It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Auspicious Buddhist flower' blooms in China after 3000 yrs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I read the title of the thread and said to myself, "Oh my."

The Great King of Falun is the Buddha Maitreya.

The Buddha Maitreya...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the leader and messiah of the Native Americans to show up after those white buffalo were born a couple years ago. Where's that guy?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ok, Do you even know what Udumbara is? No, i thought so! Its a fig tree, and the flower lies within the fruit itself. So this lady has a huge fruit bearing tree under her washing machine! Now thats a miracle! here is link make shure you scroll down to the Buddhism part of the article, for some reason this one link takes you to another fig tree article. Just bare with the link and scroll down to the Buddhism part and hit that link! thanks! en.wikipedia.org...(Buddhism) please read for your own enlightenment! make shure you read the whole article, its good

[edit on 8pm3 30 200 by goddogo1]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
yeah you can google pics of the 'flower' and google pics of the 'eggs'

they look really similiar, could be that taking a pic from certain angle can have the effect of the egg being flat, making it look like a flower petal

the stems are noteably similiar

all in all though all of the real insect eggs pics i've seen are round and 3 dimentional

the pics i've seen claiming to be this flower are flat, though they are almost the same color to me the flower looks whiter

i'm going to put 5 dollars into the pot that bets it's a 3000 year blooming flower, it's only five dollars man

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
the eggs could be already hatched though, giving them a flat apearance

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hmm, so maybe we should be seeing "Tathagata or the appearance of the Noble King of Falun" soon?

Some advanced enlightened being should be showing up?

I don't think the pictures of what are supposed be this miracle flower look like the insect eggs, the stem colors are brown for the eggs, and the flowers have white stems.

If they were insect eggs, they should be everywhere where these insects exist on a predictable schedule.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
so how did they distinguish the two 3,000 years ago?

unless these lacewings only lay eggs every 3,000 years also (and they don't), there must be a way to tell the difference.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by shagreen heart]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by goddogo1
Ok, Do you even know what Udumbara is? No, i thought so! Its a fig tree, and the flower lies within the fruit itself. So this lady has a huge fruit bearing tree under her washing machine! Now thats a miracle! here is link make shure you scroll down to the Buddhism part of the article, for some reason this one link takes you to another fig tree article. Just bare with the link and scroll down to the Buddhism part and hit that link! thanks! en.wikipedia.org...(Buddhism) please read for your own enlightenment! make shure you read the whole article, its good

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

unless these lacewings only lay eggs every 3,000 years also (and they don't), there must be a way to tell the difference.

The eggs are round and the flowers are flat.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I am no Botanist but this is cool!

A Chinese nun has found an Udumbara flower, which Buddhist legend holds blossoms every 3,000 years, growing under her washing machine. The flower was found in the home of a Chinese nun in Lushan Mountain in Jiangxi province. The Udumbara - apparently Sanskrit for an auspicious flower from heaven' - measures just 1 mm in diameter and is said to find mentions in Buddhist mythology on account of its supposed rarity.

link

ok, so can there please be a botanists report? Looks like typical spores and not to mention, Buddhism is only 2500 years old approximately, so the botany records go back 500 years before that?

a 3000 year cycle of blossom recorded by a religion that is not 3000 years old.

No botany report, just a buddhist in the outback somewhere claiming spores on the bottom of his washing machine are a sign of something?

Can we please be more absurd? lol

Do us all a favor and go back to sleep. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart

And that begs the question, How do they know it only blooms every 3000 years? It would be a big stretch to believe that a 1000 years BC that anyone would have, or could have documented this as fact. No way anyone could have determined this by observation or first hand knowledge as it would take hundreds of generations of humans to reach such a conclusion. I think they put stuff like this in wikipedia as a wow factor. If this were true, you would have to have a 3000 year old plant to even test that theory. I am no botanist, but seems highly suspect to even make such a claim.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Great story. Beautiful flower. Lets not ruin that. Just seems more and more, that there are "signs" around the world that are being noticed.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Man, do you people don't know about metaphors?

