It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS a threat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
[warning: I will use sweeping generalizations and labels that I don't like, just to make a statement.]

Why is AboveTopSecret a threat. Conspiracy theorist are all ... we have heard the rest. Lone gunman believed ... we have heard the rest. Austin pilot believed ... we have heard the rest.

• Is there a photograph/video somewhere in the archives that should "go away."

• Is there a theory/belief floating around here that is too close and should "go away."

• Is this platform/forum too open to a potential whistle-blower and should "go away."

• Is the community to uncontrollable and should "go away."

[my opinion] I don't think so.

ATS has people with strong faith alongside people of rigorous skepticism. Military grade survivalist alongside higher plane spiritualists. People with lettered academic credentials alongside trance mediums.

In a word we have diversity.

When young my dad told me once that he used to be a card carrying member of the Sierra Club and the NRA. That in his day conservation meant one only shot what they were going to eat "that day." I don't know if I need to find evidence to support what I'm about to say, but it seems obvious to me that these two camps have been divided, pitted against each other, and seem irreconcilable now. Enough of that, now let me talk about the future.

People fear that which they do not understand

But not on ATS. Not anymore. Sure we don't agree with each other. But we are here, we are talking to each other, and most frightening of all we are listening. How does one divide and conquer something that is built on division. How does one scare people away from something that celebrates emotions. How does one discredit something that celebrates research and intuition at the same time. Worst of all, trolling us seems to have brought the ATS community together.

The four bullet points above may, or may not, be true. However I think the real issue here is the only way TBTP can combat ATS is to join and add their voices to the fray. And being, just another voice, frightens some. Particularly if that person is used to dictating truth from on high.

My advice to the Mainstream Media? Each one of you create a new job, and pay someone to post here. Put your job title in your user name. FoxNewsRep, MSNBCnewsRep, ABCnewsRep, BBCnewsRep, etcetera. It'll create jobs, and be good for the economy.

Accept your defeat, join us, and be honest about who you represent. You may be surprised at how interested we are in listening and having a dialog with you. But if you just want to sit on the mountain and _tell_ us how to think, then you are already dead.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Accept your defeat, join us, and be honest about who you represent. You may be surprised at how interested we are in listening and having a dialog with you. But if you just want to sit on the mountain and _tell_ us how to think, then you are already dead.

David Grouchy

Most ATS members know that the Gov. reads ATS, many police officials do, and news agencies do. There was just a thread about an FBI member who reads ATS. (might have been CIA) Make yourselves known. If you don't want it in your username, put it in your signature. we aren't scared of you, we would like to talk to you. We would ENJOY your company. At least... I would.

Star and flag for this thread!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Because our members can think for themselves.
TPTB don't want people to think for themselves.
They want people to blindly follow every word THEY
say.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Actually, I'd say about 2/3 of ATS members don't think for themselves at all. Most of the time, they're parroting partisan political rhetoric, with NO REAL KNOWLEDGE of politics or the political process.

A great many (if not MOST) of the 911 "Truthers" on ATS have NO KNOWLEDGE of aeronautics, thermal dynamics, building construction, nor of engineering — yet they rant all sorts of preposterous "fact-based" theory, as ill-informed and ignorant as any superstitious savage marveling at Nature's forces.

The atheist contingent on ATS is among the most mean-spirited and ignorant of any atheist group I've seen anywhere on the Internet. They, quite simply, don't know what the FEKK they're talking about when it comes to religion or scripture or spirituality, yet they attack what they don't understand, like a pack of rabid coyotes.

Conversely, I've met some of the most intelligent, spiritually mature and intellectually deep individuals on ATS, as well — however, as I mentioned, these probably only comprise about 1/3 of the total ATS membership.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There are those that sometimes by telling it "like it is" are in affect more of a threat to the corrupt system at large. Any site that allows freedom of expression on issues that many consider out of the "Norm" is a threat to some.

Many of the postings on ATS help many to see subject matters in a different light and it also helps to stimulate a lot of thought and sometimes that type of thought process and freedom of expression no matter how strange, allows some to make the connections. Connecting the dots as they say and when that happens, that is the last thing the corrupt system wants to happen. They prefer we stay asleep and discuss nothing that threatens them or their corrupt system.

This is why I could believe that ATS could be a threat to some but not others.
It's about the freedom to express ideas and the freedom to express whether we like things or not and to explain why. It's just that simple, or at least it is to me.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It's more than obvious that our Shadow Government and our Mainstream Media (puppets of the NWO) are striving to create a new THREAT with which to terrorize the American people and the world, and they want you to believe that this THREAT is coming from private gun-owners, fundamental Christians, and now tin-foil hat-wearing conspiracy theorists.

