It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jedi - should it become a real religion?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The reglion of jedi i think would be good because it teaches peace and harmony between people

spwan

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I would do it just for the light saber.

It would be worth it. Yoda wouldnt make such a bad boss right?

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If you got enough people that want to practice it...sure. I could just see it now, 30,000 people all bowing down to a huge statue of George Lucas.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Already covered here.

Unforunately I can't do the "Thread Closed", I've always wanted to do that.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Definitely, the Jedi way must become a new religion, freeing ourselves from thousands of years of distortions and swindles. Since most any structured relationship of human beings including religion opens itself to all, it also opens itself to anti social personalities. Since their hallmark is bullying, and their focus is property and money, anti social personalities eventually dominate social personalities who just want to "get along." No current religious belief system is entirely free, other than say religion operating as the most humble and simple prayer. The transaction between individuals and their creator or their "force," is the only one that matters.

One of its key criteria is to tell the truth and open the wisdom. Because it is as simple watching all Star Wars movies, and reading all Star wars books, you could consider it a religion if you meet at least once a week. Maybe for starters you could start a Star Wars Jedi study group anywhere.

May the Force Be with You!

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If the teachings of the jedi becomes a religion, I will start a faction of Sith Followers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
wow....flashback from just YESTERDAY......

We talked about THIS yesterday........I know cuz I was here, and I was even going to do my hair up all cinnamon bun like! sheeesh.....

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spwan
The reglion of jedi i think would be good because it teaches peace and harmony between people

spwan

Yea, we need a religon that teaches peace and harmony between people, 'cause there aren't any of those. Buddism, Christianity, Xen, Taoism all actively promote violence.

Maybe you should start by electing a member of the Jedi Party in your next election....and if there isn't one run yourself

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The Jedi were actually based upon existing religions all the way down to the robes.

Lucas used a cross of Wicca, Zenist and Gaiaism to create the Jedi. All three of the religions he used are alive and quite well in the world today and can be joined by anyone.

The friction between the Jedi and the Sith is actually resembles the friction between Wiccans and Satanists quite a bit actually, even down to the way that the Jedi made the Sith almost extinct.

~Astral

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You'd be the biggest nerd in the world to join though... Even nerdier than the people who follow the Star Wars conventions everywhere, nerdier than the chess club, you get the idea.

top topics

join