end of my hypnosis session I was contacted by another entity that strongly advised me NOT to hypnotize anyone again and not to explore Hypnosis. I was explained that we're to live in THIS world and we're here for a reason. If you start exploring what has been hidden from you, you (and those who help you to get into that state) will have to be responsible for it. By being responsible I mean that there will be a price that you will have to pay for it (not monetary, but other).
Learn the lessons of this existence/this life, be the best you can, love unconditionally.

I still want to explore hypnosis on the deep levels that I can but the warnings I received are stopping my consciousness.

I just suggest that before going for it, you give it a thought if this is something you really need and can't live without, learn from my lessons and live in the "HERE and NOW".

Don't think about the past, don't think about the future. Think about the NOW, who you're and what level you want to raise your awareness/your spirit to through your actions in this short life.

Thank you for your attention and God bless us all.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy

Now I am not an expert but here is he quote you gave 'Your conscious mind is there to decide what you put into your subconscious'

No, the subconscious is far more powerful than your conscious.

If you do not believe me, go to the kitchen, get a fork, and stick it into your own eye.

Your subconscious instinct for self preservation will not allow you to do it, even when totally drunk. Even under hypnosis you would not be able to do it.

You could certainly be hypnotized to stick a fork into someone else's eye, but not your own.

Hypnosis opens up your subconscious, but there are definite limits of what hypnosis can do. In the wrong hands, or used unwisely it can be very damaging. Better not to mess with it unless you have a pretty serious reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

I still remember your original thread. I agree with you, this is natural - oh, what else could it be? - capacity of human psyche. I still maintain what I said in your previous thread, and it seems that your experiences has validated that hypothesis, that indeed whenever we are in consent, in a sense we will get hypnotized. That may come from television, movies, music, speech, articles and almost every source that we may feel emotional with.

It is interesting when one notices it. It gives more quality to one's self observation and perhaps a weapon against the unwillful hypnotization.

-v

[edit on 20-3-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by betweentheworlds

Hey, hope things are cool. If you are like me you are an intelligent person who does not like being lied to, and can understand things on their own terms. Advice is very hard to give and I really appriciate your kinds words, if's funny really because we all experience life subjectively and we are not on the earth for all too great a time.

Don't be scared of hypnosis, it's natural, happens all the time like sleeping. Perhaps you could just try self-hypnosis from now on, it is just as powerful but without mental states like deep relaxation or trance or letting someone else have access to our brain. It was explained to me that meditation is just hypnosis without suggestion. As to your language skills, they are fine, and if you reply to some interesting posts you will have your 20 replies and can't start to post threads.

What languages can you speak and what are you thinking of postings, would be really interesting to hear.

Peace

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Hi, great point,

You might be one of the few that gets it, and here is a story to show what I mean, I went up to my brother and said I've been learning and he said he did not want to be hypnotized. I suggest people are hypnotized all the time at all points of the day period. It's just in waking life we tell ourselves we are not hypnotized, we tell ourselves we are awake and conscious and aware and are not hypnotized. This is classic suggestion, my brother, myself, all of us suggest when we wake up we are not hypnotized and do not want the experience, but that is the rub, its suggestion which is hypnosis.

I have tried to explain to a couple of people but it's very hard to understand as complex things often are. It's all models of the mind and things like that.

The brain is like a swiss army knife. Its a single knife but does many things. One of the things the brain does it called being awake. Being awake is merely a form of hypnosis, but after that there is another form of hypnosis which is labeled hypnosis.

I have been listening to Igor Ledochoski (sp) and he says just go to the park and people watch, make up stories about folk based on their body language and clothes, look to see who has rapport, look to see when people enter trance. A good example, little kid sees an ice cream truck, what is on his mind?

Longer reply than I thought, and I thought the thread had died.

Final words - monoideaism - only having one idea, this is being awake and being hypnotized.

Peace

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

Aside from feeling that it's wrong to explore hypnosis, I'm having a hard time with self hypnosis. I can hypnotize other people, but when it comes to myself, I end up falling asleep or during my relaxation I get tired of laying on my back, etc and get the urge to make a move.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by betweentheworlds

Hi, some nice points you made, hypnosis is a difficult area to navigate because of the negative connotations, some rightly earned. As to self-hypnosis I will be a bit hypocritical cause I have yet to follow this step, but it's best to go to a hypnotherapist to learn hypnosis in order to correctly identify the 'feelings' you should have. What I have realized is that I have entered a trance which it semi-hypnotic but is very definitely not hypnosis. Maybe this is what happened to you too or not?!?

Good going hypnotizing others, the general rule of thumb I heard was if it's not acceptable in real life its not acceptable in hypnosis. Eg, it's not nice to call someone stupid or other negatives in real life because it will have an effect, but if you say stuff like you're relaxed, more confidence, and have an increased ability to learn, these are good things to say (with some exceptions).

Peace

top topics

join