This is a decidedly mixed message.

If those fekkhead morons in the Obama Administration knew anything about conspiracy theory, they'd know that the majority of "Truthers" are Liberals who seem convinced that George W. Bush was solely behind 911.

One thing I know for sure is that the Austin "Truther" didn't represent the "Radical Right," any more than Timothy McVeigh represented the "Radical Right" — McVeigh didn't mastermind the OKC bombing, you can bet your ass on that, but was working closely with the Federal government under the Clinton Administration (which is highly likely).

Historically, those who run out of ideas so quickly that they resort to catastrophic violence are the Leftist bomb-throwers such as Lee Harvey Oswald (and his cohorts within the JFK Administration), and the very liberal and very violent Eco-Terrorists out west, and Ted Kaczynski (a staunch Al Gore fan), and John Allen Muhammad & Lee Boyd Malvo (the "nonexistent" black racists who vowed to "kill 6 Whiteys a day for a month").

Yet, the NWO wants you to think the "New Threat" originates with Right-leaning radicals, all those white, religious gun-owners, although there is no evidence that Right-leaning radicals are guilty of anything except talking about defending themselves against an aggressive NWO take-over of America.

Which is currently underway.

It's obvious that the NWO — personified by the Obama Administration at the moment — doesn't want you thinking independent thoughts, different thoughts, self-reliant thoughts.

They don't want you thinking. Period.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

So, unless we totally agree with everything you say, we're "fekkheads" who should be muzzled so that we don't pollute your sacred stomping ground. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but you can just stay in your bunker and look down your nose all you want, we're going to keep on happily thinking what we think, no matter how manifestly unqualified we may be to do so...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Has anyone really looked into the corporate affiliations with WTC7?

Has anyone ever researched the history of Christianity?

Some of the history is interesting...

The first vending machine was also one of his constructions, when a coin was introduced via a slot on the top of the machine, a set amount of Holy Water was dispensed. This was included in his list of inventions in his book, "Mechanics and Optics". When the coin was deposited, it fell upon a pan attached to a lever. The lever opened up a valve which let some water flow out. The pan continued to tilt with the weight of the coin until it fell off, at which point a counter-weight would snap the lever back up and turn off the valve.

Heron...the Engineer of Miracles

This is why ATS may be interesting...perhaps...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Interesting topic.

I think David hit the nail on the head when you identified that the real risk comes from people looking past the differences they assume to be so important, and see that the common bonds they share are more important. When that happens, it becomes less necessary to have powers that be out there protecting us from one another, and that threat is necessary.

I was working this campaign and I remember telling people the reason why government had become so powerful is because people would rather have someone talk to their neighbor about a problem than approach them on a one-to-one basis. I fully believe that, and I think ATS fights that in that we bring together different ways of thinking. Most people want to be happy, comfortable, and free, and we see that.

I also find that people are caught up in their own beliefs. They listen to justify what they already believe. When they change their mind, they just adopt a new set of beliefs as a consistent whole without examining them. I appreciate skeptics for that reason, even though I am not always one.

Of course, the Orwellian suggestion is that ATS isn't a threat, just an observation point for some people who need to be watched.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpcrafter
So, unless we totally agree with everything you say, we're "fekkheads" who should be muzzled so that we don't pollute your sacred stomping ground.

Those are your words, not mine. If you think of yourself as a NWO advocate, then, yes, I consider you a fekkheaded moron, and time will prove me correct. Do I think you should be "muzzled"? Of course not... For history shows us that when Leftist pseudo-intellectuals are muzzled — or if they even think they're being muzzled — they turn violent.

Sorry to have to be the one to tell you, but you can just stay in your bunker and look down your nose all you want, we're going to keep on happily thinking what we think, no matter how manifestly unqualified we may be to do so...

Whatever that means. Oh, I'm not going into the bunker, my frightened friend... I'll be right up here at ground level, shouting down the NWO and all its shallow-minded supporters, and I'll run for office before I run away from a hostile takeover of my country by shortsighted and inept Obamacrats.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/7/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I see now. It's all become clear. You don't really care what the subject is, you just want to argue, to "shout down" anybody who dares speak, so that you will be able to cover up your own massive insecurity. I'm going to make it my duty to continue arguing with you in this thread for as long as possible, just to see how far it goes. Buckle up doc, it's about to get rough!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

You don't really care what the subject is, you just want to argue, to "shout down" anybody who dares speak, so that you will be able to cover up your own massive insecurity.

