It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology On Its Last Legs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

A Biographical Sketch

(This article by Peter Moon appeared under the heading of "L.Ron Hubbard", in the appendix to "Montauk Revisited" by Preston B. Nichols and Peter Moon, available from Sky Books, Box 769, Westbury, NY 11590. It is reprinted here with kind permission of the publisher.)

"An incredible amount of nonsense has been written about this man. I will be as brief as possible and stick to the salient points based upon my own personal knowledge and insights.

Hubbard was extremely wide read and had an acute aptitude for the paranormal. His experiences were not those of a "normal" person and he was continually finding that nobody believed him. Various authors and courts have condemned him for being a compulsive liar. I definitely found this not to be true in my own experience, but if he was a compulsive liar to some, it was partly because no one believed him when he told the truth. Why not just tell them something that works? Hubbard believed in workability beyond all else and he was extremely effective in his pursuits. He hated the establishment because it furthered stagnation and was a hallmark of ineffectiveness.

The Navy carreer of L.Ron Hubbard is checkered with ambiguity. His actual naval records will not be released although there is an agreement that he worked in Naval Intelligence. This being the case, disinformation as to his whereabouts and duties would have been fabricated as a matter of due course.

It is known that Hubbard studied the psychiatric records of Navy personnel and had information on the cutting edge procedures of the day. This included narcosynthesis and regression techniques. He took what he learnt from psychiatric research, plus his earlier studies, and formulated Dianetics. This was the first major regression therapy applied on a broad basis and was designed to be easy for the layman to use.

Hubbard also studied Aleister Crowley and found him fascinating. Crowley's principles are to be found here and there throughout Hubbard's work, but they are not one and the same thing. Hubbard developed his own techniques and was more of an innovator than a copycat.

Hubbard's popularity grew and he never had to look back as far as money was concerned. The Church of Scientology grew out of this popularity and it was incorporated as a legal religion in 1954. Hubbard had constant difficulties running organizations and found he couldn't openly trust others to "just go do it". He formulated his own administrative system and set it up to be effective. The purpose was to sell books and get his Dianetics and Scientology processes to the public. He honestly believed this would save humanity.

The Government waged decades of war against Hubbard and much of it was unconstitutional. I believe that they were angry at him for breaking security with information he had obtained while with the Navy. His organization was also perceived as a threat to J. Edgar Hoover, Richard Nixon and other establishment forces.

I first saw Hubbard in 1972 and Scientology was a growing and dynamic movement at that point. He had definite health problems, but they were not exaggerated nor did they seem to hamper him. These were not hidden from the crew. He considered himself an experimental guinea pig and what he released as standard Scientology was watered down (as far as being dangerous) and foolproof as far as he was concerned.

Hubbard is often described as a temperamental hot head who always had to get his way. He had extremely high expectations and they were not often met. Very often, he didn't get his way and nothing was done about it for a long time or sometimes not at all. Of course, there were plenty of times when he achieved what he wanted, but he was mostly busy researching. Hubbard did not constantly police anyone. At times he would keep to himself but he never ignored the crew. I only saw him get angry a couple of times and this was after a person had repeatedly acted like a fool.

Hubbard said he had no idea he would become so popular and become such a figurehead. Had he known, he would have led his life quite differently. It was wild and filled with outrageous aspects. In fact, he told a friend of mine in the early 1970's that he would prefer to die. His body was worn out, and he felt he had to keep it alive because he had become an important symbol to so many people that followed the movement.

Government agents reportedly used to take bets on how fast they could put Hubbard in prison. Although they were not successful in this regard, I believe he was under constant psychotronic attack during the time the Montauk Project was in operation. He even ended up on Long Island during most of 1973.

