It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with the world?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gaborn415

Listen, dude...If you don't think society is #ed up and needs a good ass kicking, then you're not even on the same planet as everyone else..... Look around you!!! No, not everyone is evil and not everyone should die. However, I think that not only would the planet be better off, but I think humanity would be better off if a lot of disharmonious people weren't here.

If people die in some "Great" natural catastrophe around the globe, good riddance. Yet you say, "oh, but what if you're one to die? That changes the picture, doesn't it?" No, it doesn't. If I am to die, then I am to die.You see, the only reason that people knee jerk to statements like Joe Gromlake's is because they are scared. What are you scared of, Gaborn? Really?

[edit on 11-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I can understand where people have knee-jerk reactions. Look, this is something that changes someone completely if they choose to believe it. It is not something many are going to look at and say "Whether it happen or not, it is not a big deal." Several have a strong opinion on it either way. I personally believe something is going to change on this planet during that time period, but to force my beliefs onto those who do not want to believe would be foolish to me.

From my point of view, society has gotten the way it is today because of

1. Fear. Fear has caused the human race to try and one-up each other so they can feel safe. This wasn't meant to happen, but it was a choice given to us.

2. We have forgotten that our differences are what make us the same. We are ALL different from each other, therefore we are ALL the same in this regard. To respect each other's beliefs, whether you agree with them or not, is to show appreciation for having differences. Then we could live together with a greatly reduced friction. If we were all the same, there would be no point in doing anything. Somewhere along the line we decided that we needed to force "our" beliefs onto others and then get upset when others do not accept our beliefs. I have been guilty of it too, and I am trying my best to improve on this every single day. People generally are not going to believe something without it feeling right to them. Let them have the free will to make that choice on their own.

These are my personal beliefs, and if you do not lend any credence to them, that is okay. If you do, that is also okay. I just wish both sides of this argument would appreciate the diversity in opposing viewpoints. Regardless, I wish you all the best either way.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

You either didn't read my post or chose to ignore my admittance that there were problems with humanity and with civilization. AND that individual responsibility was necessary to fix the problem. Just declaiming humans as evil however doesn't fix the problem, it just allows us to feel superior because we're smarter than all you fools and can see how evil people are. While still breathing and sucking down air. Again I say if you really believe people are evil, shut up and man up and off yourself. It's the only rational and non hypocritical action to take as inherently evil would mean that nothing you do is good, or beneficial it's tainted by your inherent evil and will always be destructive to the planet. I don't believe that at all, I instead understand that humans change things due to their rational thought and capability of thought directed action. Sometimes we make mistakes, and sometimes we have to pay for those mistakes, and you are right, it may take a lot of people dying to wake people up to those mistakes. I however don't wish for that time, I wish for the time when people will man up and take responsibility for their own lives and leave other people alone!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
And now we have a volcano going wild on Iceland 2010-03-21.

Well, I can't say I've seen so much events under such a short period during my lifetime at least.

Earth going Riot inside.

External Link

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Akezzon]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Dude, I know what you mean - and it isn't just the chaos of the world rumbling, and even the big political stuff, and financial stuff, but just every day, normal people all seem full of hate and envy and everyone is ok with being a total control freak, the more controlling people are, the more it seems like they get their way more than ever.

I was just thinking about this stuff - and I came to the conclusion that maybe the Christians' writings were right - but that the rapture has already came - 5, 6 years back the two sweetest, most giving and loving people I knew died within a week of each other. I couldn't think of anyone else, including myself, that really was that devoted to taking care of other people.
So anyway, maybe this IS the endtimes, and we've all missed the boat.
I was just really hoping it wouldn't be this slow and ploddingly boring. I thought the crap would hit the fan, and it is, just the fan can't seem to get turned on.
I dunno, I don't really believe that. I think there's just some real bad juju going on at the top, trickling down.
In my case, the information I am getting - reading every day people's replies and stuff, make me realize how little I have in common with anyone.

Anyway, we're connected to the earth, I know that. Everyone knows that. Maybe though, the connections go deeper than we ever dreamed.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by hadriana]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Another event that happened here in my country yesterday were a wild thunderstorm weather that swept over us. It set 7 buildings on fire within 30 minutes.

It was snowing the day before. I can say that these kind of weather change is NOT normal in these parts. Well, it is atleast very rare.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Nothing abnormal on earth except the global warming. Can cause a little more hurricane.

There are no more earthquake than before, just more city and more human to be kill by the disaster.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gaborn415

lol,i think i heard that line off of The Matrix"you see morphius,the human race is like a virus,it spreads and populates"and yes that guy is a nut case

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
certainly there is smth going on here. it's all over the world. basically we are in between the changeover from the Piscean Age to the Aquarian Age and there is always a bit of chaos when the Ages overlap.

But theories of "pole shifts", etc, are not really founded on proper evidence. Look into it and you'll see it's basically a hoax.

Nevertheless, there IS upheaval since Mother Earth is going through a "catharsis", if you will. Check out my take on all this here.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNewAeon2012

Hmm, doesn't the Aquarian age start around 2500 A.D?
That's what I've heard. Not sure ofc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join