Here's a tip if you wanna "get" buddhism: Read it dualy, let one part of your mind take it as a philosophical movement, and the other as an act of poetry.
It helps.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yes, it reminds me of my area where new flowers are blooming in the middle of dead trees. There's a spot I went to that was dead, 2 months ago, it is now blooming with flowers everywhere. Sit with your spine to a tree, then imagine your kundalini rising above your head in waves and whisper a prayer that part of your essence goes with the tree. Thats what I did and life bloomed, not only flowers, but more people would come and start to take pictures of these trees, and animals would play around them in joy. The colors of the flowers looked brighter and more beautiful than ever before. Smell the air after you do this.

The flower was said to bloom only once every 3,000 years, and thus came to symbolize events of rare occurrence.

As the Buddhas of the three periods of time
In such a manner spoke the Dharma,
So do I likewise now expound
The undiscriminated Dharma.
All Buddhas come into the world
But rarely, and are hard to meet;
And when they appear in the world,
It’s hard for them to speak the Dharma.
Throughtout countless ages, too,
It’s difficult to hear this Dharma.
And those who can hear this Dharma--
Such people too, are rare,
Like the udumbara flower,
In which all take delight,
Which the gods and humans prize,
For it blooms but once in a long, long time.
So one who hears this Dharma, gives joyful praise,
With even just a single word,
Has thereby made offerings,
To all the Buddhas of the three periods of time.
Such people are extremely rare.
Rarer than the udumbara flower.
All of you should have no doubts,
For I am the Dharma King;
I declare to the assembly:
I use only the path of One Vehicle,
To teach and transform Bodhisattvas.
There are no Sound Hearer Disciples.
Shariputra, all of you,
the Sound Hearers and Bodhisattvas,
Should know that this wondrous Dharma
Is the secret essence of all Buddhas

I love you so much.

Nothing in this world will ever take you from me.

Great Post!

When you know, nothing eles matters.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by DarkCyrus]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

A Chinese nun has found an Udumbara flower, which Buddhist legend holds blossoms every 3,000 years, growing under her washing machine(...)

The Udumbara - apparently Sanskrit for an auspicious flower from heaven'

A flower that blooms each 3.000 years, and is called "flower from heaven" in Sanskrit. It's me or anybody else guess this specie of plant is from Nibiru???

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Actually, some Indian historians attribute Guatama Siddartha's birth in 1887bce not 556 bce.

YouSir

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

Originally posted by indigothefish

Some biologists claim the plants found in Korea are actually eggs of lacewings, an insect. But in Korea with a quarter of the population being Buddhists, people believe that they are the legendary Udumbara that appear every three thousand years.

source

pic of the 3000 year blooming flower
here

pic of eggs of lacewings
here

you be the judge

Thank you for that. Honestly I would lean towards they are flowers but dang they do look strikingly similar

Well, the scientific thing to do is to watch. One should wilt and the other hatch. Then you can be satisfied about what you think.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

ok, so can there please be a botanists report? Looks like typical spores and not to mention, Buddhism is only 2500 years old approximately, so the botany records go back 500 years before that?

Yep. Looks like spores and I have seen the same thing in Florida. I have seen them growing out of the wood on side of my birdhouse and also in a sponge with a tillisandia.

According to wiki these are the sticky seeds of the strangler fig and they latch on to things as parasites.

The ones I have seen stayed for a long time and never grew into anything.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Actually, Buddhism is so far beyond what you described that it's hard to know where to start. You do realize of course that Buddhism and Hinduism are more science than religion. Subquantum physics is only just scratching the surface of these ancient Indian sciences. On a further note, there is extreme power potential in meditation's and yogic studies. When you practice with an open mind, ie., releasing preconception and prejudice, being purity and emptyness/void, powerful forces are unleashed. I'm not going to go into those things here, however, if you have an interest then u2u me and we can discuss further.

YouSir

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join