It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unidentified flash in space march 7 2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
We have a new one today. Seems like some stars been flashing in the sky and doing some intelligent moving. or maybe two space nations fighting each other over territory and the lights are ships being blown. or maybe a false alarm. i dont kno.

youll take a luk

www.youtube.com...

watcha think??

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blaws572

That's mighty stange!!! Let's see what PHAGE makes of this?

Calling PHAGE.........

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by witchfinder

Or we could use some critical thinking and figure out what this is/could be on our own...

OP, do you have an idea of the general direction you were pointed at?

It looks like it could be as simple as a twinkling star farther off then the other ones (could explain why it doesn't move at the same rate as the others?)

I'm not sure, I'll do some looking for similar things.

Also OP, good job showing us exactly what to look at. Sometimes these videos you just don't know..I would not have spotted it without your pointers.

[edit on 3/7/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

[edit on 3/7/2010 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
yep, looks like a battle or display of space tech...pretty good detective work to get video, man

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Not a lot to go on since there are so many cuts but why do you say the flashes are in space?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That was my next question Phage, so I second it.

Looks closer to a light on a tower judging by the intervals.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't know if the OP is the same person who posted the video on youtube. But from the youtube comments, here is some more information.

In response to "where was it in the sky" and could it be seen with out the camera.

Hey it was about 85 degrees in the sky, pretty high up, facing South West from my location.

Hey ! I couldn't see it myself only with the Night Vision, was likely too faint to see with the eye.

This is how the FLASH looked the last time I saw it on Clifton Hill when it was too high for the Spotlights to hit it, but it wasn't nearly this high

In response to where the video was taken from.

From Niagara Falls, I use the pointer to see if the craft reacts as it did in the past, it would either flash brighter or move away.

He had other comments...but no useful information that I can see.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is not the OP's own video, I guess he spotted on YT..

Here is shivercanda's YT info on it:

Test of my Digital Night Vision recorded to computer captured a reoccurring FLASH in the sky. This is obviously not astronomical as it did not move with the stars, it stayed in generally the same area of the sky, popping about. This might be the Niagara Falls UFO but WAY up in the atmosphere as it flashes just like it. The Ruby Tuesday Spotlights have been off for about 2 weeks now,which seems to attract this object to a lower level.

Well, whatever it is, he signalled it LOL! He might be paid a visit soon ;-)

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by witchfinder

What lol? You kidding? You need Phage to make for you your own judgement? Is he some god that so many people depend on him or what? I really find it hilarious and sad. Instead of depending on the authorities (government, etc.), you depend on other people to tell you what to think. Yes, you have really advanced... Wake up, rub your eyes and start over by thinking for yourself. You are the god inside you, the one who is part of the Oneness around us, not Phage. Free your mind! Jeez!

[edit on 7/3/10 by Cybernet]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
High Alt weather balloon/research with a Strobe light or some sort of Beacon (possibly Morse Code) to warn aircraft while its ascending/descending into the flight paths. The Higher Elevation is due to the fact the Balloons would be released on the Western side of Canada/US before reaching their Max (60,000 to 120,000ft depending on factors and studies) over the Central continent.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I would guess that they are photo beacons to give commands and updates to spies around the world.

Or, a beacon to give a position of a satellite.

Or, a reflection off of a satellite as it is rotating making it seem like it is blinking.

Or, a bird of prey such as an owl, gazing down with light reflecting off of its retinas.

Or a distant natural space occurrence caused by natural interactions of matter.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Is it me or does a laser look really cool in night vision?

The YT poster did state new camera right? My guess is pixels going stuck or surges in the circuitry. It would be interesting to see later videos from the same camera.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Am I wrong, or did the person who shot this video make a connection between the lights at Ruby Tuesdays and the behavior of the object? That's odd. This was shot through some sort of night vision scope and not a telescope, so it's difficult even to guess how wide the visual field is, etc. Could be anything. Ruby Tuesdays may be our best clue.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here ya go

I am watching this dudes other videos.. not sure what to think yet..

info from this one:

December 27th 1009 Sighting of the UFO. THis time there were TWO flashing lights, and seemed to be a MASSIVE Triangle or Disc vertical in the sky. It's been over 3 months and it keeps appearing whatever it is!...and according to MUFON, since early June 2009!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
We witnessed a strange phenominan from The Gulf of Thailand one day after the full moon. A band of what appeared to be a luminescent rift stretched across the entire night sky, a few degrees from the almost full moon. It literally disappeared at each horizon, was a few degees wide, and one one side it appeared to bock all the stars. It looked like it was in deep space, and not a simple athmospheric illusion, and lasted for 20 mins.
I have posted on a few forums to no avail. One friend here witnessed it too. Amazingly, here in a large tourist resort where many people area awake star gazing and partying all night, I have not been able to find any reference to what we saw.
All I know is it was very ominous and fascinating. We both agreed on this.
I bring this to this topis as one person has suggested it may have been the result of an exploding star or something known as a gravity wave, or the flash seen from earth of a collapsing star.
It also seemed to be of a huge scale, so I was sure people in the whole region would see something.
Anyone think we may be seeing all sorts of new misunderstood phenominan as we approach 2012?
Anyone have any idea what it may have been?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The flashes appear to me to be two beams of light intersecting. I dont see anything UFO like or triangular as described. The other line he keeps referring to looks to be a stationary spotlight.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

Woahh,easy tiger!! No need to get so upset mate.ATS member PHAGE seems to have a hell of a lot more knowledge about space than I do,and is well respected here for opinions and insights into these things.

What thoughts do you have on the subject matter? You didn't give any in your original post,so I am assuming you have some to share with us if you have calmed down.

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has ever read Greg Bear's Anvil of the Stars, but a scenario like this occurred where astronomers started noting bright flashes coming from the asteroid belt. Ended up being good aliens fighting off bad aliens trying to get to earth. The good aliens lost....

Anyway more then likely the furthest thing from the truth of what is actually happening, but if the description of it popping about is accurate, then who knows, science fiction has a habit of predicting the future.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Bird, flares, and or Chinese balloon.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ruby Tuesdays again. How's this for a theory: Ruby Tuesdays is trying to draw attention to itself. Perhaps it's a Grand Opening or something. Naturally they rent searchlights... and perhaps tether a balloon with a strobe light over their location. It looks like the person who made the video invested a lot in UFO hunting gear and is determined to get their money's worth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join