It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing things when I close my eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I have been encountering the weirdest thing for about eight months now. It started out strong, then faded for about four months. Now it's back with a blast.

I close my eyes and see things that look like reflections on walls, windows, posters, and other wall accesories. There is always an obvious light in the corner of my left eye, that looks like a partially covered window. Sometimes opaque silhouettes race past it.

It is always in my periphreal view, and I cannot stare directly at these things or they lose lucidity. At first I thought it was eye burns in the shape of objects in my room, but I realized the objects were different and out of place. Also, this event is more lucid when I'm between wake and sleep.

I discovered recently that it isn't only when I close my eyes. It is when my eyes are deprived of light as well. I tried experimenting by completely blocking light from my eyes for half an hour and turned my head around a bit. It looks like I am in a different place. When I keep my eyes still I start to see something like a cluttered room.

A few nights ago I saw what looked exactly like an old desk with huge piles of paper on it. The sight awoke me. The most related phenomenae I found after a little research was remote viewing.

Oh yeah, and I see eyes and parts of faces flashing by sometimes too. Darn, forgot something else. On one occasion only I stared directly through my bedroom wall and saw a vivid image of the television in the other room. I saw the picture frames in their exact places on top of it. Most of the time I see places that I am not familiar with, though. Perhaps they are places I will visit in the near future? Who knows....

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Psycontagious

I think you might want to tell this to your doctor. It doesn't sound like a conspiracy of any sort but you might have something wrong with your eyes. I'm not saying a brain tumor or anything like that you just might need some medication or something for your eyes. Seriously just ask your doctor.

Or you could be lieng and trying to pull our chaines. Either way, see a doctor.

[edit on 3/7/10 by Misoir]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, I wasn't implying that this was due to any sort of conspiracy, rather psychically or spiritually related. Or, rather, I'd like to think.

I have myopia, which means I can't see far off that well. I do wear perscription glasses for that. I don't suppose it would hurt anything to see a doctor, but they would probably forward me to a psychiatrist. I don't really experience any mental problems, so I don't suppose that there's anything really wrong.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hey psych, I see things on my eyelids so to say... my eyes are close tho and its usually right before I fall asleep...They are vivd images of people or places that i must have in my sub con some where... sometimes ill here what I only can describe as a radio being tuned in...Its almost like ill hear bits and piecese of things but nothing ever real substantial...If i see/hear anything il try to wake andlwrite it down and google it in the morning or after noon or when ever it is I get out of bed...Havent found the meaning of life this way or anything but if i ever do ll be sure to post...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Those interested in this sort of thing might want to look into entoptic phenomena.

On a slightly unrelated note, a few years ago I started seeing a tiny, spinning globe-like shape EVERYWHERE, whether my eyes were open or closed. It started driving me nuts. The doctor took a look in my eyes and found that a tiny grain of sand or particle had become imedded in the surface of my eye. They removed it, and the problem went away. I guess this was two or three years ago...sometimes I still see a faint shadow of it sometimes.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thanks!

I have what looks exactly like that when my eyes are open. Clear little thingies that float around and 'swim' across my eyes. They even have the light on the left side of the eye. I don't really see the tree thing, but the evidence is irrefutable. My mind could be playing tricks on me that I see those objects, but you never know....

What really gripped me was those clear things. I've seen those for half my life. Floaters? Does everyone get them?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
You certainly don't seem to be alone in what you're experiencing. Here's a recent thread where people report similar cases of seeing things with their eyes closed.

Able to see with my eyes closed

I've experienced flashes of images when my eyes have been closed myself, especially when I've been tired.
I think the story that I read in the news recently about work that is being done to produce a machine that can help the blind see again by using stimulus on their tongue really gets you thinking about the fact that we don't actually 'see' with our eyes , but our brain. Maybe sometimes the brain misinterprets things thus producing images that we can't explain? Getting to the bottom of this would involve maybe trying to rule out any physical cause for what your experiencing after that, who knows?

Electric lollipop that allows blind people to 'see' using their tongue Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Seeing floaters is also very common. I have one persistent floater in the shape of a curved V , looks like a bird when I look at a light background. I've had that for as long as I can remember, and when I look at the sky I can see swirling shapes which I've always assumed to be particles swirling around on the surface tension of the fluid in my eye, the info in silent thunders link was very interesting

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psycontagious
reply to post by silent thunder

Thanks!

I have what looks exactly like that when my eyes are open. Clear little thingies that float around and 'swim' across my eyes. They even have the light on the left side of the eye.

