It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says it's up to the US to improve relations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

BEIJING – China said Sunday that it is up to the United States to improve relations that soured over U.S. arms sales to Taiwan and a meeting between President Barack Obama and the Dalai Lama. Beijing was incensed by Washington's January announcement of a $6.4 billion weapons package for Taiwan, the self-governing island it considers Chinese territory. Beijing suspended military exchanges and has threatened to retaliate against U.S. aerospace firms involved in the deal.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What else would China say?

To do otherwise might appear (to them) to be losing "face" which is something that their culture would not allow... China appears to be making a demand when it fact if might actually be reaching out...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Blah, Blah, Blah

When hasn't China accused every problem we have with them as being our fault?

It's like being married to them and they are the wife.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by COOL HAND

Virtually every modern problem on Earth has been blamed on the United States at one time or another. At this point, I have to agree, its kind of like a nagging wife or girlfriend. Eventually, you just tune it out.

Let 'em whine and complain. They're going to no matter what we do.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
China can't afford to have "sour" relations with the states, they rely on the consumerism to sell their products just as much as we rely on their cheap labor and products for our consumption.

Nothing will happen, just some hot air being spoken between politicans for political platform purposes.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have to agree with all of you. China is throwing a fit to get noticed and they're upset about an defenseless elderly man who doesn't want to wish harm upon them. I'm talking about the Dali Lama.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
everybody's position on china's various foreign polices have been well established for quite a few years. the us supports the right to freedom of religion in tibet, the us supports taiwans independence.

the recent re-enforcement of these established positions were just a diplomatic signal to china regarding the new presidents strength and commitment, chinas response is a diplomatic acknowledgment and a warning that the line in the sand has now been marked.

nothing more than a couple of school yard bullies poking each other in the chest.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but I kind of like China. Let us face the fact they are a growing superpower. They are one of the few countries who will challenge us (USA) in the next 50 years.

The thing is, they at least let us know where they stand. They also have no problem talking to us about things... We (both countries) know that we depend on the other. Neither of us could have a war with the other.

I would love to see what the US, China, Europe, and Russia could get done if we stopped fighting over nothing; and worked on accomplishing something as a people instead..

I swear I sound more 1 world government everyday.

~Winter~

new topics

top topics

join