It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Auspicious Buddhist flower' blooms in China after 3000 yrs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I am no Botanist but this is cool!

A Chinese nun has found an Udumbara flower, which Buddhist legend holds blossoms every 3,000 years, growing under her washing machine. The flower was found in the home of a Chinese nun in Lushan Mountain in Jiangxi province. The Udumbara - apparently Sanskrit for an auspicious flower from heaven' - measures just 1 mm in diameter and is said to find mentions in Buddhist mythology on account of its supposed rarity.

link

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
truly amazing find!

these small peices of awesome make this site worth reading.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well it is written! There will be signs an wonders around the end times an I guess this is one of many so far, its exciting enjoy the ride what else is there to do? PS remain neutral and only observe the sadness of the Dark side! Peace...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is a more in depth article on the Udumbara.

Udumbara Flower Blossoms Seen in Korea

The first time Udumbara appeared was in 1997. According to the chronicles in Buddhist scriptures, by 1997, it's been 3024 lunar years since Buddhism first emerged. On June 8, 2007, west of Seoul, 22 Udumbara were found on a name plate in a garden located on the roof of a district court next to the director's office. Employees in the court appeared to be excited abo

link

I don't know what it portends.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by genius/idoit]

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

i don't know what it portends (if anything), either.

But it is amazing that a people would have chronicled such a small, infrequent species of flower. That shows an extreme level of observational skill of the world around them.

In contrast, I ask the reader when the last time they plucked a fruit from a tree and ate it was?

We are so, so far from where we started. Humanity is barely human anymore.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I agree.How many people would starve if it wasn't for their local Piggly Wiggly?I have as recent as six months ago picked fruit and ate it..I ate fish last night that I caught SAT. morning. But I am in the minority.We have lost or forgotten who we are and why were here and I fear we will never get it back.The human race has turned into the human drive through.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well this sounds good

According to the Buddhist scriptures, Udumbara is an imaginary flower that only blossoms every 3000 years when the King of Falun comes to the human world. According to the Fahua Text, a scripture that explains the Fahua Sutra, Udumbara appears every three thousand years. Huilin Yinyi, a collection of Buddhist sutras, claims this heavenly flower is a sign of rare preciousness and a miracle.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In case you were wondering who the "king of Falun"is I found this

Notes Left by Ge An is a great prophecy book, unrivaled in the world. It has a great amount of detail describing the Great King of Falun descending to this world to teach the Great Fa [the laws and principles of the universe] and Great Tao, and saving all sentient beings at the present time. It has mentioned clearly Falun Gong and the Falun Emblem, as well as the persecution of Falun Gong in China. It points out clearly that the great sage is named Li, who will start to teach the Fa and the exercises in Changchun (a city in Jilin province, northeast China). The Fa that he teaches is the Fa that compasses all other teachings in one at this period of time.

link

I will find more later.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

6 months ago for fruit isn't so bad considering it is the winter season.

I get only so much fresh stuff. I live out here in the sticks, and meet up with all sorts of farmers. I also frequent the farmers market.

And if i am ever near Fredricksburgh, TX during the summer, you can bet i am gonna come back with a bushel of those awsome peaches.

If our food chain collapsed tomorrow, would people even know where to find food? What about the local flora...who many people know what is edible, and how to prepare it to make it so?

Yep, so far away.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

A Chinese nun has found an Udumbara flower, which Buddhist legend holds blossoms every 3,000 years, growing under her washing machine. The flower was found in the home of a Chinese nun in Lushan Mountain in Jiangxi province. The Udumbara - apparently Sanskrit for an auspicious flower from heaven' - measures just 1 mm in diameter and is said to find mentions in Buddhist mythology on account of its supposed rarity.

link

ok, so can there please be a botanists report? Looks like typical spores and not to mention, Buddhism is only 2500 years old approximately, so the botany records go back 500 years before that?

a 3000 year cycle of blossom recorded by a religion that is not 3000 years old.

No botany report, just a buddhist in the outback somewhere claiming spores on the bottom of his washing machine are a sign of something?

Can we please be more absurd? lol

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

link

ok, so can there please be a botanists report? Looks like typical spores and not to mention, Buddhism is only 2500 years old approximately, so the botany records go back 500 years before that?

No botany report, just a buddhist in the outback somewhere claiming spores on the bottom of his washing machine are a sign of something?

I really think you are lacking some appreciation towards something that is so wondrous and beautiful, not to mention there is text that clarifies what this flower is and it's from thousands of years ago (even if it's off by however many years as your saying it's still amazing that people noted something like this down so long ago).

S&F, this is really cool!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Baaaa

www.buddhistchannel.tv...,4314,0,0,1,0

Some biologists claim the plants found in Korea are actually eggs of lacewings, an insect. But in Korea with a quarter of the population being Buddhists, people believe that they are the legendary Udumbara that appear every three thousand years.

Mystery Solved.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This post was the best thing I have heard in weeks. Auspicious and beautiful. With all the bad news and negativity on ATS, it is a reminder to live in the moment and be grateful. Thanks OP.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Some biologists claim the plants found in Korea are actually eggs of lacewings, an insect. But in Korea with a quarter of the population being Buddhists, people believe that they are the legendary Udumbara that appear every three thousand years.

source

pic of the 3000 year blooming flower
here

pic of eggs of lacewings
here

you be the judge

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

source

here

pic of eggs of lacewings
here

you be the judge

Thank you for that. Honestly I would lean towards they are flowers but dang they do look strikingly similar

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That's awesome! Regardless if this is a sign of the end or not

S&F 4 u

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

link

This is not about how old Buddhism is. The original followers of Siddartha Gautama existed before his enlightenment. They had records. He was born of a culture that had already thrived for thousands of years.

Of course, a botanists report would be helpful. But the rest of your post is non-sequitor

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is a great find, its good to hear of stories like these, as everything is doom and gloom nowadays. Its amazing that it blooms every 3,000 years, but to grow in someones house, am guessing she doesnt have floors

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

Originally posted by indigothefish

source

here

The ones from the OP's link are deff flowers.

pic of eggs of lacewings
here

you be the judge

Thank you for that. Honestly I would lean towards they are flowers but dang they do look strikingly similar

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It looks like it is made of crystal and ivory. Beautiful. Star & Flag OP.

Chrono

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join