It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News Vs. Loose Change

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by predator0187
Any thoughts?

Pred...

But then that dips**t "alternative" with the girly hair and goatee had to open his mouth and ruin it. He snarled that the interviewers were "trying to get sound bites" when all they were doing was asking honest questions, and then spoiled the other fellow's lucid points with paranoid speculation over how Bush "stayed in the classroom for as long as he did". Thus it is a good representative of the conspiracy movement- for everyone who has a legitimate issue, there's another dope making unsubstanciated accusations and spouting out nonsense based upon absolutely nothing but abject paranoia that ruins it for everyone else.

Who was that guy, anyway? Dylan Avery?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Do you realise there have been 3 (now 4 iirc) editions of loose change, the latest being "An American Coup" if memory serves. The missile/bomb/pod was only included in the first edition and has been removed in subsequent editions.

Ive watched all four of them and its nice to see the progression of the investigation from day 1, with new evidence comes new information and the loose change team have done a great job of renewing their ideas based on the evidence available.

Personally my mind is still to be made up as to what / who, happened that day. There seems to be many possibilities ranging from The govt did it, through to the govt knew it was coming and couldnt do anything to stop it if they wanted too. or possibly they knew it was coming and just let it happen as it served their own ends nicely.

If it really was that easy for them to attack the pentagon, you would think that people finding this out would be quite embaressing as the largest superpower on earth.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
The ABC reporter was doing exactly what he was accused of. As a journalist, I saw it just like they saw it.

Today's US media has an agenda. It is no longer non-bias as they are supposed to be. They are pressed to get stories out as soon as possible. They're in competition with other stations and the internet. They rarely investigate or even confirm information, especially in broadcast media.

More investigation is done in print media, although they too have become complacent too.

The reporters questions are searching for sound bites. The entire interview will air in a few seconds. He has a deadline and is looking for sound bites to fill into his story. His job is to link local news to national news.

Conspiracy theory nuts are connected to terrorists.

It is so easy as they state for ABC or any news outlet to ask questions. After all a journalist job is to do just that.

The American media has been one sided for a long time now. In general, new media has gone the direction of the White House since the Reagan era.

Today's news is more one sided. The best source of news currently is the BBC. BBC Americas covers both sides of issues.

Look at there coverage of the 9/11 attacks and subsequent 9/11 truth challenges.

It will be interesting to see the actual broadcast the reporter produces. If anyone comes across it add a link here of it.

There have been cover ups in the past. Yet, by the time the people started investigating, most evidence was gone. Today with instant media coverage and the internet, people have access to more than they ever did.

I predict 9/11 will be re-investigate. Not because of the news media, but the internet google, youtube, and others are awakening more people every day.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this video! It shows how our press in this country is a total joke. The ABC guy wasn't interested in ANY real questions about 911. How did the nano thermite get in the dust? How did jet fuel melt tons of steel? No, he was sent to this conference to demonize 911 truth because that is the agenda of his Masters. They are trying to make everybody that questions the government fairy tale a gun toting terrorist so they can start rounding them up. It's not working! More and more people are waking up to the 911 coverup and just how evil our media is by hiding the real evidence from the American people. You have to remember, that the press in this country has also hidden the fact that our Federal Reserve is a private bank from the American people also. This is the biggest secret of them all and our press remains silent! Whether most of them know this or not, they only serve the interests of our Federal Reserve owners who are desperate to stay in control of this great nation. How can you trust a press that won't show any real evidence about 911 to the American people? Why are you still paying to be brainwashed? Turn in your cable box and quit feeding the evil beast. I did and haven't missed it one bit. It's very liberating when you stop being a sucker to the new world order media spin.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Any more about the only big time news source that at least gives you a view outside the corporate biased media is RT. Fox sometimes seems ok, but they still tend to bend over and kiss the Fed's butt. Guys like Beck and that O'Riely hate 9/11 truth and slander them all the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

I just thought I would share this as it was quite entertaining. Good to see the young man hold his own.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

[edit on 7-3-2010 by predator0187]

I will point to this program over and over again until the wacko's who want to believe that there is this one guy in control of everything. I ask everyone to watch it for a simple reason. It is to the point and to the truth as any of these guys.

www.pbs.org...

If the attack was stopped, the NSA wouldn't be getting $50 Billion dollars a year. The 9/11 hijackers were being followed and if you want a legitimate source to say so, I can't think of a better one.

But here's My Question? Who cares about Building 11. Every time I hear about how it was a inside job, I hear constantly about building 11.
So who what were they hiding in that building to take it down? What were the main reasons to destroy it? All the time I hear that this and that happen and the plan was to take down this building, so what, what do you want me to care about some dumb building?

Now don't get me wrong, I love conspiracies, and the such, but I try to stay down to Earth as possible because if Truth is Stranger than Fiction, then fiction is crazy as hell.