Again, those are your words, not mine. I've never said I was going to shout down "anybody who dares speak"... I said I would shout down the NWO, and I will. And if you're here representin' for the NWO, then I'll shout you down and out of the room.

I'm going to make it my duty to continue arguing with you in this thread for as long as possible, just to see how far it goes. Buckle up doc, it's about to get rough!

It's not going to "get rough" as long as you continue demonstrating your thorough lack of intellectual prowess. All you've done so far is try — unsuccessfully — to put words in my mouth and attribute your sweeping generalizations to me.

That aint gonna work, sonny.

So, go ahead, make your case so I can blast it out of the water on every level. So far, you haven't said anything worth arguing.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/7/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It's not about whether ATS is "truly" a threat. Nope.

Rather, if The Powers That Be want ATS to be a threat, because it serves a political purpose or achieves a goal for them, then they will make ATS a threat.

We are not a threat, but they'll say we are if they want us to be.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
if The Powers That Be want ATS to be a threat, because it serves a political purpose or achieves a goal for them, then they will make ATS a threat.

Exactly my earlier point. TPTB (the NWO, its puppet the Obama Administration, and its mouthpiece the Mainstream Media) are going to CREATE a threat and attribute it to anyone or any ideology they desire.

So the Austin "Truther" was a registered Democrat, an outspoken Liberal, a 911 nutball who predictably turned violent — yet TPTB have painted him as a Right-leaning radical in an attempt to group all 911 nutballs under the Right-leaning radical banner.

It's not rocket science to see WHO the NWO intends to target. The NWO is going after the "Right-leaning radicals", no matter WHAT their true ideology is. It doesn't matter that Liberals are by far more prone to violence, they're going to be classified as Right-leaning radicals, because THAT is the global threat du jour.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/8/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
ATS is not a threat..yet
It is not a threat like Wikileaks is/was, as a preferred repository of whistleblower documentation. ATS will be a threat if and when TPTB decide that the public should not organize. This sites strengths are the speed at which info is disseminated, quicker than msm; and the sheer diversity of subject matter. When the crisis comes, ATS will be a threat, so im interested in what plans can be made to deal with the inevitable. It is true that a range of views are heard here, but it definitely more of a slanging match than a discussion.
On that note Doc Velocity says,
"Historically, those who run out of ideas so quickly that they resort to catastrophic violence are the Leftist bomb-throwers"
I think this "left - right" ruse is distracting you from the "have - have not" world reality. I might suggest to you that historically, the state is the champion of catastrophic violence, whether left , center, or right.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I'm going to make it my duty to continue arguing with you in this thread for as long as possible, just to see how far it goes. Buckle up doc, it's about to get rough!

...uh, before you start, would you mind telling me what state you were born in?... that may seem insignificant to you but its crucial to me - really, no kiddin'... thx so much...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Let's just keep this on the internets, shall we? That's what it's for after all. (Geez, the nerve of some people.)

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
...ooops, forgot to post my opinion of the question de jour... is ats a threat?... nope... theres more than a few folks on here who like to pretend they're threatening or like to pretend they are being threatened but, well, you can fruitcakes anywhere...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Let's just keep this on the internets, shall we? That's what it's for after all. (Geez, the nerve of some people.)

...thats cool... you answered my question... btw, dont let doc get on your nerves - he's harmless, mostly... besides, its the diversity of opinions on ats that make it a cool place to visit... it'd be boring if everyone was like doc but, thank goodness, theres only one of him, lmao...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by earthbell

"This sites strengths are the speed at which info is disseminated, quicker than msm; and the sheer diversity of subject matter."

Well why don't we extrapolate this observation a bit further. Face facts the web promises a whole new business opportunity. Do you not think that a load of business people are interested in the ATS as a business channel. We do this stuff for free, the copy is good (because a significant number of people here are educated) and the members are entheusiastic.

Our speed of transmission and the level of research make us a a leader in information capture and consolidation in one place. Surely a "one stop shop".

So there is in fact a place for people (journos, political researchers and various thinktankers) to come and get free information in almost real time. ATS could certainly keep the National Enquirer in stories for years. Finally I do not put anything past the national security to have a watching brief However there was a spy on the Central Committee of the Russian revolution but that did not stop the revolution to I wish any snoopers here the best of British...Breaking news today is MI5 thought that the German boys’ Hitler Youth cyclist clubs that toured Britain in the run up to WW2 were actually spying for Hitler.

ATS is a threat as conspiracy theorists have been linked in to terrorists. I actually reframe the picture as I think conspiracy theory is a counterculture for the 21st century...Any counterculture is a threat especially when it is so diverse in terms of membership. So the labelling goes on.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Tiger5]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join