It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lima Declaration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hey Ats,

Today i heard about The Lima Declaration, i had no idea what it was until i did a bit browsing on line and youtube.

Outline of the Lima Declaration: Link

A call for change was made in March 1975 when the Second General Conference of the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO), meeting in Lima, issued a Declaration and World Plan of Action.

The Lima Declaration and Plan of Action calls for the redistribution of world industry so that developing countries would have 25% of it by the year 2000. To achieve this, radical changes in traditional concepts and practices are recommended. Economic growth in poorer countries could no longer be seen as the "trickle down" benefit of growth in rich countries. To close the gap between richa nd poor nations the developing countries would have to grow faster than the developed countries. With this end in mind, the Lima Declaration sets out the "main principles of industrialisation" and defines the "means by which the international community as a whole might take broad action to establish a New International Economic Order".

So by the year 2000 they proposed that poorer countries would be better off, meanwhile with an undermining, evil message to conform us into a New World Order of an economic nature, in 1975!

As i said, im still learning about this subject, so i raised this post to see wether any of my ATS minds can update me on this issue, i did not find Lima Declaration in the search function.

I have stumbled upon a youtube video which is quite informative on this issue:

Edit to add link.

[edit on 6/3/2010 by scubagravy]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Sad to say it, but this was a poor step for Australia, killed our manufacturing industries whilst also taking a step towards Bastardization..........

Oh, i meant Globalization.

More here: Australian Protectionists Party

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Globalization is a great idea, but always pulled off with nefarious organizations, so it ends up being negative than positive. I beleive globalization can be used as a force for good.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychadelic_Mind

Yeah like Fire!!! Can be used for good or bad, depends on who and how it is being applied.

What gets me is that under that declaration there was no contingency plan for Australians who would eventually lose jobs because of it, though they continued to raise taxes, and now 90% of our production is overseas.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
reply to post by Psychadelic_Mind

Yeah like Fire!!! Can be used for good or bad, depends on who and how it is being applied.

What gets me is that under that declaration there was no contingency plan for Australians who would eventually lose jobs because of it, though they continued to raise taxes, and now 90% of our production is overseas.

Seems like jobs are being shipped off everywhere these days.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
No feed back........ i guess its up to me to do some more study and report back and post, not that it'll matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here is an Overview: Relevant Info

Marks 40 years this year, How do you think their progress is going ?

new topics

top topics

join