The Church of Scientology grew to be a very large organization by the early 1980's. Despite high officials going to prison for conspiracy against the Government, the movement was highly popular and growing. In 1981, at what was probably the height of the Church's popularity, Hubbard was no longer directly involved. He was hiding so as not to be served with a subpoena. Several people thought the movement had been infiltrated by the CIA pitting one Scientology faction against another. There was tremendous infighting within the organization during this period and the majority of the people I knew left. The organization totally changed its operating basis and hasn't been the same since.

Hubbard passed on in January 1986 at the age of 74. He called his confidante, Pat Broeker, to his room a few days before he departed and told him that he would be leaving his body. Hubbard was concerned that people might grieve and cry over his departure. He said this wasn't necessary and that people would cry only because of their own self­invalidation. In other words, people would be crying over their own belief system that they themselves were not immortal.

I've tried to be as objective as possible about this short biographical sketch of Hubbard. It is important to realize that this man had incredible knowledge. He wanted the entire world to access it. If he were clearly interested in money and power and that was all, he would have led a much more extravagant life style. Most of the time, his quarters were not as plush as the average three bedroom house. His life was also filled with pits and valleys and he would have been the first to agree. The man has simply not been accurately portrayed in any biographical accounts of him.

I believe that the real clues to this man's role on Earth have to do with his involvement with Jack Parsons and his heritage with the Wilson clan. His activities there are still shrouded in mystery."

Hubbard, The Druid

The somewhat cryptical remark in the last three lines of Peter Moon's article needs explaining: the Wilson clan is a family of highly initiated Scottish witches. Members of this family went abroad and settled in the USA. Ron Hubbard's father Harry Ross Hubbard was a Wilson really and had been adopted by a family named Hubbard. Which means that Ron grew up in fairly elevated spiritual circles. (I should think he chose a family to suit his purposes as you'll see in a moment.)

I'm taking this from a chapter on the Wilson family in "Montauk Revisited". Preston Nichols, like other authors before, tries to explain the relationship of Hubbard and Crowley by saying that Hubbard learned from Crowley and that the link between the two was Jack Parsons who Hubbard did experiments in magick with. (Jack Parsons was a rocket engineer and a disciple of Crowley. See the chapter on him in "Montauk Revisited".)

This never clicked with me. Firstly, Hubbard didn't spend a lot of time with Jack Parsons. Secondly ­ and more importantly ­ all the session data that went into the "Pied Pipers" clearly show that Hubbard as "Elron" was in dead opposition to Yatrus. Given that Crowley at his time was the senior representative of Yatrus on Earth, it wouldn't make sense that Hubbard should seriously study Crowley's magick ­ except perhaps to find out what the enemy was up to.

The answer to the riddle fell into my lap when at an auditor's convention in 1996, I met a solo auditor who was also a druid. This puzzled me. How would a druid be a solo auditor on Solo 3 or vice versa?

He told me that druids consider themselves to be the keepers of spirituality in Europe. They keep a low profile since the Catholic Church to this day is up in arms against them. Druids are interested in any new development to find out what it's worth, and perhaps to influence it.

Hubbard's teachings are of particular importance to them. Because Hubbard (he said) was by education a druid. He was entrusted with the task of making druidic knowledge available to mankind in popular language.

How would my druid friend know this? Because his teacher told him. So I rang the teacher on the phone (a very long­distance call). He confirmed the story and said he had been told it by his teacher who as a child and a young man knew Hubbard personally, at a time when Hubbard was already in his fifties and sailing the Mediterranean in his Sea Org ships.

I asked him if Ron hadn't told this young man some tall story to impress him, because (don't we know?) Ron loved to create his PR image to suit the demands of his environment.

No, said the druid teacher, the story was again confirmed by his teacher's teacher who studied druidism right at the time when Hubbard studied it ­ in the 1930's. They didn't study in the same place but knew of each other.

So for better or worse, here is the full story as it was given to me: Ron, born into a clan of magicians and witches, received a druid education from late childhood on. It lasted some 15 years. He was entrusted with the task of rendering Crowley powerless since Crowley was into black magic, and black magic is not what druids favour. Further, and as his masterpiece, he was to rehabilitate druidic knowledge in the eyes of the world.

