It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prediction (I figure why not gamble big)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

My prediction

(I figure why not gamble big)

I predict that the oceans, and all salt water sea life, will be moved to above the atmosphere.

Further that the mountains will receed, the ocean floor come up, and the whole earth become a plane of streams, lakes, and fountains. Whale watching will be done with a telescope pointed upwards. Space travel will be set back ten years.

So...
If this ever happens. Remember you read it here first. You can't have it. This prediction is mine.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wow... If the ocean goes up into the atmoshere.. didn't this already happen pre FLOOD?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That would be a trip to see happen...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Wow that would be one h*ll of a trip.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Go big or go home.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wait a minute, have you read The Integral Trees by Larry Niven?

Quite the imagination if you haven't.

If you haven't, give it a try, a very good book.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Quite the imagination if you haven't.

I write my own solar system simulations in openGL. I have dealt with the 3 body problem, and use the 125 largest bodies in the solar system simultaniously. The program covers from 6 million years in the past, to 6 million ahead.

So yeah, ummm. I'm a nut. I'll check out the book though.

David Grouchy

[edit to remove 3 paragraphs of math riddled brain dump. Summed up in the three sentence paragraph above]

[edit on 8-3-2010 by davidgrouchy]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Thanks for the reply, you will probably like it.

Oh, by the way, if your prediction comes true, I cannot wait to swim like a bird.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Pity you didn't predict this BEFORE it happened!

Yep, it happened over 12 years ago (maybe 13 or 14; but, 12 for sure.)

I was there! I had pictures of it on the Internet. Unfortunately, I didn't have a burner back then to copy my files.

The sky was full of dolphins.
Where land normally was; it was water.

By the way, it was in a 3D "Virtual World!"

You're too late! Try again!

P.S. I WAS a BIRD too! Flying through the water. Avatars, what can I say?

[edit on 8/3/2010 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
You're too late! Try again!

lol

but, was it a ... prediction ... ?

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

My prediction

(I figure why not gamble big)
I predict ...
David Grouchy

Yes, your own words.

No, it wasn't because it already happened.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The question is directed to the 3d virtual world refered too.

Was that, listed as a ... prediction ... ?

I was there! I had pictures of it on the Internet. Unfortunately, I didn't have a burner back then to copy my files.

And since the point is being belabored. Where is this picture refered too. Prove it.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

No, you did not specify a 3D virtual world as the platform for the fulfillment of your prediction. (As you well know your own words.) You left that part open-ended!

Predictions are left open to 'interpretation'.

This one needed no interpretation though!

Really, try again - surely you can make a prediction that will never happen (which was your original intent I presume.)

Try something simple like, "There will be an earthquake, somewhere, someday." With your luck ... there will never be a quake again!

P.S. - Just noticed your obnoxious request for a picture that no longer exists as you were told before you asked for it ... BUT! You can still go to that world (which has a different skybox now) and find the old jpg file that was used for the world years back. Some of the builds there might even have old screenshots.

Try harder!

[edit on 8/3/2010 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

You think so but I bet I would have enjoyed the brain dump version better.

Have any renders you want to share?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is like having a conversation with through a broken language translator. Either that or I'm being had. I don't know, but I'm begining to feel covered in egg, tar, and flower.

My prediction is for the future.
The real future, here on earth.

:|
David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

You think so but I bet I would have enjoyed the brain dump version better.

Have any renders you want to share?

I did, but I'm feeling shy and nervous now.
I'll add you as a friend and U2U later.
Another day.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
... or I'm being had ...

My prediction is for the future.
The real future, here on earth.

David Grouchy

Well, you weren't "being had". You can see the world yourself ... though as I said the skybox isn't the same as when we had the dolphins flying over us 12 years ago. The download is free; but, to be able to build or choose avatars costs $. activeworlds.com After you get there, go to Atlantis world.

As for your prediction being a "real future, here on earth" ...
No way Jose!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
My prediction is based on mathematics. I am _not_ a graphic artist. Newtonian physics, inverse square of the distance, that kind of thing. I started with a random spread of dust, turned on gravity to see what would happen. I have several complaints about the theory of Accretion.

I use my simulations to grow my own planets.

In addition I spent the past summer building a database of the official data for _this_ solar system using the 125 largest bodies. My computer can only handle so much. But I have 6 million bc through 6 million ad running pretty well.

I also have been experimenting with the gravity models. Instead of using a single point to represent the center of mass, I started playing with a corona instead. First outside the body, then at the surface, then some tests near the center.

I beleive it is possible for the oceans, and the life in them, to be lifted up to cloud level, rising and falling with the barometric pressure beneath them, if corona gravity is used as the model. Also without the weight of the oceans selectively applied to only parts of the planet, the land may very well smooth itself out. Particularly if the atmosphere is evenly applying the presure of the entire sky ocean over the entire earth.

This confusion over pictures is entirely of your making Ziam.

As for your prediction being a "real future, here on earth" ...
No way Jose!

Now you are getting it.

David Grouchy

Well, you weren't "being had". You can see the world yourself ... though as I said the skybox isn't the same as when we had the dolphins flying over us 12 years ago. The download is free; but, to be able to build or choose avatars costs $. ******** After you get there, go to Atlantis world.

Reported for hawking a comercial site. Edited out as ******** above. This is against ATS policy.

[edit for spelling]

new topics

top topics

join