What really gripped me was those clear things. I've seen those for half my life. Floaters? Does everyone get them?

I have these floaters too. From what I understand they are slight imperfections on the lense of your eye. They are fairly common. You can move your eyes very slowly and carefully to slow them down to get a good look at them, especially if you look at the bright sky (not the sun though).

I also get shimmers occasionally, these are caused by restricted blood flow through the optic nerve. They look like the mirage effect you see off the pavement on a hot day. They are associated with migraines. I didn't know what to think when it first happened. At there worst, they can limit your eyesight causing a slight blind spot in the area where they originate. They are also associated with stress. Usually a little shut eye or relaxation techniques will make them go away.

chirp

[edit on 7-3-2010 by sparrowstail]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Psycontagious

I too once experienced being able to see the room I was in one night with my eyes closed. I knew I wasn't dreaming and I was able to look around the room and see everything just as it was. It only happened the once but was quite profound.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Often when I'm laying in bed at night with my eyes closed I see faces. One at a time, one after the other, constantly changing every few seconds. They are very detailed and they are still, but they are always looking right at me. Their expressions vary from sad to happy to angry and everything else in between. I started to worry about my mental health because of it and googled it to see what I could find. It turns out that quite a few people experience the same thing.

I discovered that neurological problems can cause this, sometimes people will also experience it prior to a seizure if they are prone to such events.

I'll also add that I do have a neurological condition myself but I'm not convinced that it's related. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis 6 or 7 years ago, with symptoms going back at least 10 years on and off and I never experienced anything like this up until the middle of last year. Since my diagnosis my MS has no physically progressed, I have no new lesions and any lesions which I had when I was diagnosed have remained exactly the same size up until now. I'm also otherwise in good health and most people who know me have no idea that there's anything wrong with me at all.

So why now? Where has it come from and I'm really blown away by how detailed and different all of the faces are. It's hard to believe that my mind could be so creative.

Anyway, I'm used to it now and I no longer let it worry me.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by RMFX1]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I too have experienced seeing my room while my eyes are closed, and have also came othe realization that it couldnot be a rememberance in my eyes because things were moved around in the room. I've always been one of those people who see the spiders when im in the imbetween state of asleep and awake, but within the past few months what i see in the dark is even bigger and more vivid, the only thing i can compare it to, would be the idea of creatures from the bottom of the ocean, i know its strange, i see these when my eyes are open in the dark and it doesnt have to be pitch black in the room anymore, the things appear to be made with little lights.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I'm starting to see a lot of faces. They flash up real quick and are gone. Some fade in and out. Nobody is recognizable as someone I've met. I also get the shadow moving around. Bright purple hazes sometimes hover above me like energy waves connecting to form something. Recently, I swear my eyes fall asleep and the world becomes dotted (is the best way I can describe it). Everything in the room is dotted.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

i think i know what you mean by everything was dotted, did the dots seem to be little tinysources of light?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Seeing strange patterns when your eyes are closed is quite common. Mostly when we're falling asleep. They're called hypnogogic images. I can see them when ever I shut my eyes, especially if I press my eyeballs a little with my hands. (then they go nutso) Some say it's your inner eye waking up.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Psycontagious,

The same thing happens to me. I just did a search on google and this thread comes up. I have reoccurent sleep paralysis for about 18 years now since i was a kid. But with those dreams it is like i am already asleep and I wake up into it or I am just weening myself to sleep and i have to fight out of it. But with this I close my eyes and it is another room. I open my eyes and it is my room, when i close my eyes again it is another room. Completey different. This happened about 4 times in the past 8 months. Last time it happened was a couple of nights ago. The room is dark always. I see a couple of white chairs. I forgot what I saw in the other ones but I do recall seeing a round white window. Is there anything else that is going on with you. I would like to hear about it.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Same thing happens to me... closed eye hallucinations/lucid dreams. I will say that this isn't really RV because RV applies specific protocols, and this is more like random images. You are definitely not alone with this issue. I have talked to psychiatrists... and they say oh your bi-polar and they try to associate that with delusional thinking but I tend to disagree with that assessment. Also, I don't think that lucid dreams, etc have anything to do with floaters you see in the daylight. Floaters in the eye are supposed to be related to fluid in the eye itself. It is difficult to tell if lucid dream actually come from the eye, or from the optic nerves, or the back of the brain which is responsible for decode electrical impulses into images.

new topics

top topics

join