Also I knew that when Bush got elected back in 2000, that we would be in Iraq no matter what. When I saw 9/11 happen, I simply realized that we were going to be there sooner than later. Also as I look back, I feel that it was our national Karma in such a way that we would be in Iraq anyway.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by sirbikesalot06]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is an excellent find, so I thank you for that. [s&f] Even if you throw out the subject matter, the leading questions being asked by ABC was an enlightening look at how full interviews are covered and somewhat openly manipulated through selective questioning (for those who may not already know how that works). What was even more interesting was ABC's lack of response to the questions the two young men were asking of the interviewer. The subject matter was interesting enough, but I also thoroughly enjoyed watching the ABC interviewer attempt to lead the young men. It's a well known tactic in order to get, as they put it, "sound bytes" to utilize in any manner they see fit. I remember not too long ago seeing another poster showing us how a picture, though simple manipulation of frame, can change the entire feeling of said photo. This could be (I will not say it is until I see the official ABC report) easily done with the responses given by those men. A simple editing job with appropriate music and tone set by the preceding reporter leading in to the interview will decide the populous' reaction. So, if ABC is looking to create a particular image of the men they have more than enough vocal response to elude to any image they choose. I'm not saying they will necessarily do it with malicious intent, but the more sensational the story, the better ratings and fatter paycheck for those who conducted the interview. Sadly, it's not about the truth, and the two young men know this... it's about creating something people will watch.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Yeah it was Dylan. And he is dead on the money, too. His accusations have every bit of truth behind them. We have seen over and over again the MSM take only the clips of interviews which best fit their agenda to demonize the truth movement, and air them. It happens all the time. And it isn't just Dylan who is sick of it.

DEad on the money?!? Dude, did you ever actually SEE any of his Loose Change mockumentaries??? They are entirely 100% innuendo based upon selective cherry picking and quotes taken out of context. Half of the more idiotic statement floating around the conspiracy movement I.E. the "secret pods underneath the passenger jets" can be traced directly to his flicks. He's already been caught at more than one bald faced lie I.E. claiming that emergency crews bringing a triage tent into the Pentagon attack site was some secret tarp covered thing being brought out of the Pentagon attack site. He himself admits he had to abandon some of his more crackpot accusations by releasing a second version, which apparently was still badly done becuase he released a THIRD edited version. If Bush or any of his bunch did anything like that, all you truthers would be all over him like Rosie O'Donnell on a chocolate cake. If Avery is sick of being caught at pushing out lies and half truths, then he needs to stop pushing out lies and half truths. It ain't a trick question.

If you want to be a truther, fine, whatever floats your boat, but out of all the people running these damned fool conspiracy web sites, by far he's one of the most notoriously fraudulent of the bunch and you do yourself no service by going to that con artist for your propaganda.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What this movement needs are champions. People who have the respect of the public or at the very least is recognized.

There needs to be a professional face that can articulate the positions and present the data.

Great job by these guys. I think they're heroes for standing up for what they believe in.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Years ago while living abroad I used to watch documentaries about the United States, about things that we never see here from the US MSM.

I used to always wonder why ?

Many of you might recall, the same methods of ridicule and disinformation tactics were also used in the past by the MSM to attempt to cast all UFO witnesses and believers as crazies as well. That was until the advent of the portable video camera proved that, the UFO witnesses weren't ALL delusional after all.

But as far as this interview ....

It is essentially more of the same thing. Disinformation campaigning by the MSM, at its best.

It being very apparent to me by
The nature of the questions posed by the ABC journalist to the two "truthers", attempting to corral them into making potentially incriminating statements, which was fairly obvious.

The retort by Dylan pertaining to "questioning as to whether ABC journalist was merely seeking Sound Bytes" was priceless !

The ABC journalist had to further demonstrate his true intentions by very predictably bringing up the "Lunatic Fringe" label as well as his attempts of association of truthers with the pentagon shooter, Mike Bedell, to further try to make his point of demonizing all truthers as being violent, anti-government lunatics.

I do have to give credit to Cory and Dylan, for maintaining their composure and diffusing the situation at the end there.

By pointing out the obvious true intent of the ABC journalist which was not to publish the truth.

By reporting what the the convention was about, by interviewing other attendees such as the actual 911 survivors, witnesses, FBI whistleblowers etc. attending the convention.

But instead to only interview Cory and Dylan, the creators of Loose Change, which is an obvious threat to the Zionist controlled media empire,and TPTB, in an attempt to discredit and defame them.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by nh_ee]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

What you just stated in this comment, what does it have to do with this video?

reply to post by sirbikesalot06

Please stay on topic. We are not talking theories on this thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
ABC News, can you spell “backfire?”

What part of "backfire" don't you seem to understand?

“The word backfire in general use usually refers to a plan where the opposite of the desired effect happens or the perpetrator is directly affected as opposed to their intended target.”

The days of deception and lies are done.

No Fear, America!

Speak the truth, even if it means sacrificing your life.

These two dudes are an example of courage in it's purest form, courage that is powered by truth.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Back in 1998 I worked for southwest electric.
The job foreman Robert-Not-Bob Lil Predicted the strike on the Pentagon and world trade center! At this time he was a Conspiracy nut job.
He said that "the terrorist are going to take out our military and financial headquarters and shut this country down."

