It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS a threat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
btw, dont let doc get on your nerves - he's harmless, mostly... besides, its the diversity of opinions on ats that make it a cool place to visit... it'd be boring if everyone was like doc but, thank goodness, theres only one of him, lmao...

Yeah, I'm kind of a singularity. Always misunderstood, always misinterpreted, oft-quoted, but utterly indomitable.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
We do this stuff for free, the copy is good (because a significant number of people here are educated) and the members are enthusiastic.

Yeah. ATS is where I sharpen my claws, you know what I mean. Don't misinterpret that as "latent violence." I come in here and examine writing styles, I flatten rhetoric, I wax prosaic, I exercise my 22,000-word vocabulary, and I'll occasionally REAM OUT a neophyte. Ho-hum.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If the media and police could do their job they would have to clean up their act. American policy isnt as corrupt as Canadian police and security agencies because percapita we have less people. Damn the illusionaugty have complicated the lie the truth about the lie and the lies forming the truth. No wonder I am unemployed everybody hates the truth.You want a good job you have to find a conspiracy to slowly debunk.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Of course the government, actually several governments, monitor ATS. But you are giving yourselves far too much credit to assume ATS is a threat. There is no "typical" ATSer that I have found. The members seem to be divided equally between libertarian/economic conservative/survivalists and leftist hand-wringers as far as politics goes. There is almost no representation of the statist-left position because they are the MSM. The statist-right position has almost no adherents in the US currently, but it is growing.

Politically, ATS is a sliver of the population of North America and Europe, and governments in those regions are more amused than afraid of the members.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
No offense but I don't believe any government agency considers ATS a threat. Sorry. I don't limit my posting to one particular area so I get to see a broad range of topics. And there is so much unintelligent nonsense that even if something legitimate does pop up it's so mired in BS that it has no public credibility. Here's a few thoughts...

1. 2012/Ninbiru/Planet X--Most people that focus on these topics use pseudoscience to validate their claims. Rapid Axis shift being confused with magnetic pole shifts, glacial drift etc... Nibiru... Can't even stomach the pictures anymore. It's ridiculous and totally false. Comet Neat will kill us and it's bigger than Jupiter. Umm no. Immerse yourself in the science before jumping to illogical conclusions.

2. 9/11-- Come on. Again bone up on your physics. If you have a point to argue back it up with legitimate science

3. Norway spiral-- Interdimensional gaeway huh? The rocket venting fuel makes sense I guess thats the issue.

4. Any photo-OMG it's a UFO/ghost/loch ness monser... People jump the gun and make an initial assumption without even analyzing the situation.

5. Atheists-I'm agnostic-but many of the posters are meaner than hell

6-Christian Community-Dilligent fire and brimstone crowd. Many rip everyone who disagrees with them to shreds..

etc...etc...

The biggest problem here is he bandwagon. So few people attempt to look at things from a scieniffic perspective that it wrecks credibility. You almost have to go after everything from the viewpoint of a skeptic for it to have credibility. Ex. That's a ghost! Well it looks like a jpeg defect, it's photoshopped, he light angles don't match. You can't see the entire picture. So. Prove it isn't a ghost... LOL. Blind faith when trying to actually prove something destroys all credibility. Compare American Paranormal on National Geographic to Paranormal State.

Guy's look at this stuff objectively. And maybe the sight can become dangerous. But as long as we get the aliens shot down the probe and NASA lies about it before we look a the scientiffic evidence this sight won't be dangerous.

Now I'm not saying that I deny everything here, but I think 9 times out of 10 there is a conventional explanation that the blind faith/screw real science crowd will call you a government agent if you deny their claims. No offense but that's the worst part about ATS. Not a UFO you say? 9/11 was actually planned out and executed by the Taliban without W's participation? You must work for the CIA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join