It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escamilla’s Fans Just Got Conned! Deny Ignorance!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by Exuberant1

But nobody has ever seen a rod with their naked eye have they?

That doesn't matter. (Also, I was being somewhat facetious - somewhat)

Even if someone saw a rod-like UAV with their naked eye, I'm sure they got trashed if they dared share their experience on the internet forums. They'd probably not do that twice.

Just imagine the garbage and tripe that would inevitably appear in a thread after any OP wherein it was stated that a micro-UAV which was reminiscent of a 'rod' was witnessed with the naked eye. I certainly wouldn't want to wade through that thread.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
If the government ever starts to use micro-UAVs to spy on domestic terrorists and dissident scum, all they will have to do to avoid serious scrutiny is to attach a couple of twirly streamers to the thing.

Then whenever someone records one and posts it on ATS, we can all laugh at him and call him names. That sucker will have no credibility after they post one of those babies.

(Also, I was being somewhat facetious - somewhat)

Yes I figured you were being somewhat facetious!

So here's a current generation surveillance drone:

isiria.wordpress.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae58b6b33abf.jpg[/atsimg]

Yes a lot of UFO reports aren't taken seriously by a lot of people so if they just make that look a little bit more like a flying saucer, that might help. Next generation, put the transmitter/antenna package in the top center so it looks more like a "UFO/flying saucer"

Even if someone saw a rod-like UAV with their naked eye, I'm sure they got trashed if they dared share their experience on the internet forums.

And the next generation after that, design them to look like rods. Unfortunately the CIA and NSA will probably never give you full credit for coming up with design ideas for their next spy drone designs!

They seemed to like having people getting sightings of the U2 spy craft identified as UFOs as a way to draw attention to them as a distraction of what they really were so I think you have a valid point.

Nobody would dare say they saw a rod and even a photo of it would be dismissed at this point, thanks partly to Jose Escamilla.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It just shows that being over eager to believe (too exuberant, one might say..), having an agenda (eg sales of dvd's and pay-per-views), and being unburdened by any scientific rigour.. all leads to the hole Escamilla is now in.

In regard to the 'rods', anyone who goes about it the right way, and *genuinely* has a sighting of something they believe is unexplainable, should be encouraged to post. But isn't it best that if it *can* be explained, as is the case with the 'rods' images, then that is done?

Escamilla posted a pile of videos/stills, with insufficent supporting information about exposure speeds, or type of camera. Since then many, many identical effects were shown, by people filming moths, birds, etc, along with full explanations of why it happens, taking into account shutter speeds, the way the frames are captured, distance from the camera, etc.

Escamilla comes back saying he will prove that his images are not the same, and gives an error-laden demonstration using an *arrow*???, in which he completely screws up on the difference between angular velocity and linear velocity. (And that is simply a HIDEOUSLY basic error.) He then says he will come back with video proof showing the rods using the high speed shutter techniques that will prove his 'point', but guess what? It *never* happened.

Hmm.... what to infer from all that? Like I said, I was born yesterday, and I believe!!!

[edit on 10-4-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

And the next generation after that, design them to look like rods. Unfortunately the CIA and NSA will probably never give you full credit for coming up with design ideas for their next spy drone designs!

They seemed to like having people getting sightings of the U2 spy craft identified as UFOs as a way to draw attention to them as a distraction of what they really were so I think you have a valid point.

Nobody would dare say they saw a rod and even a photo of it would be dismissed at this point, thanks partly to Jose Escamilla.

Thanks also to who else?

Partly Escamilla, yes - but who else is contributing to the potential dismissal of these valuable accounts and creating an atmosphere which is conducive to ridicule and discouraging to eyewitnesses?

Unfortunately the CIA and NSA will probably never give you full credit for coming up with design ideas for their next spy drone designs!

That's okay. I just hope my idea plays a role in helping us defeat the Asiatic communist menace that is arising in the east....

=

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Admittedly, I am not very smart. Nor very trusting.
I am NOT defending Mr. Escamilla (sp?) But try as I might, I am unable to align
your OP images.

When I try to use big crater as reference: (Small crater not aligned)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1eb954ce99d2.jpg[/atsimg]

When I to use small crater as reference: (Big crater not aligned)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcf2c6442631.jpg[/atsimg]
Just using PS with 2nd image @ 50% opacity. Sizing within ballpark. Granted one is a video and the other a still, but even considering perspective/distortion differences, I expected closer match.

Thanks.

I see your objection, bur have you stopped to consider Mr Escamilla perhaps re sizing the image along with adding and enhancing the colour? No?

Ok I have uploaded a Google Earth/Moon movie to Google Earth forums. You need google earth to run and view it. Within the thread I have also provide a link to the movie poster. If you can not see the three major reference craters on Google Earth compared to the movie post then I guess there is no hope in this discussion going any further.

bbs.keyhole.com...

Click on attachments and it will download file that runs in google earth. NOTE IT MUST BE IN MOON MODE!

The next link is for an image of the full poster used my Mr Escamilla for Moon Rising. Zoom back on google earth and start comparing features. This is as clear as a fingerprint. Unique crater formations.

moonrising-themovie.com...

Thanks GreyMoon

Link to my hub which explains in more detail.

greymoon.hubpages.com...

[edit on 8-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

[edit on 8-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

edit on 14-8-2011 by GreyMoon because: Link to poster not working

edit on 14-8-2011 by GreyMoon because: Again link to poster not working

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join