It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomer's monitor more huge solar filaments.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

If you mean the dark "ray" (I don't know what else you could mean), it's the support for the coronograph disk. It appears in every image.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the last few big Earthquakes happened during the huge solar filament occurrence?

Just wondering if possibly they could somehow be tied in to the big recent quakes.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
oh =)

Thanks phage - looked rather ominous though!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

The last big filament broke on the 25th of February and was present for about a weekish before that, and that was before the Chile earthquake occurred.
I'm sure some people will say there is a link, not for me to say as i don't follow the solar links to earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

If anything, the full moon from around that date had more to do with the Chile earthquake then any sun activity, IMHO.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
www.viewzone.com...

sorry, after further reveiwing the information I had posted, I change my minde...that link is not about solar flares...so I am removing my worthless contribution to leave a worthless contribution.
enjoy.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by Xcouncil=wisdom]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Just putting this here for the sake of posterity. If there is truth the CME's being related to earthquakes, then we should see some action on the 17th or 18th right?

www.spaceweather.com...

A solar wind stream is heading for Earth, and so is a coronal mass ejection (CME). Together, they add up to a geomagnetic storm alert for March 17th and 18th. The impact of the solar wind plus CME will brighten Arctic skies already alive with Northern Lights:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join