It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian President?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Good day ATS. My question is, do you ever think there will be a libertarian president in the U.S or do you think we'll just be stuck with a two party system forever. In my opinion libertarian's have some great ideas but are a little too extreme for me. I don't know was just wondering what you guys thought about that

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The problem with a majority of libertarians, is that they aren't actually libertarians. They're conservatives with a different paint coat. So perhaps we'll get one of these quasi-libertarians, but never a real libertarian.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
The problem with a majority of libertarians, is that they aren't actually libertarians. They're conservatives with a different paint coat. So perhaps we'll get one of these quasi-libertarians, but never a real libertarian.

You hit the nail on the head, I completely agree

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I would love to see a libertarian president but in reality I doubt it will happen because the republicans and democrats are controlled by corporations which means that they get millions funded to them in return for "favors" and the third party candidates are always never spoken about in the mainstream news. And it seems that most Americans let the news do the thinking for them so they don't even think they have a third option hell most don't even know enough about the president they elect as it is. All of this is my opinion.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
O No! this wills never happens in his life! 2 partys is the best! They be the leftest and rights wings of the Eagle! 3rd party is no goods!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

The closest we have had this century was Ronald Reagan previous to him Warren Harding and Silent Cal Coolidge. On Democratic Side Grover Cleaveland , Al Smith (if he had won) and JFK
Choices have been either Progressive (Moving toward Statism) Republicans Bushes, Hoover, T Roosevelt or Progressive (Moving to Communism ) Democrats FDR, LBJ, B Obama, J Carter and B Clinton (prior to 1994 after Conservative Republican take over he had little choice but change his tune).

Prgoressives infect both parties and should be pushed out. TRoosevelt Moose Party was rejected by American Party so progressive had to infect the major two parties with this leftist idealogy.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by torresm1

I didn't know Glenn Beck posted on ATS!

Also second line.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Political parties are unconstitutional

The founding fathers already divided the powers into camps. Three of them. The legislative, Judicial, and executive. These three branches of government are supposed to disagree, argue, and fight. So no one group has _all_ the power.

The Party system, as it exists in America, undermines this. If one party gets a president, and a majority in the Legislature they have control of government. Judicial appointments are sure to follow. Clean sweep. Grand slam home run.

Adding a third party, whatever the name, is legitimizing the existing party system.

One should only be able to Join the Legislative party, Executive party, or Judicial party. If you want to run for President join the Executive party. If you want to be a supreme court judge or help them, join the Judicial party.

Political parties are unconstitutional.

:|
David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Ah finally someone who knows the difference between the ideology and the political party. A true libertarian believes in liberty first and foremost but does not believe in squashing the right of others in that process. A true libertarian also knows that they are as much a part of their community as they are an individual.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The only thing that stands between Libertarians and the White House is the political leanings of the United States people. The US is not a Libertarian country, so attaining plurality would be insanely difficult. The Libertarian Party of the United States has only gotten greater than 1% of the vote exactly once, in 1980.

The American people are not Libertarians, if you can change that, you can win. Don't blame a Democrat-Republican conspiracy for not being able to get your message across to the people.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is an intelligence gathering post.

new topics

top topics

join