It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Maps - Object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
My apologies if this is in the wrong place and although I have been a member since 2004 I like to stay in the background and read the various threads and subjects.

I thought today using Google Maps that I would explore an area of Canada that I visited in 1989, Wainwright in Alberta to be exact however not all the area is covered except one of the main highways to the north so I clicked / dragged on the little yellow man and settled down to having a small but brief wander and in less than one step I saw this.

Its not in the frame before or the frame after so hopefully this should link correctly, if not I have taken 2 screen grabs.

Assuming the Google mapping cars move at a relative speed the object in question must have been in and out in a small amount of time maybe even something on the windscreen perhaps although using the UFO word might be a bit strong lol

If this post is in the wrong place then to the mods please move it accordingly.

If they don't display correctly can anyone help with the linking process or the

[edit on 8-3-2010 by excelents]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
The windscreen is pretty dirty and the object seems closer rather than far away. I could imagine people throwing stuff at the Google camera cars for a laugh, maybe if you could pan left or right you could determine if it came from a direction.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Wow, a Cigar Shaped........Cigar!!

Nah, i have no idea what that is, but nice bloody find mate, interesting to see the posts you get from this.

Im a bit surprised how dirty the lense is on the googo cam though!!

Well done

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy

Im a bit surprised how dirty the lense is on the googo cam though!!

Why would they wanna clean it, dirty screens with UFO like bug matter on it fuel %50 of ATS discussions

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by excelents

G'day excelents

Why don't you consider moving this to the Aliens & UFOs forum?

You could send the mods an alert & ask for that, if you would like to.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I moved forward by one click and swung around to the left to see if an object had fallen to the ground. Then I noticed this broken and floating image of one of the street lamps on that stretch of road.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1e10b113f61.jpg[/atsimg]

Could this explain the OP's image?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Teller
Could this explain the OP's image?

Yes, as Google Streetview is made up of many pictures joined together these artifacts are not uncommon, many have been posted here before
www.abovetopsecret.com... RID%3A9&q=streetview&sa=Search#1018

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It looks like it's casting a shadow of itself into thin air. Now, unless I'm mistaken, this breaks a few laws of physics. My guess would be something close to the camera/windscreen.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hi thanks for the replies but I have asked in the OP that if it is in the wrong place then could the Mods move it accordingly. It could be anything or nothing in the picture but I was just having mooch about the area I visited in 1989.

Pan right of where the picture is and there is a scrapyard that I visited for a number plate as a souvenir odd I know but the lad's wanted one for displaying above the bar back in the UK when I was a Soldier at the time and we were part of a 6 week tour at Fort Wainwright.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by excelents]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Strange, though most likely a camera thing.

I looked at Google Earth, and found the streetview this pic comes from. It`s the very same picture, the clouds are identical, the vehicle in front is the very same, it is definitely the same picture, but... the object isn`t there.

Even the two spots of dirt on the windscreen either side of the object are in the very same position, but no object.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
pardon me, i had the wrong picture, it is still there.
Sorry

top topics

join