It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lung Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
For those that say the Lung Flu is a myth or conspiracy let me just say I have it. It started 2 weeks ago, most flu symptoms don't last 2 weeks, it's hard to breathe, I don't smoke, I assumed it was normal so I did a google search for 'lung flu' only to find H1N1 matches and 'black lung' matches and conspiracy nwo matches of all things. So sounds like this will either go away in 1 week or get worse and worse. I wonder if I was purposely infected, all I know is I live in a house with 4 other room mates and none of them have gotten it. I cough constantly, coughing constantly for 2 weeks is not fun.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have never heard of lung flu. I am sorry that you are sick and I hope that you feel better soon!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Are you sure its not Pneumonia or something? I had something like that thta lasted about 18 days. I was to weak to even go to the hospital to get diagnosed.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Boil you some salt water and breath it in. That should dry up any mucus build up and also kill any bacteria.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
They say boiling onions also helps kill the virus. I would try it!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I've had something similar for the last 2 weeks also. Damn GF wanting to kiss me

I've had so much phlegm in my bronchial tubes it's rediculous. Hacking and coughing. One night I swear I stopped breathing as I bolted out of bed and ran to the bathroom to yet again hack up a lung. '

It's not been fun at all!

At least my cat came in to see if I was OK.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
i just got over something like this myself. My wife got me some antibiotics and within a week I felt better. Coughing constantly due to congestion running down the back of the throat. It was horrible!

If your phlem is green than you have a sinus infection and the only way to overcome it is with a prescript.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I too have recently been experiencing an unusual cough. I can't recall another time when I exhibited such persistent coughing.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Any type of flu is a lung flu as thats where the virus burries itself.

Anti-biotics only work for bacterial infections, they have not affect at all on virual infections. IN fact there are no medications which can cure viral infections. There are anti-virals which when taken as a precautionary measure can prevent a viral infection or if taken at a very early stage of getting a viral infection can cure it.

The medications around for viral infections only help to manage/stabilise a condition.

The reason for this is bacteria attach themself to the outside of a cell, thus they are easy to get at and destroy when taking anti biotics.

virusses actually enter a cell, thus the only way to destroy a virus is to also destroy the cell which wouldnt be a healthy thing to do.

I wouldnt get too concerned about you being ill and your flatmates being ok, maybe you have a weaker immune system, maybe they have a stronger one, maybe they have had this virus when they were younger and their immune system knows how to deal with it.

Not all virusses spread the same, some need very close body contact or someone actually coughing in your face for it to spead. (in so far as influenza virusses are concerned)

Of course if symtoms persist, need to consult your doctor asap.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
ive noticed every time i get sick, the snot/mucus starts out as dark brown, then gradually fades to a dark green, then to lighter green, then almsot a yellow colro then to clear then gone.
the only way to get rid of a non bacterial infection is bedrest, water, and time.
if you truly do have a bacterial ifnection get antibiotics, but im guessing if the docotrs enar you are like the doctors near me, they are very hesitant to use them any more.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well I'm over this flu, I just work at a place where I have to share a keyboard, the humanity, so I am exposed to every flu ever created, but I am over this flu, I have to say it did last 1 month though, longer than flu like symptoms I've experienced, maybe it was swine flu, we'll never know. Hopefully I'm immune to it whatever it was and I didn't miss a single day at work! (perfect attendance bonus heheh)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about so many being sick! It would be nice to know what area of the country this is popping up in.

The first thing you need to determine is if it's a viral infection or a bacterial infection, because the cures are different for each.

top topics

join