It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird visitation in a dream from recently deceased family friend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
About three years ago my best friends father passed away rather suddenly. I have been a family friend for may years and they are virtually like a secondf amily to me. Anyway i was asked to stay over that nite just so i was a familiar face and to help in any way i could.

That nite we went to bed and after about half an hour we could both clearly hear movement on the landing, we called out to see if it was my friends mother or uncle a few times and no reply came back. Nothing else was heard and we soon forgot about the sounds.

The following morning however my friend seem puzzled when i asked him where the letter was, he asked me what i was goin on about. It was at this point i explained that i had read a letter that was left on his bedside table i told him what it said how it was written and even the type of paper it was on.

The letter was from his father but of course it wasnt there i had dreamt the whole thing, i wont go into what the letter said other tha the fact he wanted his son to know he was at peace and was ok.

Now i know that thismay seen fair fetched and because it was a dream there is no wasy of proving this happened but is it possible it was my friends father using me to say goodbye for a final time as i was the only one who was sleeping correctly i don't know but would love to hear if anybody else has experienced anything like this?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hey there lemywinxs,

I've never personally experienced anything like this, but others have. I read a wonderful book lately called "Ghost Hunters" and it described a phenomenon called "Crisis Apparations." Basically, this is when a deceased loved one visits to tell of his/her death, or to reconcile unfinished business after passing (perhaps assuring that they are okay, etc).

I started a thread on this a while back, in which I wanted to contact as many people as possible who have witnessed "Crisis Apparations." If you do a search for the thread here, I believe I posted the author of the book's name and the full title (I can't remember it right now). I think you would find it an interesting read.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hi Lemy,

first off, i'd like to say i feel sorry your friend losing his father wich in the same time also heavily impacted you.
May his soul be at peace

second of all, it seems you tried to make a thread pretty fast wich shows in the many (unnecessary) spelling errors, try to take a little more caution next time you post. (not a personal attack, just a friendly advice:up

third of all, i can't say i have experienced something similiar with deceassed loved ones, but i know the line between dreams and reality can be very thin.

I think it's something you (and maybe your friend) considered real, heck maybe it was real, i just don't know. but if both you and your friend find comfort in what has taken place, i'd say let it be

I hope both you and your friend can give this a place, i know it's going to take a lot of time, especially for your friend.
so i wanna wish the two of you all the best during the healing proces.

take care

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thank you smyleegrl i will definitlety check out your thread on that it seems a interesting read.

thank you kn0wh0w was my first thread an will take care in the future

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Back in the 1980's my mother and her current husband were separated and living apart. My mother, my 6 year old daughter and myself were living together at the time. My stepfather was very close to my daughter and they loved each other very much. One day my stepfather died of a massive heart attack. It was very sudden and very unexpected. The night before he was laid to rest, I remember I was laying in bed asleep and I was woken up when my dog started barking like he was going crazy. He eventually stopped and I went back to sleep. Well, that was the end of the story as far as I was concerned. Then a few months later, me and my mom were talking and she told me what she had experienced that same night. She said that she was sleeping but suddenly woke up to find my stepfather standing beside her bed. My daughter was sleeping with her that night. She said that he leaned over and touched her wedding ring and said something that she couldn't remember. Then he leaned over and kissed my daughter on her forehead. She said that during all of this, she was aware of what was happening but it was like a dream. That's my story. I don't know if it really happened or if it was a dream, but I personally think that he came back to say good-bye.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lemywinxs

Has your friend been exhibiting his fathers traits more recently? Kinda like when someone says, "you are more and more like him every time I see you"...or even that you have noticed?

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lemywinxs

My little sister got killed in 2003. She visits me all the time in my dreams.

I'll never forget the first dream she came to me in. I live by the beach and in my dream, Me, My sister and My Dad had just gotten done surfing and we had stopped into a sandwich shop for a bite like we always used to after surfing. I remember she was sitting across from me and I was stoked because we were hanging out, although she wasn't saying anything, but just smiling and looking at me.

Then all of the sudden in the dream I realized that she was dead, but she hadn't left or anything, I just knew. She was still looking at me while my dad was looking up at what he wanted to eat. I remember that I instantly started to tear up realizing that she wasn't "really" there. She looked at me sadly as if to say "don't be upset", and "don't let dad know what is really going on", kinda like "keep it a secret, don't upset him" and then she looked at me and spoke...."If you could only see" and that was it. I woke up sobbing, back to reality, to the fact that my only sibling and little sister was gone and not coming back.

Since then, she has come to me multiple times in my dreams. The last dream I had, I was in a house in the forest somewhere and looking up at the stars when one started getting brighter and brighter and closer. I ran into the house because it started getting bigger and bigger and I though it was something that was going to hit, but as it got closer I realized that it wasn't one star, but three moving closer and closer, till I could make out that it wasn't stars at all, but beings floating down out of the sky. They were so bright you could barely look at them. Anyway they finally floated down into the yard and one of them was my sister, although she had, get this, Gold Skin that was radiant and the other two were like her guides or something. I remember I went to try and hug her and she wouldn't let me. She said she had not Gone to the father yet and she was not clean to touch, but she assured me that she was with me always. Woke up again, balling...god I miss that little girl...my best friend...I love you and miss you dearly, but I do know you are with me...I KNOW, so I can smile as I write this now.

Sorry for your friends loss and yours. His dad is better then in a good place, he dwells in the living...his offspring.

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
lemywinxs,

This is in no way "weird". It is a blessing. I had a close girlfriend I hadn't seen in nearly 20 years.
There were still some things that i would have liked to gotten right with her.

I had a dream with her in it and we talked. I had been trying to find exactly where she was in real life but just couldnt do it.

Bloody cell phones killed the phone books!

I got up, googled her name and found her. She had passed just a month or so before.

It made it better, but it still sucked.

You were blessed to give this info to his son.

[edit on 7/3/10 by felonius]

top topics

join