It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have my College interview 31st March :o

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Im kinda nervous with this as i suffer from anxiety, it's really important for me to get onto this course National Diploma Gaming and Software Development, im never any good with interviews.

It makes it worse as my dad is always really assey about it, no support at all, im not sure if he is jeolous or what but, i said to him why don't you try and get an IT course at my college (hes a gardener and getting bored of his job) and he turns around and says "Why would i want to do that, oh youll end up being a bus conductor" He doesnt care about my education all he wants is for me to leave college and get a minimum wage job just so i can give him some for letting me live in the house.

Yeh becuase its not like im his son or anything :shk:

So ive turned to ATS for my support as i get 0 off my family

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
You can't go into the interview thinking this way. You have to go into it knowing that you are going to blow them away and prove your dad wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Yes, tell yourself YOU are the person they opened the college for! YOU are this college's gift from GOD!

Psych yourself up. YOU can do this!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Thnaks for the support

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Key issue for any interview scenario is preparation.

Understand the place - carry out some research on the college, the course (learn the course itenary), the tutor (does the tutor have his / her own own web page within the college - myspace perhaps? You may be suprised what you may learn from this approach);

Understand you - they have already matched you with their criteria to a certain extent so you may be half way to getting the place as a result of the interview. Know your strengths, areas for improvement and what makes you enjoy what you do (sell the positives and benefits every opportunity you get). Use action words such as 'developed', 'constructed', 'teamworked', 'successfully', 'created' 'assisted with', etc. Just ensure such words adequately reflect your prior actions - be honest with bells on it!
;

Finally, when you are armed with this knowledge, practice a mock interview(s) alone in front of the mirror (or with a friend). This will not only give you more confidence going into the interview, but it will have the dual effect of reducing your anxiety. Then, just let it go. Focusing too much will build anxiety and compound such feelings.

Just prior to the interview, take three large deep breaths, breath in, hold and then steadily release in a controlled fashion. Then think of something that normally makes you smile and you will be set.

Good luck!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've never walked into an interview without scoring the job.. My problem has always been getting the interview, but I digress.

You must make them believe that you are indispensable all while being yourself. Its ok to be a little informal in an interview because its important they know who you are. You also need to show that this isn't going to be the end of the world if it doesn't happen for you. An interview establishes your value. As long as you know your value, I guarantee you'll be fine.

No worries bud, go kick some ass.

top topics

join