It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously.... Who IS a Jew?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hm.. I don't see Jew listed as a racial choice on the Census. Race and Ethnicity - Census

Look its complicated. Can we agree on that? Many people identify themselves as Jewish but aren't necessarily religious. I am not in a position to contradict them. I would only say that there is no separate and distinct race (see: Ethiopian Jews) of Jewish people. It is more a cultural / religious distinction.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
Hm.. I don't see Jew listed as a racial choice on the Census. Race and Ethnicity - Census

Look its complicated. Can we agree on that? Many people identify themselves as Jewish but aren't necessarily religious. I am not in a position to contradict them. I would only say that there is no separate and distinct race (see: Ethiopian Jews) of Jewish people. It is more a cultural / religious distinction.

My point exactly.

Great post. Star. And Thank You for the intelligent and non-judgmental response.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

I know what genocide consists of and the reaction to the Intifadas has not been genocide.

So far the only ethnic cleansing done by Israel was to other Jews.

Israel has done nothing remotely comparable to what Serbs did in Bosnia or Kosovo. Again I will mention that Turkey has treated the Kurds far worse than Israel has treated the Palestinians.

I will also mention that Arab states like Jordan have treated the Palestinians in the past far worse than anything Israel has done in the present.

I have scoured the report and I don't see genocide anywhere.
I see human rights violations and violations of the Geneva conventions. On both sides too!

Regardless, Goldstone has been critical of the report.

Personally, I don't doubt that violations of human rights and international law happened on both sides.

What didn't happen was any form of genocide.

What is wrong with Monk? You don't like Tony Shalhoub? He's a great actor. There are plenty of Arab-American actors but not many of them are leading actors. There arn't many continental Asian leading actors at all.

Goad you into a hate filled rant? What? Where? I havn't insulted anyone and I am playing nice.

I gave an intelligent and educated response about Jewish identity.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thank you for the reply. Star for sure.

I suppose that any time that someone tries to discuss Israel in any sort of critical fashion, then that is for sure the time when the trolls will come out of the woodwork to try and derail the thread.

I will admit that I am probably a good bit more defensive in nature with some of my replies on this thread, but honestly, it is simply due to the nature of the beast.

My most sincere apologies.

I don't have time to respond to to your comment, because I must fulfill my life obligations outside of ATS (I know, it depresses me as well), but I will comment soon, because I want to comment on it.

Type you later tonight. (I am in the US on the east coast)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Until you quote me and point to EXACTLY what I have said in order to prove your point, then your arguments are baseless and intended to stir division.

Don't have to quote nothing, until the day you make me and my family wear a Davids star sown onto my clothes... Just like my past family who also died at the hands of racist and hate filled wankers..... Well... We have learn't loads since then.. This wee country full of JEWS.... Yes thats right.. A whole country FULL of JEWS!!!... We have nukes too... Just like you accept we never used them, or fired depleted uranium into helpless peoples homes and caused soo many birth defects because of oil.... That's you!!!
Start looking at the things that are done in YOUR name before you look at mine.. But I guarantee that whatever is done in MY name will be nothing compared to what is done in YOURS!!
And you try to say that you are run by us?? Then you are nothing but wankers lead by idiots and deserve nothing....

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
reply to post by thatredpill

I think that you misunderstand my position.

I am not against a homeland for the Jews, but what I oppose are the actions taken by those who wish to create this homeland.

Any attempt to paint me as a racist, an anti-Semite, or a hater of any kind will be promptly dis-proven.

Other than that, you have had some really great insight.

No, I dont believe I misunderstood you. Its such a curious situation, the institutionalized affiliation of some in the states with the izzies and others with the moosies. I have no official connection with either, find both foreign to my way of life, find serious flaws with both and find both of the quintessentially anti american and anti diversity and pro domination of outsiders. Nobody likes to mention that many of the arab victims of the izzie state were christian, yet they lost property rights because they werent hebrew. Dont even start with the mooz, they're a wannabe jew without the iq, in terms of wanting to feel chosen above all others with the rest of the world as resource. One wants safety through control, the other humiliation, except for one onother. ME? I hate knowing that I dont take sides in fights between outsiders which pose a danger to me because their institutions have no regard for anyone but their own through their religion/politc synthesis and doctrine, and there's nothing I can do but watch my world be destroyed by two aggressive cultures bound to destroy all for their own purposes, and there's nothing that can be done to stop them from having their way...

[edit on 9-3-2010 by thatredpill]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

Sorry , no, cop out. You as an individual are an entity, but you have representation you can accept or seek representation elsewhere. Regardless, I think the thread is about organized consensus, as otherwise anybody can be the queen of tarts if they chose for as long as they chose.
Complicated may be ok for you, but enquiring minds want to know, and if the question arises an answer in a necessity. I know there's an answer, it's published in multiple sources, there's an entire country devoted to the questions answer. Saying ' its complicated' is a strategic diversion intended to not answer the question especially when there is an official answer. Everyone else is required to represent themselves objectively or be suspect s to their motives, have you ever flown on an el al flight?. Those seeking exception status re defining themselves tend to use it as a tool to obfuscate, and everyone else required to provide hard answers tends to find reason for resentment when expected to grant one group exemption from definition and ultimately assessment to determine who they have to deal with.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by thatredpill]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You and please understand I am talking to you.. your a fuc king joke. Cross me a million times. call me out all you want. forever you have earned my enimity. why.. gentlemen dicuss children and whore cry to their mothers. be well hope in the end you death leave a funny shaped elephant

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

Why do you type such putrid, pointless things. You only make people who disagree with you look in the right.

Seriously. Good luck man. No, For real....

I am not joking. Good Luck. You need it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I haven't forgotten about you MikeboydUS.

I want to present a valid argument, because I think that you made a good point; however, Israel is committing genocide, and I want to be able to show that to you beyond the shadow of a doubt.

It is a bit tangential from my OP, but I like the challenge, and I do think that it is a more than valid argument.
Thus, the star and props.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Look Yissachar....

We have had several confrontations and I think that you misunderstand me, and I must say that your understanding of your own people is also a bit skewed.

I am in no way anti-Semitic, and you are unable to prove that I am, and the star of David has not a darn thing to do with the tribe of Israel.

It is a symbol representing the occult, or hidden, that is called the Seal of Solomon. The reason it was chosen to represent the Israelis is because it was chosen by Rothschild as a symbol for his coat of arms. (It was placed on the red shield, or "roth" "schild")
Placing it on the Israeli flag was a show of respect to Rothschild. He payed for the country with his backing of England in WWI and WWII.

Read all about it here, which discusses the Balfour Declaration.

It always helps to know one's culture.

Edit 1:

This website that I have linked is controversial, but I challenge anyone to disprove the information it presents regarding the Rothschild dynasty and the Seal of Solomon, or "Star of David"

Here is the link.

[edit on 3/10/2010 by Josephus23]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join