Trust me that nobody believed a word this guy said then,And on September 11/2001 after I learned of the events of the day (5:30 that after noon)
he was the first person I thought of...I had lost contact with him as I had moved on to a different contractor,still wishing I will see him again someday to ask him how he formulated his quite accurate theory!

My point is that if this guy could see 9/11 coming then how the hell didn't the people in intelligence circles see it?

Its hard to believe that our government either had advanced knowledge or facilitated the attacks...Its even harder to believe that 19 ordinary Muslims with plastic box cutters and stunt pilot skills could hijack 4 planes and smash 75% of their intended targets and completely bring down 3 modern sky scrapers with only 2 jets,Then mail military grade anthrax to members of the media to keep them in-line!

I believe our government had their hands in this from the very start.
9/11 was the was Bush/NWO's only way to carry out their agenda...

/Saddam in a noose.
/Iraq's oil to "free market."
/Patriot act.
/Afghan pipeline.
/Non Saudi permanent military base's.
/Poppy production for big pharmacy.

makes alot more sense than USA-mas band of bad guys that hate our freedom...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Thank you for posting the video of that interview.

It sure casts ABC News in a different light. Both young man handled themselves respectably well. Dylan Avery's responses to the interviewer's attempts at baiting were perfect, despite the "girly hair and goatee" (per GoodOlDave). By the way, GoodOlDave, why do you continue to visit these "damned fool conspiracy web sites"? Just to call people names and divert threads?

The young men were right to tell ABC News they were not doing their job by only interviewing two young filmmakers and ignoring the first responders, victims' family members, and the professionals who were at the conference. ABC would do well to replace that interviewer with someone like Dylan Avery who has the guts and integrity to speak the truth.

From now on I will watch ABC News for the comic value. This sad spectacle puts them in the same category as Faux News.

[edit on 3/8/2010 by dubiousone]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
it is really simple. All the people want is a new investigation. One would think that the government would want all of this put to rest if there was nothing to hide. It is easy to see that the "truther" movement is here to stay until something is done. It just seems that this will be a never ending battle. I feel so deeply for the families that lost someone that day. It just seems that they will never have peace of mind. If there is nothing to hide I don't see why a new investigation is such an ordeal.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stephanies-chase

You nailed it. It's such an ordeal because powerful monied elements have everything to lose when the truth is finally laid bare.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hell yea!

I find it funny that the reporter spent most of the time trying to justify his line of questioning. Like homey pointed out near the beginning, he WAS looking for soundbites.

His expression tells it all, this interview won't see the light of day and his knows it. The problem is is that no one in the media wants to know the gruesome truth and wants to get killed.

Dan Rather lets you know

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I noticed that even before any post other than the two openings was submitted, there was the 'scrutiny' label at the bottom of the thread.

Now, was there actually some member demand that scrutiny be placed on this thread, or does it automatically appear on any thread concerning 911?

Obviously there was no member demand, since no other member had posted. Does every thread in the conspiracy discussion group get scrutinized in this way? What is that saying about ATS and its members. Or its staff?

Come on, can we just deal with the isolated incidents of harassment and trolling as they happen?

How long have you been on this site? Since 911? Because if you had been on that long you wouldn't have asked that question.

ALL 911 threads are being closely scrutinized because people kept getting attacked with names and vicious posts. It's been like this for a while now. No conspiracy by the site to 'control' what is posted. Just the simple fact that the owners decided they were sick and tired of dealing with all of the complaints an outright attacks.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
My thoughts on this are that Corrie (S?) is a level headed kid that is honestly doing this to get a TRUE investigation of what took place that day. Dillon simply gave the MSM what they wanted. He acted like the atypical conspiracy theorist that the MSM tries to slam all of the time. He got angry really quick and attacked instead of doing what Corrie did. Talk calmly and simply try to get the message across.

Sure, I understand what these guys have gone through. They have been threatened and attacked in the public for many years now. The media tries to discredit them at every opportunity. He saw another attack being generated here. I would like very much to see what ABC actually shows on their broadcast. If it ever gets to that point now.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Bravo to these two for exposing the msm for what it really is.

I can't wait to see if ABC actually does a piece on this. This will give us the chance to post up both vids side by side, so everyone can see how the news in msm is done. If ABC actually airs a story on this, it could backfire on them if they don't handle it properly. The internet community along with the truth movement is too big now, and can and will expose this. I know i will be posting this video and anything ABC does on this, to my friends. I think the comparison would be an eye opener, because sooooo many people believe what MSM says all the time.

There is so much evidence that points to what really happened that day, and so many questions left unanswered. It's clear for anyone that's done any kind of investigating on this, that it stinks of lies, deception and deliberate cover-up. Also alot of laws and securtiy measures were conveniently put in place afterwards that would have normally been impossible to do.

I pray that one day the truth will come out, and those responsible will be dealt with accordingly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join