It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Demonizing of Companies that do Business With Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
i just found an article on NY times, and it puts out a list of a whole bunch of countries that do business with Iran.

Company: ABB Ltd - Switzerland
Revenue & Benefits From U.S. Government: $266.5 million
Status in Iran: Active, but no new investment

In an October 2008 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, ABB said it did $372 million in business with Iran from 05-07, and a smaller amount to Syria, primarily selling products like power generation equipment and semiconductors. This January, the company announced it had stopped taking orders for new business and was winding down work on existing contracts.

www.nytimes.com...

It isn't right for the media to demonize people just because they do business with another country, but I don't see why they need to. It isn't in the best interest of the media to make companies look bad. What's the point?

We aren't at war with Iran, so why are they trying to make people who do business in Iran look bad? Most of the companies aren't even American companies!

I'm confused.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Looks likes the Times has been enlisted in the new Obama agenda to demonize Iran, and companies that do business with them.

The Obama administration is struggling to craft a new round of U.N. sanctions against Iran that achieves more than this feel-good impact. The ambitious goal is "to cut off the revenues that fund Iran's nuclear and missile programs," says a senior administration official.

"We are going to put as tight a squeeze on Iran as we possibly can," adds a diplomat from one of the members of the U.S.-led coalition that is beginning to discuss a new sanctions resolution at the U.N Security Council. The resolution will target the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and its vast network of companies, which the United States estimates may include up to one-third of Iran's total economy.

Source.

And it looks like Obama and his 'pets' are losing favor in the Southern parts of America due to it.

Venezuelan President criticized US Secretary of State’s visit to Latin America saying she regularly travels to the region in order to divide and conquer. Hugo Chavez said there is no difference between the new Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and her predecessor Condoleezza Rice.

According to Chavez the only difference is that Ms. Clinton was blond. ‘To me, she's like Condoleezza Rice ... a blond Condoleezza,’ said the Venezuelan President. Clinton who is visiting Latin America plans on gathering supports for sanctions against Iran. In Brasilia, Brazilian officials rebuffed her but she didn’t give up and continued her trip to Chile where she received a similar response.

Source.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I don't think this method is anything new.

The more times we hear that Iran is an evil terrorist, the more likely most of the population will believe it.

Then when war comes, most of us will be foaming at the mouth at the thought of killing those terrorist Muslims.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Well it's not news to some of us that Iran's revolutionary guards are oppressive towards their own people.

The lot of these companies should be demonised, along with the British MP's & Cherie Blair's sister working for PressTV. It's the minimum they deserve.

Blind ignorance should never be used as an excuse for anyone allowing themselves to be manipulated. Many companies are now pulling out of Iran. At least those that are staying are sticking to their original ideals, even if I disagree with them. And it's not exactly surprising that most companies just do business wherever they can make profit.

And would Galloway just hurry up & move to Iran to become Khamenei's footstool instead of just kissing his ass from presstv satellite broadcasts.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
They should demonize them!

The US pushes for more sanctions but doesn't heed its own...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join