It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nose Bleeds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have recently started to get spontanious nose bleeds, recently as in it started only a few months ago. I never was one of those kids in primary school that got made fun of for his contantly bleeding nose. I am not taking any medication, but, if I remeber correctly, each time before it bleeds, I am very hot. The actual blood is almost like water, very very runny, and very, very red - its not a slow moving dense liquid. Than after its done, I'm nice and cool. My question is, what could be causing this?

[Edited on 5/31/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I'm not necessarily an expert but I had some nosebleeds I believe from too much vitamin E. I guess other possibilities might be something you are taking (herbs or drugs) or eating something that could thin your blood. Then again you might have a more serious condition and I just don't know the details.

Edited note: I have no medical background, I'm just a guy on the net.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I used to get them a lot, and I still do sometimes. But when I asked the doctor about it he said it was something about the moisture in the air or something and he suggested I get a vaporizer which I did and it helped.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I suggest you go to a doctor to have your nose check for surface veins. My son had to have surgery on his nose for nose bleeds that were as long as 45 minutes not stop he was 14, he had many of tiny surface veins that will get irritated during certain months of the year when the wheather was very dry. He is now 17 and not more nose bleeds since surgery.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think you'll find most of what you want to know
Here

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a alien or military implant

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knightmare
a alien or military implant

LOL

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I had alot of nosebleeds between the ages of 7 and 12...but they stopped........
My son who is now 11 has nosebleeds at least once a week...but I am telling him they to will stop.........

If his nose id STILL bleeding by the time he is 14 I will then start to worry.....untill then? no......I grew out of this, and think he will to......

Maybe Xenophanes, your young, and shall grow out of this as well?

But like orion stated i to am just somebody on the net

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
LOL! Please i would advise you to see a doctor immediately- any kind of ailment, side effect or disease is your body and minds way of telling you something is definitely wrong. And since no one in here is a doctor the best thing would go to see one who can give a correct diagnosis.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I can understand if I was a tween or early teen going through this phase, many do, but I'm 19. I could understand if I had to deal with this my whole life, but it has only recently started. I heard it could be the dry weather, which is prominant in the southwest, but if that were true, the nosebleeds would of happened since I moved here 5 years ago. I'm not scared of a "bigger problem", its just annoying to not know where it came from or what its cause is.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Have your blood pressure checked.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
xenophanes85, you're correct that that dry conditions can contibute to your nose bleeds. Nose bleeds are also fairly common among mid to late teens, so its not unusual to happen at your age.

This has a lot of information that is relevant to you.

www.medicinenet.com...

new topics

top topics

join