It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may only be 13, but at least I know what's going on...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wayaboveitall

It's disturbing that people would discourage today's youth from questioning "authority", imo....

Our schools are obviously failing their indoctrination agenda if even young ones are starting to wonder if reality is as they've been told.

I would much rather the teenagers today to seek truth, than to get caught up in drugs and fear mongering from the media.

One need not be a complete oblivious slave, to contribute meaningfully to society.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamiica
whats "going on"

You and Marvin Gaye both it appears

Welcome onboard, keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times and enjoy the ride!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It's disturbing that people would discourage today's youth from questioning "authority", imo....

I do not discourage intelligent questioning of authority, I do discourage a very young person from making themselves vulnerable to the lunatic ideas of a percentage of disturbed and in some cases, deranged adults and their grand delusions that cloud their judgement and distort their veiw of reality on this website and others like it.
I strongly encourage Tamiica to think for herself and to carefully think about the ideas here and make intelligent and informed judgements, not to simply decide this idea or that one seems to make sense so must be fact.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Your age is almost of no concern to me. I've met people much older than you that had no sense at all.

Let us know when you realize how much you don't know. I'm 63 so I probably will be on a heavenly plain by then because it takes many years to figure out what's really going on.

I wish you a happy, healthy and interesting life.

Have fun.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamiica
I felt relieved that I knew what was going on.

Well, I'm glad that you are aware. I congratulate you. However, that "relieved" feeling that you say that you feel when disperse over time.

I was much the same.I was 13-14 years old and I knew much more about the world around me than my peers did. However, by the time I reached 16-17, I began to feel isolated. I was a stranger in an even stranger land.

If it's knowledge you want, then by all means, pursue it. Just pursue it with the foreknowledge that it comes at a cost. You can choose truth or happiness in life. Never both.

"There is no comfort in the truth."

Welcome to ATS.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You can choose truth or happinessin life. Never both.

What nonsense you miserable sadsack, happiness is a state of mind, it depends on attitude, it comes from within, from a persons desire to be so, not from any outside influence.
This is the kind of idea Ive just warned Tamiica about.
Jesus on a stick man, you'll have the kid suicidal in no time with that kind of attitude. A kids life today is difficult enough without filling their heads full of despair.
Let her be happy.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Probably best if I leave my phonetic joke on 'Happiness' out of this thread then?

I would listen to wayaboveitall tamiica, this is a fun place to be - but not everyone here tells 'the truth' or even their perception of 'the truth'.

Be mindful of what you believe and try to research it yourself (from reputable sources) if it takes to your interests.

See you on the boards!

-m0r

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hm... I was... 16? 15? When I joined this site. I was here for a few months, then like with all forums, I left it for basically 6 years. Now I'm here again and will vanish in another couple of months...

Anyway, don't listen to wayaboveitall. You should be doing what you want to be doing and interested in what you want to be interested in. Just try not to let the craziest convince you ~.^

And I'm sorry to say, the government isn't collapsing... Only the U.S.'s status as a superpower. the government will collapse later, but that's subsequent to the nation kind of becoming... Another thing altogether.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Anyway, don't listen to wayaboveitall. You should be doing what you want to be doing and interested in what you want to be interested in. Just try not to let the craziest convince you ~.^

My point being that Tamiica may not be able to determin 'the craziest' from any others. Hence my advising her to think for herself, not be persuaded or brainwashed by ANYONE.
There will be plenty of weirdos on this website who will want to
convert/recruit her to their thinking, especially because she is young.
As a parent it disturbs me that such young people are on such a website at all.
99% of all veiws here, regardless of topic come down to peoples choosing to beleive alone, not based on any real evidence or proof. Most people here just want to be part of something and randomly adopt various ideas which SEEM to make sense, and never go further than that, yet argue till they turn blue in favour of their chosen beleifs, without having ever really
investigated the claims for themselves, rather accepted the claims of others.
Hence its not an enviroment conductive to the young, healthy and enquiring mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Well, apparently you must have some "draw" to it or you wouldn't be posting here. Now would you? Really..... You sound rather hypocritical to me. Just an observation.
"Cool apples."

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Guys do you really have to pollute an introduction thread with bickering?

Just leave it

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Well, apparently you must have some "draw" to it or you wouldn't be posting here. Now would you? Really..... You sound rather hypocritical to me. Just an observation.
"Cool apples."

Yes indeed, Im interested in unexplained phenomena among other things.
Look up my posts, read for yourself, you decide.
Fortunately im old enough to have a very broad veiw and much more experienced understanding of people than a 13 yr old, and as such, im able to determin for myself, who is a ratbag, and who is not, and to make informed judgements and think for myself, not being swayed by the mindsets and hidden intentions of others.
As an adult I make a judgement on the merits of the site based on this, an accept a large prportion of garbage as part of the package.
Its the sensible and civil and above all, rational and logical discussion that does occure here on these subjects from time to time, that draws me here.
Where is the hypocrasy exactly?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tamiica

This site is addictive,please don't let your homework
suffer for it.I am a 55 year old grandma and welcome
to ATS.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tamiica

Hey kid,

Best advice ever.

Stay in school and be positive, don't spend too much time on this website. Even though we are both correct, don't be corrupted.

GL - I'm not much older than you realistically but it will be much tougher for you.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Folks, this is someone's intro thread. Please keep that in mind and behave accordingly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Don't forget to report pedophiles to the relevant authority.

PeAcE!!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

That was totally inappropriate!!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Seriously?

This is how we welcome a new member?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow, and I was under the impression that I was the only 13 year old here. Anywho, I'm also 13 and this is MY first post.
Hello ATS.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join