It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason Time Travel can't exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
good point, philosophically speaking, and under the common perception as the universe being the only thing in existence, shouldn't traveling in the past be easier than the future, since the past has already existed and the universe probably knows what its structure was assuming the universe itself is conscious. Aren't there something called time trails, i know I've heard that somewhere?

If we were to look at it from a philosophical perspective, that would be a decent argument...but it would still require the radical re-shifting of the universe's particles. How exactly would a time machine manage to do that?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
from a philosophical perspective the key words there were. "The past had already existed" ...... it doesnt exist n e more.

The furture doesnt exist yet..... and neither does the past exist now..... why should it be any easier to move from one to the other with a time machine.

If you travel to the past the future is panned out already, therfore the future in the past will be set. If you believe this then you are not in control of your life or your future or any of the choices you will make today, or the fact you are reading this now.

Do this: Hold your arm and hand infront of your body, raise it up and down like your cutting the air over and over and say "I am moving this hand, I am moving this hand" whos in control are you moving your hand? I believe i am moving my hand

I dont think being able to travel back in time is at all physically possible. Apart from the physics, Where are all the time travellers from the future that have come back??

The future:

If you consider space travel in the future. When we are advanced enough to travel to the stars and around our universe we will be moving far far away from earth travelling at extremly fast speeds, journeys that may take a few years at close to the speed of light for the astronaght may take centuarys on earth.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
if time travel did in fact exist, why havent we seen any time traveling tourist? wouldnt the people of the future want to share technology so that when they went back to the future the people there would be more advanced?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If somebody did come back from the future, I doubt they would try to have any affect on the time. Somebody changing something in the past could have no idea that they would have even been born in the future, so if they are here, they are just observing.
Not to mention, I'm a believer in parallel universes being created if someone does change the past.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
unswering to the topic question:

time travel is impossible, and will be until some one discover the way to do it!! until then ,,,it is impossible!!

how can some people stand in in a so """"fanatic"""" belive way in science? open your history books, and make a research...now try to see the most notable and fantastic "things" that science had discovered....now you will notice that the biggest fantastic things was researched by people that at they'r time , they was researching thnigs, completly against what science say it was completly impossible at that time!!

do you recall when some one have sayed that the earth was around the sun , and not the sun around the earth?

do you remember when science stated that a travel to the moon is just impossible?

do you recall when science stated that we never was capable to travel at flying ultra sonic speed because that will kill us?

do you recall when science stated that eating sardines is harmfull because of a substance that is bad to the coolestrol and the heart~??but some yesr ago, they staded now that sardines have a very good oil,tha is good for coolestrol, and the heart...so the sardines had changed....or was science that was wrong??!

do you recall when science had adopted einstein relativitie theory as a true law?...althou,do a good research about einstein "museum"(the last place where he lives),in that place there is a einstein "notebook", and in that notebook, some time before he dies, he have writed that he have noticed that his big theory can be wrong!!!...now...how many people knows something about it??i dont know how many, but for sure, not too many, because yet in this days i have read several times that the chance that that theory is wrong,,,is just a "theory" yet!how can this be if he have writed that!?

i think i am not wrong about this, but i think its because relativitie theory of einstein that science claims that nothing can move faster the light...and this will be the "truth" untill some guy, get away from "science laws", and proof:yes, its possible to move faster then light...! that time we will be near to acept that time travel it's possible...maybe!
if we look to history, science had be "wrong" too much times, so we cant folow science in a blind way!, and thx god science was wrong so many times...or we will be living in caves yet, in a way of speaking!!! hironic...isn't it?!

[edit on 6-6-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If somebody did come back from the future, I doubt they would try to have any affect on the time. Somebody changing something in the past could have no idea that they would have even been born in the future, so if they are here, they are just observing.

Well obviously the time-traveller will know he is from the future, even though he will perceive it as HIS present. However, if a time-traveller WERE to come to our time (assuming he isn't just observing) and wanted to change the past, he would want to be as low-profile as possible, so that the changes he makes are as controlled as he can allow. Therefore, our history could technically already have been "changed" numerous times, and we wouldn't know it.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

time travel is impossible, and will be until some one discover the way to do it!! until then ,,,it is impossible!!

So how have nasa proven that time travel to the future is possible,
With two atomic clocks and a plane. The theory has been proven.

Astronaughts always some back to earth younger than earth time. 1/100 a second but younger.

i think i am not wrong about this, but i think its because relativitie theory of einstein that science claims that nothing can move faster the light...

