It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings %D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hi everyone! I know I was supposed to make an introductory post long before this, but I'm not too great at really getting my thoughts across without rambling. So here goes!

I'm Anthony, I am 27, ex-military (I was in the Army, and was a 31U in anyone cares to know), and live in Alabama with my wife and son. I stumbled across this site while looking into info about various things, ranging from JFK to 9/11, and this one kept popping up. Since finding it (and all my fellow atsers, even the ones I don't like- hey sometimes it's fun to ague a point.. even if it isn't valid, hopefully here is where you can learn exactly that), I have never looked back!

I love how every day there is at least one thread that catches my eye for one reason or another, and there is almost always something to get either my temper or my brain going. Also, it makes me proud to see fellow humans coming together to enrich the whole of our intelligence (even if only on an individual basis, some it is bound to rub off on someone else; one would hope so anyhow). Keep up the good work!

Hmm, what else? I've yet to make up my mind on most things on this site, though I can easily say the following in hopes that it may help anyone reading one of my posts of my mindset:

I am half Native American ( don't let the eyes fool you!).

I am an atheist, though I used to be a Christian. Also, I have read the bible all the way through (though I don't know it by heart at all).

I tend to see most religions in a negative light; this is mostly influenced from being brought up Christian. Maybe there is *something* greater than ourselves out there, but I highly doubt any religious text on this planet will makes us any closer or further from it.

I think there is life somewhere, out among the stars, but not that they are here visiting. I would love that though!

I would like to believe is ESP or telekinesis, but have sadly yet to see proof of anything of the sort.

I love mythology of all sorts!

As far as 9/11 goes, I can see how it could have been an inside job, but have yet to see proof of this as well.

Anything you want to know, feel free to ask, and I'll think about answering!

Later!

edit to add: Also, I am a big fan of Carl Sagan, though I have not read all of his books yet.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by ganja]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ganja

Maybe there is *something* greater than ourselves out there, but I highly doubt any religious text on this planet will makes us any closer or further from it.

Holy agnostic...

Thanks for your service - ex 55bravo here. Redstone Arsenal rocks dude. Can you say "E Club"..?

Hope your stay is fruitful...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Even if it is a late welcome lol. Love your name first of all, and second of all I too found this site some years back when researching into similar topics. Only recently made an account, been lurking forever lol. Hope to see around, take care.

new topics

join