It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shared Sacrifice, Shared Glory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I highly recommend one read of what has become known as the Greatest Generation to give each of us some perspective and possibly some moderation of how we relate to the world- and give us a sense of pride and humility for people who gave us all we have today.

www.tompaine.com...

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This people gave their lives so new generations will learn from them, sad to said that 60 years later we have not learn a think because we are still at war. I can not picture 60years from now what we will have left over to give our grandchildrens childrens.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
No one can see the future; and we can not change the past.

For me, I'm sure that's how the good Lord intended it to be. With these two periods beyond our control, we have the opportunity of having the now and making the best of it.

It seems so simplistic and pedestrian an insight that all too many dismiss it with contempt. But this is all we have - this moment. Our very next breath is a gift so all we really can count on is now. Make it worthwhile.

Those of the Greatest Generation knew the sagaciousness of this reality. The product of their labors is its confirmation.

As a devotee of history, you have noticed the patterns - like helix of DNA molecule - the repeating patterns give new life and hope to new generations. Their future is in their hands not yours.

You desire to make a better world for them is best served by making your now most excellent. It is the paradox of life we must all have the faith to trust in.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am sorry threads that deals with this type of things makes me mad and sad because this people that had die for this country (my grandfather in my mothers side) could had been alive if it was'nt for our mistakes as humans. My mother never new her father she was unborn when he die.

new topics

top topics

join