Ron was excluded from druidic circles when he founded the "Church of Scientology" in 1954 since it's against druidic policy to start a religion.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Scientology gives cults a bad name.

For all the cult-like qualities and money-grubbing of the church, from my own reading of scieontology writings, I assert that there is some material of value in there.

Most religions are this way. For example, do you perceive christianity as a religion about burning bushes and a bearded man in the sky with an inferiority complex and a fetish for blood sacrifice, or do you perceive it is being about a guy who basically said "hey, let's be nice to each other." Both are valid perceptions.

Similarly, scientology is largely a money con, but if you actually read the material rather than simply accept what others tell you about it, there's a core idea of "think for yourself, but more importantly...examine closely the manner of thought that you use to think for yourself, because many of your thoughts may be habits rather than actual thoughts." That's a useful idea.

I'm not a scientologist. I spent time specifically looking into it and decided it was not for me. However...when reading their books I found myself very frequently thinking "wow, that makes a lot of sense."

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Religeon or Tax Dodge?

I'm going to go with Tax Dodge. That would explain why so
many Rich Celebrities are on the Honour Roll.

It's makes a blatant mockery of what the Laws defines a Religeon.
All you need is enough suckers (I mean followers) and even Jedi
can be a Religeon. Once your called a Religeon, you don't have to
pay tax. And if your Religeon is large enough, the governments will
actually give you money for Staging Events.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Celebrities are no more human than any of us are.

Anyone can get themselves into a bad situation before they realize it is bad.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Scientology does, the Church doesn't, that's what matters. I'm not saying christianism is good, it's just a lesser evil.
The scientology came in my city a few years ago, and now they're recruiting. I went to one of their recruiting reunions just to look and see, and believe me, these people are really, really, really strong. We were not that much (me, a friend of mine, a young couple, an older one, a familly and one old guy), but most of them just went like "omg that is so great I wanna join now !!!11§§!oneoneeleven!!".

Anyway, very good new OP, you made my day.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

I went to one once, under the guise of being a Street Survey (sigh, I know)
Nothing to do with a Survey.
But, once your inside the door, they won't let you go.
Stopping just short of bolting the door so you can't get out.
They will say and do anything to make you stay. They used Intimiation Techniques,
making you feel like your life is worthless etc, etc and joining them would fix all that.
From that moment, I watched what type of people they selected when ever
I Passed. Very selective and very Predictable as to which ones they approached.
cetainly not random. It really was a bad experience.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hi all

Here is a video i watched a few days ago.

One part of the investorgation the a woman is forced to stare into a mans eyes for 1.5 hours. She stated that th man started to change shape, to lizard like features.

David Icke springs to mind here.................

Gareth

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Scientology is a joke!

Any organized religion is a cult...

I really hope we don't have any scientologists on ATS! That would just ruin my day!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gareth01422

Their other favorite technique they use is the Power of Suggestion.
I have done this to others, by telling them they are unable to remove their hands
from the table. It's really sinple to do, doesn't work on everyone.
And the cool thing is they're not Hypnotised or in a trace, your just mess'n
with their mind. If they trust you and believe what you saying is true, they can't
move.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Freq Of Nature

I really hope we don't have any scientologists on ATS! That would just ruin my day!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is at least one Scientologist on ATS. I can't remember what their name is, but I remember a few months back reading a thread that had something to do with Scientology and someone said that they were part of the organization (they may have even lived in Clearwater, but I don't remember).

