It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irrefutable evidence showing climate change.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Earth is NOT warming! It is cooling. Man has zip to do with it. Its the Sun. Buy warm clothes, stock up on non-perishable food, its gonna get REALLY cold in the next few years.

BTW... somebody lock up Al Gore before he screws up something else.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

It seems the only solutions you have put forth, are along the lines of "preparing action plans to relocate populations and to prepare alternative water sources." I would say that this is already happening, but it could definitely be improved.

Spoken like a true bureaucrat straining to keep her job, despite the fact that it is neither expedient nor economically justified.

What we are fostering here is nothing more than "chicken little" panic-mongering. As you've pointed out, any resulting changes from ice-melt will be gradual, and dealt with "accordingly."

China and India have thumbed thier noses at the US, UK and IPCC, but recognize the danger that "black soot" poses to their inland glacier systems. They are working independently of the AGW fear-mongers and leeches to eliminate excess carbon from their rapidly-growing economies. On their OWN terms!

Even assuming a 3 to 5 mm increase in sea levels worldwide, no short-term major expense is necessary to "act accordingly." As for water supplies, they will INCREASE before they decrease as melt increases river flows and aquifer levels.

Longer term, planners will be able to cope, as they have for about a millennium. Itinerant people move to an from coasts and islands --always have, always will. And, sometimes, REGARDLESS of sea levels.

Apparently, it takes people like you to see the logic of practical allocation of resources for real, current, problems.

aa doesn't have any real solutions to offer for this "de minimis" problem, except to worry, talk and plan.
(didn't think so: 'never ask a witness a question you don't already know the answer to')

Nothing to see here; move along.

jw

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSdelurker

s4u and c&c

post by atlasastro

So I think acting accordingly in this case would engage populations and discuss with people what is actually happening so they can form opinions on whether or not those representing them are actually up to speed on the reality of the situation.
[...]
The acknowledgement of a problem and acting accordingly to it so as to minimize harm to life, and all our systems that we have in place.

I can't get the whole quote.
If acknowledging climate change, discussing it, and vaguely saying that we should have "all our systems ... in place" are considered specifics of "act accordingly", I'm going to wonder if you yourself are a government worker.

1st, let me translate aa-speak:

engage populations and discuss with people what is actually happening

"Convince everyone AGW is real and dangerous"

so they can form opinions

"So they believe what we tell them"

whether or not those representing them are actually up to speed

"So they can pressure political and industry leaders to follow our agenda"

on the reality of the situation

"We need to redistribute wealth NOW to support the AGW agenda and keep funding their supporters, advocates, studies and programs"

And yes, that is spoken like a true bureaucrat. Nothing concrete; just a plea for acceptance of the premise and nothing of substance. To speak the truth would break "the spell."

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I'd stayed away from here, but when I saw there'd been so many replies, I just had to take a look.

jw

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
China and India have thumbed thier noses at the US...

If China and India are thumbing their noses at the USA, then the USA started it by mooning everyone else.

The US govt. has an atrocious record on combating global warming. Bush's administration will probably ultimately kill more people than Stalin and Hitler combined.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

LOL! Love the translation and spot on. But of course, the reply you'd get will be "did *I* say that? No I didn't, you just assumed." etc.

Suffice to say, I think I had a WTF look on my face while reading the post you translated while thumping my fist at my forehead.

But I do like to at least say my piece, so that people who might not know the whole story won't only get an extremist one-sided view and think that these people must be right because no one is arguing against the topic.

Regarding carbon footprint and what not, IMHO, it's nothing more than a new set of business. The governments certainly don't take it that seriously. If it's that big of a deal, we would not be able to buy carbon credits from places that already offset CO2 - carbon tax or not.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I agree that climate change is occurring, however, I am very sure that it is not caused by human hands. As we all are aware, the earth and other planets in our solar system have undergone changes throughout their life spans. Our planet Earth is no different than any of the other planets. Climate change may result in a massive transformation of our home world, but who are we to say that this "change" is not for the best? The very act of us trying to prevent it could result in conditions far worse than what the expected climate change would result in. For example, it is well known that a major change to the conditions of the Earth brought about the demise of dinosaurs. Had that change not occurred, would we be the dominant species at this present time?
The change that we may be facing may well be the natural order of things, conditions which will take control of our planet which is over populated with humans. In nature, most things become extinct at one time or another. Those which survive are the ones that are able to adapt to its surroundings. Are we not able to out-perform the common roach? If not, then we have no place among the scheme of nature.
That being said,,, I don't want to see a single life lost to climate change, especially not mine nor my descendants. But maybe, just maybe the change is what is the best thing for this planet, not just for the human race, but for the planet as a whole?
Sure like to hear some input on that thought.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join