It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there places in the world humans have not visited?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Now there is a thread like this on ATS, but it was made in 2004, and does not have any information really, so I made this one. Since there is a lot of new members this thread might be interesting for discussion. I head of some islands that have never been visited on this world, but this seems fake, as we have satellites and stuff. Have we even scouted out most of the ocean? Do you think there are places humans have not roamed yet on earth?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Try Canada, Australia, new Zealand, new Guinea, Brazil! need i go on?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The ocean...

Most of southern america, like the jungles and what not. Whatever we havent' ruined yet is usually a place we haven't set foot in yet.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
the pacific north west and alaska....in washington, it is not possible to trek into many or most areas....i tried and got 100 yds. into it, in three hoursthus, home for bigfoot

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The deep sea trenches, most of the ocean bed, many caverns (both those known and those yet to be discovered), the vast lakes/seas that lay under the arctic glaciers.....

I'm sure there are dense jungles and inaccessible mountain tops that have portions of which that have not been explored yet.

Oh, I almost forgot Area 51

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Lots of places in Canada.

There are also some places that have been forgotten. I have found many abandoned towns in Newfoundland, even an ancient site that hasn't been recorded.

If you ask me, the places that have be forgotten are more fun to go too. You find amazing things, my dad found a old safe full of gold coins when he was a kid lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hey this is a great question man. i'm pretty sure there are parts of antartica that haven't been trodden on by human feet and the Likouala Swamp of Africa is 80% unexplored. There are even native tales of dinosaurs living in those parts. Also we know more about our moon than we do our own ocean. Many deep parts of the ocean are completely unexplored and many species left unfound. hope that helps

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Lots of places in Canada.

There are also some places that have been forgotten. I have found many abandoned towns in Newfoundland, even an ancient site that hasn't been recorded.

If you ask me, the places that have be forgotten are more fun to go too. You find amazing things, my dad found a old safe full of gold coins when he was a kid lol.

I thought the op ment places man has not set foot in!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There's probably a lot of caves that haven't been explored yet.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
theres parts of my garden that has not been stood in by mankind! lol

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well overall I was trying to question were our government or us have not mapped or been to in this world.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Potholers discover new caves fairly regularly in Britain one of the most trampled places on earth.I should imagine there are thousands of such places all over the world
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Think on this inland Australia , if yea leave the road say 20 miles ether side there are parts that even the Aborigines have never stepped on, same for all the countries mentioned, what about Siberia vastly unexplored same for Alaska!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Antartica, comes to my mind. Boveria, Chile/Argentina mtns. Hollow earth up around the north pole. Middle Earth is pretty wild too.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by Ikema]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hollow earth..? Hasn’t that theory already been debunked numerous amount of times?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

I was reading in Focus Magazine today about the well-known lack of accurate maps of the ocean floors. It's often said that we've mapped the Moon in more detail than the sea bed....this article added Mars to that fact.

The point they made was it's the 'resolution' of our ocean maps that's fairly poor. Radar doesn't work too well at those serious depths and mapping with radar booms can take decades.

In terms of actual 'dirt under foot' places we haven't walked on or mapped...Borneo is still a contender. Only last year researchers explored an ancient volcano that was a world within the world. There's still places to explore, but they get smaller and fewer as each decade passes.

As a child, I dreamed of walking across parts of Canada where 'no man had gone before.' I guess I'll be watching new places via the net or on TV...same as everyone else...sigh...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i heard somewhere that 70% of land is still un settled and the oceans where about 90%

could be im very wrong

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Found this post topic really interesting, So far from reading the posts on this thread have some valid questions ...
1. Places that we or anyone one has not discovered here on earth
2. Places the Government has not discovered or been to here on earth/
3. It would be Awesome if when we list a place if we can be more specific, if at all possible so that we can like map it on google and research it.
Or if you have a suspicion of a certain place that would be awesome.

I have scoped the earth also looking for this at one time... and now I am glad someone has reopened my eye too it again.
One of the area's I was interested in was the deep jungles of Africa now I have tryed to get to places in Australia but google has blurred out many places so it is not easy to do this on google earth any suggestion's ?

Here is one clue or tip I recieved from a person he said go to the universitys maps and they are not airbrushed ??? Well that may be true I am not in college and I think to do research you have to have a student ID so if anyone has this and is willing to check it out awesome...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Well,I believe the OP actually means to say,Is there places on in the world,that civilized WHITE humans have not visited,RECENTLY?

Almost every place on earth has indigenous people who have traveled and explored "their" world.Curiosity is not just a WHITE persons trait.

WHITE man can not even claim that Antarctica has never been settled because they don't know what is buried under all the snow and ice.

Humans have been occupying this rock in space for thousands upon thousand of years.I would say,somebody has walked all the ground at sometime pretty much every where.

Modern civilization is very arrogant in their belief that they were there first.I wonder how many "explorers" make claims of being there first while standing on remains of ancient civilizations buried 100 feet down?

Maybe a mountain top somewhere has not been stood on but eyes have seen it from the ground.We here now are not anything special.If anything we are extremely arrogantly ignorant.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by Oneolddude]

[edit on 7-3-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Near to Manchester up in the White Peak there's only recently been a Cavern found (called Titan) that's almost twice as tall as the Eiffel Tower, and the only way of discovering this vast underground chasm was to observe the local water hydrology, and in doing so Cavers knew there was a huge cave, (and possible even bigger to be found), around the Castleton region.

Vast area's of the world are Limestone in Geographic nature, and it wouldn't be too hard to think of yet unexplored mountainous regions which could have cave-systems as large as entire Cities.

new topics

top topics

join