It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to the young (under 18) people on ATS.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Perdonami signore for bringing the Down syndrome theme up, it was uncalled for and unnecessary.

Apparently my childhood egoism kicked in, my relentlessnes crossed the line.

Perdonateci, i don´t want this to turn into a discussion. You have your visuals, i have mine.

I think that children should learn as soon as possible about the themes discussed here, perhaps one or two may not understand some of the themes, perhaps all of them won´t, i personally would like to try and try and try to teach them, and never give up, even perhaps they may cause something similar to the Columbine killings.

Some of the threads are fairly ridiculous, i agree with you on that.

Bildeberg

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I was 14 when I woke up to the truth, I did not share it with an adult as I thought they will see me as mad. I was very scared at first, but now at the age of 16 I have realised that courage and bravery is what we need in this corrupt system.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rotorwing
First let me qualify (or limit it) myself. I am an old man by your standards. You would roll your eyes and laugh under your breath if I said this stuff to you in person. My adolescent children do it all the time. I have fought in war and been the operator of a magnificent machine that took people not much older than you to the place they would die at, and I have gone back in after the survivors and the bodies of my friends. I have taken lives, and I have snatched people from certain death.

So, you are something like 30?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think rotowing is rather older than that Jaydee, I beleive he was speaking of vietnam conflict in that paragraph (though I may be mistaken)
The average age of a combat soldier there was just 18-19yrs. They were flown into 'hot' LZ's (Landing Zones under fire) by chopper and injured and dead flown out.
This conflict officially fiished 1975. To have considered them 'boys' I would think he might've been atleast in his thirties during his service, making him atleast mid sixties now.
I am only 41 (born in 69) and my teen kids consider me 'old'.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

"Old" is relative, i am in mid-30s and i have almost adolescent kids.
He is writing in tone that i can hear from some of my friends reffering to boys of 18-19.

And, Vietnam, who remembers that now? I think that he was talking probably about occupation of Iraq.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by influx.destruction

Wow !

If you've worked that out at 16 Influx, then you will go a long, long way in the world...Good luck to ya

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rotorwing

First of all, let me applaud you for your concern. I wish other people would share this sense of care for children that have no relation to them.

But i think you maybe underestimate the reality of the situation, me being only a young person myself (I am only 17), I see first hand that many of my peers are catching onto the game we call life, many are questioning the very "truths" instilled in us since birth. Abovetopsecret.com has been pivotal in raising my awareness of the world that surrounds me, and i dont just mean the petty events. Youth the world around are starting to grasp the bigger picture, they (with help from people like you, and other individuals on this board) are waking to the corruption and the "realness" of the world that they live in.

I would be the first to say that I don't have a clue in hell of the bigger picture, but by browsing sites like these I gain vital pieces of the puzzle. I am completely with you in the respects that some threads on here are extremely harmful to our psyches if you take it as complete and utter truth. I take all i read on this site with two grains of salt, i try and research the facts for myself.

But let me finish with this, the youth of today NEEDS to be exposed to this. Sure many will take it as gospel truth, but many more will look into things further, and decide for themselves what their "truth" is.

Seriously man, i applaud you. And by no means do i mean to disrespect you, but the world is changing and we are all witnesses. I watch and listen, i go to the library and see 14 year old kids discussing Obama's policies, they have ats open on there browsers, like i said the world is changing..

Would you rather them play Xbox all day?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rotorwing

Evening Rotorwing. Firstly, I want to thank you for your advice. I’m near to celebrating my sixteenth and I, as many others would, take heed on what you said.

What I find most disturbing on this site is how I cannot differentiate what is the truth from the false. This is potentially for me, one of the most dangerous aspects of this site. Yes, I do also agree with the fact that we do not know who we are talking to. It may be a good thing. It may be a bad thing. To those younger than myself, or in the same age range – I believe that even these “bad” people would consider us a real threat. We instinctually act on our impulse, without caring about the after-effects...which could potentially mean an exposure (providing we are not stopped.)

You mention of staying clear of anything bad. I doubt I would. Mere curiosity on a dangerous but inviting topic draws me in. I suspect many others would also think as I do.

And to the others, who slander children on this site. Yes, some of them may write insulting, poor posts but there are many who actually are inquisitive enough to wonder what is actually going on in the world. Please do not prejudice against us just because we are ‘mere kids’ who people believe that have nothing better to do than slander off other people. Our minds may not be as developed and experienced as yours but we may give a different point of view that may prove to be interesting.

Rotorwing, I thought your post was amazingly written and I do not think there was anything wrong with your intentions.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JayJayDee

You think thirty is old?
LMSAO

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rotorwing

Some admonishments from me (a father) follow:

Protect your personal information. Age, gender, location and affiliations. Do not link to your Facebook page or other social network sites you frequent. Choose a gender neutral username for ATS. The “good” people here don’t care about your personal information, we want what goes on in your mind.

Know that all here are not friends. The ‘bad” people here might want to seem like your friend. Remember, this is a cross section of the “world’s society”.

If something here bothers you, steer clear. As a pilot, I do it all the time. If there is something ahead that looks like trouble, I change my course…up to and including 180 degrees. I know what’s behind me, I know where I came from. Know where YOU came from!

very nice, well said starred, flagged and friended..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join