It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beta Omega Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
First of all, hi to everyone here; I've been looking for this kind of forum for a while and this looks like a good one to take root in.

Anyway, a friend of mine is currently being initiated into a secret society called "Beta Omega" at our university, and all he has been allowed to tell me so far is that it's some sort of entertainment society. I won't get any more specific on why this is important to us, but he wants to invite me on when I return to college in the fall, and I wanted to know if anyone had any information on this group.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Its more than likely something harmless. My college had an a service "group" that had a Greek name and initiation ceremonies, complete with wearing pledge pins and not talking about the group's rites. Additionally all of our academic honors societies had Greek names as well. Unless you have a reason to believe that it's something more, expect it to be just another fraternity type organization. If you think that it might be more, it would be helpful to know where you go to school and what you and your friend study.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Probably a joke, there is secret jedi societies at our university

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i'm going to agree with everyone else, it's probably just another college group, sounds like a social fraternity, you might want to check online to see if they have other chapters.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
you might want to check online to see if they have other chapters.

Be careful if you do this, almost every fraternal organization has a "Beta Omega" chapter so you'll get thousands of hits. I was unable to find an organization called Beta Omega though. If its an "entertainment" society, it may be specific to his university.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Name of the school might help.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's at the University of Southern California; I'm a Cinema-Television major and my friend's a Theater major, which is why both of us are to be involved with it. For those of you that don't know, USC has the largest and most respected film school in the world. I'm sure this group is harmless, but in any case I'd be interested in any further information you can gather up. Most of the Google hits I brought up were, of course, merely "Beta Omega chapters" of other fraternities.

top topics

join