It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurt Locker .... The Ultimate Champ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I found Avatar extremely dull. It was just all flashy CGI. After all the hype I was really looking forward to it, but found myself in the cinema bored for 3 hours. I'm glad it didn't win best picture. I guess not everyone is blinded by special effects.

The Hurt Locker was good but I was annoyed at how uselses the Brits were in the movie. Some get killed and have to be saved by a US bomb squad. But I guess it was made for an American audience. Another film to educate the stupid.

I was disappointed District 9 didn't win anything.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I watched the awards only once... i think it's a meaningless and very superficial event that costs too much money and is only for commercial purposes anyway. I don't understand the hype about it at all. next to that, they leave out the best movies ! Directors should cut down their budgets, for money doesn't make a good movie. They spend just too much money on movies nowadays, it's very, very insane.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think its finally because people are sick of looking like clowns going into cinema's having to wear 3D glasses all the time, when Hurt Locker is a Modern Film that doesn't require any of that HD/3D rubbish and is simply a story told in the traditional form.
Lets hope "Hollywood" gets the hint from this.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Kind of interesting that the Producer of Hurt Locker was barred from the event because of this and the whole outfit is facing a lawsuit for some possible unsavory actions.. That aside its kind of interesting that a film rooted in reality took home most of the awards at a time when I figured escapist films would be sweeping up given the fact that people like an escape from reality every now and then. Of course Hollywood never has been overly in tune with the way of the world outside of their drug and alcohol problems, infidelity and various other vices.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
While great movies often get nominated (Avatar, Inglorious Bastards, etc.), I'm used to the Oscar going to movies I'd never buy a ticket for. Sure, I might rent them through a $1 Redbox, or watch them when they come on cable...but most of the winning movies just aren't my idea of entertainment I'd go out for...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by galatea
I've seen the Hurt Locker. It was a FANTASTIC movie!!!

I'm glad that it won. I'm tired of big budget blockbusters always winning. YAY for the indie movies!

Exactly. When people complain that Hollywood is too mainstream, Hurt Locker proves that they can still make great films. Everything about it it was done perfectly; acting, directing, editing, music, etc.

It earned the right to be best picture, we need more films like this and less of the banal eye-candy that Hollywood constantly cranks out.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am SOOOO HAPPY Avatar did not win Best Picture! I was so nervous. What a relief they didn't make a silly mistake like they did when they awarded Titanic Best Picture. Too many people mistake great special effects for a great film. Avatar's special effects were the best i EVER SEEN. So I'm happy they got the award for that. Well earned. But always be wary if a film wins Best Picture but doesn't win at least Best Screenplay, Director, Actor, Actress.

Hooray!!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I don't think Avatar should have won best picture (the plot was a rehash of a tried and true fish out of water scenario), but when the director basically pioneers a technology....well...at least he got his award from the box office...

Some of the movies up there though, I hadn't even heard of, or had, but just barely...

I can appreciate the art of good acting, cinematography, etc., but I'm more often in the mood to simply be entertained, versus wanting to see some kind of "statement" in film...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by galatea
I've seen the Hurt Locker. It was a FANTASTIC movie!!!

I'm glad that it won. I'm tired of big budget blockbusters always winning. YAY for the indie movies!

Exactly. When people complain that Hollywood is too mainstream, Hurt Locker proves that they can still make great films. Everything about it it was done perfectly; acting, directing, editing, music, etc.

It earned the right to be best picture, we need more films like this and less of the banal eye-candy that Hollywood constantly cranks out.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by AugustusMasonicus]

VERY TRUE......

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join