Anyway, I think it's good that people are learning of shady things in Scientology. That would be something if there are really only 25,000 practitioners in the United States! Maybe those that have left will be encouraged to speak out now, since the threat of "persecution" would be seriously diminished.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pocky

If L. Ron Hubbard was such a wise and good man trying to help all of humanity and Dianetics is such a wonderful tool...why did he make Scientology into such a malicious money making monster?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I live 20 Minutes from there HQ in Clearwater Florida. The St. Pete Times ran an article a few months back stating Miscivige 'or whatever his name is"... anyway 6 seperate former top Scientologists claimed Misgivage was losing his Mind completly.. He would do all night meeting with his top people brainstorming ways to get membership way up and bring more money in.. When I go to downtown Clearwater I don't see nearly the numbers of members I used too. The economy i'm sure is helping bring down the church quickly also..

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freq Of Nature
Scientology is a joke!

Any organized religion is a cult...

Scientology is not a joke, it is a Business, a very serious Business.
The Business being the very foundation of their Religeon. And will do
anything to protect that foundation by what ever means, including Threats
and Intimidation.

A cult on the other hand, is mearly a bunch of people following their own set
of Ideals without enough Members to be classified as a Religeon.

So the only difference between a cult and a Religeon is the number of
members in your flock.

Religeon is the Perfect money making scam of all Time.
People just give you money every week for no reason, and all you have
to do is quote a few lines from a book.

If Chuches had to pay Tax and ALL Donations were NOT tax deductable,
would People and Businesses still donate their money ?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Originally posted by Freq Of Nature
Scientology is a joke!
A cult on the other hand, is mearly a bunch of people following their own set
of Ideals without enough Members to be classified as a Religeon.

So the only difference between a cult and a Religeon is the number of
members in your flock.

Actually one of the key characteristics of a cult is not the number of people it has but that it has a leader and most cults fall apart after his/her death.

Another characteristic of cults is the veneration of an ideal or an object.

[edit on 3/8/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Just to start off, I'm a Scientologist.

(Flame me, yes, flame me please.)

Anyways, I can almost guess that most of you ranting on it have not read nor been to any church anywhere.

I love that people have their opinions, and if they believe the church of Scientology is a bad thing, you know what? Good for you for having an opinion!

But to come and say things like, this CULT, these traitors, money takers, it's all about money, etc. etc. is just ranting with no sensible arguement.

I can also imagine that if you were to give facts of everything, most of it comes from MSM and the Anonymous.

I love that people have opinions, but please, before you rant, check it out properly.

I believe a lot of the teachings to have great value and if studied properly, can improve your life substantially.

Let me leave you with this:

"It's never the religions fault - it's the individual."

[edit on 8-3-2010 by SalkinVictory]

[edit on 8-3-2010 by SalkinVictory]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SalkinVictory

Fair enough but the church itself does have an ugly track record and nothing you can say to its defense will change that.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SalkinVictory

But to come and say things like, this CULT, these traitors, money takers, it's all about money, etc. etc. is just ranting with no sensible arguement.

Then why must people pay for each step of 'enlightenment'? Why does the price get steeper for each level? Why do they exhibit cult-like behaviors - like making it hard for people to leave... and in one case they ran one guy (Marc Headley) off the road with a 4WD and he crashed his motorcycle. Luckily the police came to his rescue after a 911 call.

Just a personal question for you. Have you followed more than one religion in your life?

IRM

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
they still wonder the streets of london trying to scam money out of people. i guess their mission failed.

Watch the prophecy of G.O.D as this young man describes it so wonderfully

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link. Spamming

[edit on 3/8/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GENESIS_2012

Can you please stop spamming that youtube video? I've seen you post in a TON of different threads, and you make it seem like you're contributing to the discussions, but you never do. You just say one line, and then say, "well, it's just like this rap song".

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hopefully it is. These people are psychotic. I don't care what religion people follow, but when it becomes a thing that people use to verbally assault others; then something needs to be done. Scientology morphed from a cult, to a scam business.

Mormons are the same way. All of those "Work @ Home" ads you see for "Google Money Maker" or "Google Money Tree" are all funded by Mormons trying to scam people out of their money. It's really REALLY strange. If you want a real conspiracy, you need to study these scams run out of Utah. So much money goes to these organizations, you have to wonder what the hell are they trying to fund?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join