It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology On Its Last Legs?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SalkinVictory
Just to start off, I'm a Scientologist.

(Flame me, yes, flame me please.)

Everyone is entitled to their own belief system.

Anyways, I can almost guess that most of you ranting on it have not read nor been to any church anywhere.

Going to a Scientology indoctrination "church" has significant risk attached, it is not a wise thing to do without knowledge and a strong mind.

But to come and say things like, this CULT, these traitors, money takers, it's all about money, etc. etc. is just ranting with no sensible arguement.

Cult, pyramid scheme, all has been proven many times over.

I can also imagine that if you were to give facts of everything, most of it comes from MSM and the Anonymous.

While "Anonymous" and their antics can be seen as childish, the program to show Scientology for what it really "is and does" stood out for the world to see, Scientology showed it's lawyers, armed security, private detectives and cameras to the world, the reality is there for everyone to see.

Start here.
www.xenu.net...

I believe a lot of the teachings to have great value and if studied properly, can improve your life substantially.

So just how much money have you poured into Scientology? have you ever counted?

Let me leave you with this:

"It's never the religions fault - it's the individual."

Watch Jason Beghe, it's two hours, before you lose your life and liberty, choose to educate yourself. (edit to update youtube link) see note below.

After Beghe’s criticism of the church made headlines yesterday, YouTube suspended the account of the prolific Scientology critic who posted the video, making the clip unavailable to viewers.

But the suspension has angered YouTube users who have thrown their weight behind Mark Bunker, who uses the name XenuTV1 on the site.

By this morning, 45 YouTube members had used their sign-ons to re-post Bunker’s interview with the Cane and CSI actor.

In the clip, Benghe said: “My experience personally, and what I’ve observed for myself, is that Scientology is destructive and a rip-off.”
link

entertainment.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 10/3/2010 by prof-rabbit]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thank you, both of you.

Also since the alleged operation paperclip after WWII was not long ago before Hubbard had presented his idea for a Sci-Fi religion. I wonder if he took the original idea from anything brought to the US from the Nazi Germany. I don't know if this idea has been proposed before.
We know very little of the Nazi research on social dynamics, there must have been some IMO probably even way before Hitler came to power, since he did so much in so little time. He definitely must have been armed with some social tricks. They also had their Master race belief and they talked about the Vrill, so in some extend it was kind of similar with what Hubbard might have been thinking in its initial stages or at least Hubbards idea about a new religion was not so original.
I can also understand why his original idea for a sci-fi religion was not well received in 1948, it might not had something to do with people being intolerant to new ideas but because it might had reminded them of what was in full swing some years before, in Nazi Germany.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I grew up in East Grinstead, Sussex, quite nearby to Saint Hill, which was until at least the late 80's the Worldwide HQ of Scientology.

I remember counsellors talking to us kids in Primary and Secondary schools in England about the dangers of Scientology.

Scientologists would have people in the High Street encouraging you to come in and do a "free psychological evalation", which of course was their way of telling you that you had something wrong with you that could be corrected with "a course". It was pretty blatant.

I remember being really, really drunk with a friend one day and being approached, and we decided to take the tests just for kicks, with full knowledge of what it was.

We went and did the test, and answered every question with the worst possible answer. When we left, they were looking at us like we were the devil's children.

While people seem to like to go after Scientology, it's really no different from indoctrination into any other religion. They tell you lies to get you to attend courses (whatever church they have on whatever holy day they have), then they teach you to be like all the other folks that have already signed up. They usually charge some sort of "admission fee" (in Christianity, it's a tithe, but in actual fact it's still a "cover charge).

They will encourage you to hang their holy symbols around your home and encourage you to get others to join.

If you try and leave, they convince you to stay. In Christianity, a father, monk, nun, priest, or some other "holy" man will come to your house and tell you why you should stay usually with the lie "for the good of the Church".

None of the religions have any proof of their "saviour", be it Christ, Mohammed, the Dalai Lama, the Dollar, or any thing else.

All of the religions claim to be peaceful, but all religions have caused major warfare in the name of their saviour.

Most Christians I know are definitely not the "forgive and forget" type in their everyday lives, despite being preached to this every Sunday.

Religion is totally faith based, without merit or justification.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
[sarcasm on]

May the force be with you.

Just sayin'........

[sarcasm off]

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Badgered1]

If the Ferengi were to be assimilated by The Borg you would get $cientology

[edit on 9-3-2010 by seataka]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Things You will never hear Inside Scientolgy:

Somebody walks in off the street to join, and then:

First we'll need to "Audit" you to see you are "Clear"

After the Test....

Ok then, you are Perfectly Clear, If fact you are so "Clear" you should
be doing my Job.

Alas, it's more like you are still Pre-Clear and your Bank Account is not "Clear" yet,
and we will have to remedy that.
I'm going to recommend these courses to start you off on the road being "Clear"

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
I remember being really, really drunk with a friend one day and being approached, and we decided to take the tests just for kicks, with full knowledge of what it was.

We went and did the test, and answered every question with the worst possible answer. When we left, they were looking at us like we were the devil's children.

Thanks for making me laugh, I would have liked to see the expression on their faces! That is too funny!

They probably thought you're bank account wasn't big enough to get you clear you were so far from being "clear".

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Since the inception of the Internet, Scientology has made a policy of using copyright infringement laws to prosecute various Scientology critics posting exposing information on the Web. The Church uses legal pressure combined with blackmail and character assassination to attempt to win many court cases in which it involves itself.[24] On the other side of the battle, many Web-page developers have linked the words "Dianetics" and "Scientology" to Operation Clambake. This resulted in the anti-Scientology site having the highest Google index on the term for a while, which in turn resulted in Scientology persuading Google to remove links to the site[25] until international outcry led to the links being restored. This might be considered an early example of a Google bomb, and certainly has led to interesting questions about the power and obligations of Internet search providers.
end quote

The article from Wiki on $cientology and the internet is here.

en.wikipedia.org...

So as to minimize problems for ATS those who wish to read just how silly the so called secrets are need only Google the "Fishman Affidavit" and read about Xenu for themselves, otherwise the Wiki article has good links also.

(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Its easy to part a rich fool with their money, Invent a crazy story while high on your tip of choice telk rich people that their greed is ok as the chosen one was a capitalist in a former life then design a system where you have to keep paying Thousands each step closer to your leader and each step up costs more but you are taught a little more about your eventual salvation and redemption to free you from a crippling guilt.
Charging 100's of thousands of Dollars to find out your God is a thouand year old tree and make up crap like the 1000 years of The leaders life as a tree started out as punishment starting as a tiny tree amongst giants fighting for water between the roots of the other trees as a reminder of your actions to others, Growing as a tree untill you are the tallest in the forrest to realise you may look over the others but as long as you stand and give away all of your fortune to help others achive the leaders knowledge. Then you will one day be felled by another greedy soul who thought you would make some beutiful expensive furniture for other souls who's greed must be turned ito charity.
Now the easy part suggest the leader would be happy if their Billions was used to help other Billionaires realise you need to grow and get rid of the cause of your guilt and make sure we can spread our message around the world and save people who have the same guilt about money.
Then you could even try asking for their huge yacht and private Jets, Houses all to help the leaders message reach the people who need to shed their wealth and guilt.
If Tom Cruise trys to contact anybody because the Leader sounds like he has knowledge far beyond the Scientology Alien God is it then you can use this idea all I want in return are a fee of every Billionaire who joins not much just 100 Million to think up more Religions that teach it is better to have no money than being turned in a desk.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join