It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Viewing in the UK, this week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
As im sure many of you are aware the conditions in the UK at the moment are fantastic for night-sky viewing (albeit slightly on the chilly side if being outdoors.) But with clear wall-wall skies and a Easterly wind giving perfect conditions for the next few nights I wouldn't be too surprised to hear of some UFO reports.

I urge anyone in the UK to make the best of the clear skies they have this week, as once late Spring/Summer comes the everlasting Sunlight, air quality and airmass will deplete some good viewing chances.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Should be some good views of the ISS early evening

Check out www.heavens-above.com... for details

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'll be looking! The sky was crisp last night although I didnt see anything unusual.
Someone posted a thread last night, he had taken some photo's of those crazy orange orbs people keep seeing,this was in the uk somewhere.

Chinese lanterns, my ass - have you seen one?!

Happy sky watching

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
As im sure many of you are aware the conditions in the UK at the moment are fantastic for night-sky viewing (albeit slightly on the chilly side if being outdoors.) But with clear wall-wall skies and a Easterly wind giving perfect conditions for the next few nights I wouldn't be too surprised to hear of some UFO reports.

I urge anyone in the UK to make the best of the clear skies they have this week, as once late Spring/Summer comes the everlasting Sunlight, air quality and airmass will deplete some good viewing chances.

Hi man, i lived in London an Brighton for 36 years iv seen ufos 7 different times some over London! i now live in the remote West of Ireland been here since 2005, and the night sky is spectacular! iv seen 2 what i can only describe as stars they were so far away! but then they started down wards like V an when they got close to each other one stopped an the other kept going down till it stopped right above the Horizon directly below the other one making in my mind's eye the letter "Y" maybe asking all who notice WHY? a fews week's back i saw 3 flashes! maybe they they were saying good night, well it was late!

[edit on 7-3-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i love going up to the white horse on a clear night the stars are amazing and with it been so far out there is no light polution from citys or near by towns good spot for lying on the car bonnet and gazing

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
sorry for those who dont no the white horse is in( north yorkshire uk) big land mark on the side ov a hill made from chalk yrs ago obviosly it looks like a white horse haha

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
theirs been a few ufo's over the last few nights here (blackpool area) , but , they looked mostly like chinese lanterns :/ (loads of them about at the moment)

the other night their was a cool coincidence, i was watching a lantern floating past (it actualy seemed to have stopped) and a very bright meteoroid appeared from nowwhere and headed todards the lantern as it burst and disapeared (was one of the most impressive, but not biggest ive seen yet), the lantern then started to get smalled and disapear, i guessed it started moving away from me or burned out.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The op was not wrong about viewing conditions this evening, its super clear and dark

im going to have a gander at iss in a few mins, i was just out walking and i saw what i THOUGHT was a satelitte do a u-turn!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skillz1

^^

www.bbc.co.uk...

I saw ISS last night moving from South to roughly NNE-At about 18:25 CET-It was extremely bright,as bright as Venus,and it actually looked as if it wasn't moving for a while-then it hurtled past.The crap weather here in N.Germany is made up for by clear nights,although it's snowing(again)right now.

join