It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stationary flashing object in sky. Seen from west midlands area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
About an hour ago noticed what looked like an extremely bright star. Looked closer and realised it has more colour variation than anything else in the sky, sky is extremely clear tonight. It is in a southern direction. It is still there now, tried to get picture of it on mobile but its no use. Looked at it through binoculars and although I don't have a steady enough hand to make out any shape, the colours coming of it can be seen. Blues, red, greens. It has not moved in over an hour now. Could be longer because an hour ago is only when I noticed it. Can't think what it could be, any suggestions? Can any one see a similar thing?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Is it the moon?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
if not. then it is sirius.

very very sirius!

[edit on 7-3-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I posted a thread about this a few days ago. I seen it and i have to agree, WAY brighter than any star i have seen. I remember where all the twinkling stars are in the sky, and that one dose not belong. It could just be the atmosphere increasing its twinkle, but then comes the question why not to all stars.

S&F for i no what you are talking about, i have seen it, and until proven otherwise, ima say its a super spacecraft here to tell us something. (just kidding)

But really, i want to no what it is. Last night i was snowboarding and saw it, and about an hour later it was nowhere to be seen.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

i told you its sirius.

google it man. it flashes different colours. its a binary star system.
brightest in night sky it is.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Waiiit, maybe it is sirius. I did see it under orion last time i looked, in fact, thats what i made sure i noted for comparasion. i cant see it tonight, its to foggy where i am.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

It could have been the Chinese lantern my aunt sent up to commemorate the death of her son.... She sent it up about that time and it floated off to the south.... Oh yeah, she lives in your area...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It's not out in space or anything. And the array of colours is absolutely mind blowing, I love just watching through binoculars. I thought sooner or later I'd figure out what it was. I haven't yet. One of the first things I did, upon noticing it long ago, was print up a star map. And have checked this theory out a few times afterward. So the star thing is old news to me, it's not a star. Nor a sat. It just doesn't move. I've yet to see it as it disappears. I'm on the Hamilton Mountain and I see it North West, looking like it's over Lake Ontario. When I do get it watch it, I can watch it for hours.

One other time my sibling and I noticed another identical one, at a higher altitude, in the Southern sky.

Another interesting experience is at 3am one night after star gazing and watching this thing for hours, my sibling and I got to witness a fly by of a low flying black triangle. Lights, silence and all. It was however coming from the direction of the Hamilton International Airport. We watched it until it disappeared into the East horizon.

Whether they are all connected or not they were good nights to be star gazing.
The only that comes close to that night (the triangle) was watching the "stars" in NB over the Atlantic.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sirius isn't 'under Orion' . The three stars which make up Orion's belt point directly to Sirius, a small distance to the lower left. Sirius is of course the brightest star in the sky. The multi-color twinkle is due to scintillation, a refractive effect of the Earth's turbulent atmosphere.

Here's another Sirius movie. This is through a ten inch scope at about 300x.

Sirius

I kept pulling the focus to demonstrate how Serada ships are created.

WG3

[edit on 8-3-2010 by waveguide3]

[edit on 8-3-2010 by waveguide3]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

It does look very similar to it.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlueButterfly

It was stationay so that ruled out anything like fire work, lantern, plane, helicopter even

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Yeah watched it for ages and did not move at all. I usually watch the sky and never noticed anything flash so intensely before. Strange must be something high up for it to be seen from anywhere. Will look tonight if its still there. Get a pic of vid with my cam.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MetalCoffeeL

What makes you think it is not out in space? I didn't feel like ti was far away either. That was down to the colours, definitely seemed like mechanical flashing. Sometimes when you look at stars long enough they flicker and you can see different colours but nothing like this. When I got the binoculars out, although I was shaking I could see colours changing.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Definetly Sirius, its in the constellation Of Canis Major and yes its kinda underneath Orion, to the left a little tho.

So many threads this time of year regarding multi coloured stars as its prominent in the night sky.

Well when you see it rise again next year, now you know what it wil be.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
yep it was indeed cirius.

It was so bright in scotland last night i had it through the telescope having a good look at it.

Wonderous colours i seen last night..

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkey76

Thanks, looked into it and yes that the one. Its so bright, its no wonder people think its something else.

top topics

join