Einstein's special relativity predicts that no particle with mass>0 can travel as fast as the speed of light. Except neutrinos recently discovered have no mass (0) and travel at the speed of light. That puts atleast 1 nail in his theory

Einstein didnt know everything, nor solved all the problems in the universe. He did made a good start.

All we know is tuime travel to the future is possible and does happen..

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So how have nasa proven that time travel to the future is possible,
With two atomic clocks and a plane. The theory has been proven.

Astronaughts always some back to earth younger than earth time. 1/100 a second but younger.

Sorry, that's not time travel.

Basic Relativity 101: The faster you move, the slower time moves, until you reach the speed of light at which point time stops altogether for the traveller (any Ender's Game book will give you a proper education on that). Astronauts come back a 1/100th of a second younger because they have experienced time at a slower rate, not because they've been moving backwards in time. If that were true, they'd return to earth younger than when they left. So no, time travel does not "happen all the time", whether or not it is, in fact, possible (which I still claim to be impossible.)

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think time travel is possible. We all do it everyday.

Time is but a measurement of movement thru space, reletive to a common point of reference.

But now to vary your rate that you experience time now,...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hey, if you think about it, we are always travelling forward in time, we're time travelers.
DonArmeggedon, your speculations are just that, as much so as everyone elses. I think this thread should die cause this is futile. I think you're just trying to rack up points by immediately negating all positive thinking towards this discovery and trying to get people to further put holes in your own argument.
You'd be like the guys back in the day saying the earth is flat, the earth is the center of the universe, so on and so forth...
I'm done with this thread...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm not simply "putting holes in other people's arguments"; I'm countering them with thoughts of my own, which as far as I know is allowed. There have been strong points on either side, but I still think that my opinion makes more sense. The more opinions I reject, the stronger the arguments become, making the debate that much more stimulating.

And yes, "technically" we're all travelling through time as we live normally; that's not what we mean though

[edit on 6-6-2004 by Don Armageddon]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hmmmm. O.K. Im kinda simple minded, but if you were to leave today and travel back in time to say 50 years ago, wouldn't you find yourself in space...floating....saying "oh, now were did that earth go". Or are you talking about skipping branes and doing the trans-universal thing? Oh yea watch out for those black holes and ummm stars, I would hate to find myself in the middle of one of those.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oh, I couldn't resist coming back for that last post. That's actually one of the best questions I've heard for time travel, and it was covered in another post.
You would probably have to use the earth as some kind of natural mathematic to assure that you arrived at the same point in space, how that would be done......??

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by popeye0314
Hmmmm. O.K. Im kinda simple minded, but if you were to leave today and travel back in time to say 50 years ago, wouldn't you find yourself in space...floating....saying "oh, now were did that earth go". Or are you talking about skipping branes and doing the trans-universal thing? Oh yea watch out for those black holes and ummm stars, I would hate to find myself in the middle of one of those.

Ah, nicely done. Indeed, some way of compensating for planetary (and galactic) shift would be required so that you show up in the desired spot. Of course, if one can manage to send themselves through TIME, I'm almost positive it would be a far simpler matter to move through SPACE as well. I think the creation of a space-transporter (e.g. teleportation) would necessarily precede any time-travel technology.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Don Armageddon
Ah, nicely done. Indeed, some way of compensating for planetary (and galactic) shift would be required so that you show up in the desired spot. Of course, if one can manage to send themselves through TIME, I'm almost positive it would be a far simpler matter to move through SPACE as well. I think the creation of a space-transporter (e.g. teleportation) would necessarily precede any time-travel technology.

I have this scenario.... How do we even know that the earth exists at all except in this millisecomd of time? Maybe everything that has happened is wiped clean. Like the old.. Does a tree make a sound in the complete empty forest when it falls..... No way to know...

[edit on 6-6-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Just thought I would share this if people hadn't seen it yet, apparently time travel has been discovered, so they claim...

www.damanhur.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
think about this and see if this is logical or not:

i live in portugal, so i live in the future in relation to all the american continet residents!if we folow time, compared to some american regions i am almoust a day in the future.., but now think in another way....not take individual people, but we all at the same time...we all live in this planet...and in matter of time....we all are at the exact same time here too...this dont make you think how weird can be "time" measures??
some of us are in the future, same in the past, but we all exist at the exactly same time in the planet...

another exemple: if a plane crash here today, you will can see that in the TV news, but you are seeing something that have not happened yet acording to your country time! but at the exat time that plane chrashed,,,,you are here at the same time....or are you in the past?!...lol...weird to think in this way!

lol...this makes me think too that if you take a plane from america to portugal..you are doing a time travel
!!
[edit on 7-6-2004 by kangaxx]

[edit on 7-6-2004 by kangaxx]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join