It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Terrorist Attacks Were Done By Muslims… Except the 94% that Weren't

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
People like to make the claim that "all terrorists are Muslim", as if it's a fact.

The FBI's own records on terrorism tend to disagree: 94% of the terrorist attacks done on US soil since 1980 were NOT DONE BY MUSLIMS.

www.fbi.gov...

Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil by Group, From 1980 to 2005, According to FBI Database

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/275bff8cf2dd.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry if the image is too big, click files.abovetopsecret.com... to see it

From www.loonwatch.com...

CNN recently published an article entitled Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated; according to a study released by Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, “the terrorist threat posed by radicalized Muslim-Americans has been exaggerated.” Yet, Americans continue to live in mortal fear of radical Islam, a fear propagated and inflamed by right wing Islamophobes.

If one follows the cable news networks, it seems as if all terrorists are Muslims. It has even become axiomatic in some circles to chant: “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but nearly all terrorists are Muslims.” Muslims and their “leftist dhimmi allies” respond feebly, mentioning Waco as the one counter example, unwittingly affirming the belief that “nearly all terrorists are Muslims.” But perception is not reality. The data simply does not support such a hasty conclusion.

On the FBI’s official website, there exists a chronological list of all terrorist attacks committed on U.S. soil from the year 1980 all the way to 2005. That list can be accessed here (scroll down all the way to the bottom).

According to this data, there were more Jewish acts of terrorism within the United States than Islamic (7% vs 6%). These radical Jews committed acts of terrorism in the name of their religion. These were not terrorists who happened to be Jews; rather, they were extremist Jews who committed acts of terrorism based on their religious passions, just like Al-Qaeda and company.

Yet notice the disparity in media coverage between the two. It would indeed be very interesting to construct a corresponding pie chart that depicted the level of media coverage of each group. The reason that Muslim apologists and their “leftist dhimmi allies” cannot recall another non-Islamic act of terrorism other than Waco is due to the fact that the media gives menial (if any) coverage to such events. If a terrorist attack does not fit the “Islam is the perennial and existential threat of our times” narrative, it is simply not paid much attention to, which in a circuitous manner reinforces and “proves” the preconceived narrative. It is to such an extent that the average American has no image of his head of any Jewish or Latino terrorist; why should he when he has never even heard of the Jewish Defense League or the Ejercito Popular Boricua Macheteros? Surely what he does not know does not exist!

The Islamophobes claim that Islam is intrinsically a terroristy religion. The proof? Well, just about every terrorist attack is Islamic, they retort. Unfortunately for them, that’s not quite true. More like six percent. Using their defunct logic, these right wingers ought now to conclude that nearly all acts of terrorism are committed by Latinos (or Jews). Let them dare say it…they couldn’t; it would be political and social suicide to say such a thing. Most Americans would shut down such talk as bigoted; yet, similar statements continue to be said of Islam, without any repercussions.

The Islamophobes live in a fantasy world where everyone is supposedly too “politically correct” to criticize Islam and Muslims. Yet, the reality is the exact opposite: you can get away with saying anything against the crescent. Can you imagine the reaction if I said that Latinos should be profiled because after all they are the ones who commit the most terrorism in the country? (For the record: I don’t believe in such profiling, because I am–unlike the right wing nutters–a believer in American ideals.)

The moral of the story is that Americans ought to calm down when it comes to Islamic terrorism. Right wingers always live in mortal fear–or rather, they try to make you feel that way. In fact, Pamela Geller (the queen of internet Islamophobia) literally said her mission was to “scare the bejeezus outta ya.” Don’t be fooled, and don’t be a wuss. You don’t live in constant fear of radicalized Latinos (unless you’re Lou Dobbs), even though they commit seven times more acts of terrorism than Muslims in America. Why then are you wetting yourself over Islamic radicals? In the words of Cenk Uygur: you’re at a ten when you need to be at a four. Nobody is saying that Islamic terrorism is not a matter of concern, but no more so than the acts of terrorism committed by people of other faiths. So calm the bleep down, and continue living your life.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Your right, not all muslims are terrorists .......

HOWEVER, ..... all terrorists are muslim !! Snap.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
This is going to be one of "those" threads huh.Well we will see. But it is kind of ironic. Hah ignorance! Just so it is clear I meant that the ironic part was that muslims were one of the least participants in acts of terror ,but they are thought to be the most.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
edited for wrongness :

Might try all terrorist attacks are by muslims except 94% arent.

You're welcome

[edit on 6-3-2010 by ventian]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Your right, not all muslims are terrorists .......

HOWEVER, ..... all terrorists are muslim !! Snap.

Um.

Maybe you can't read. Actually, I'm sure you didn't, since you are posting 1 minute after I posted. This post is entitled All terrorists are muslims --- EXCEPT THE 94% THAT ARENT You can't even read the TITLE of the post?

You must really be daft.

AWWWW SNAAP!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Looking at the population of muslims in the world it is scarier than I thought. 6% is a huge number. I figured around .05% if that. This chart is supposed to sooth me somehow? Quick tell me what 6% of 1.66 billion is.

No!!! It's not saying that 6% of Muslims are terrorists!

It's saying that 6% of terrorism (actual terrorist acts) in US territories from 1980 was done by Muslims. The other 94% was done by other groups.

The percentage of Muslims who are terrorists is very low, like you imagined.

Wow. I didn't know reading comprehension was such a rare trait.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

(What a child would say): OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BUUUURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luckily I am a child
. And I am a muslim child. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I have fine reading comprehension but the title of the thread needs changing BADLY!!! Looked over the story and am now breathing a sigh of relief.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Looking at the population of muslims in the world it is scarier than I thought. 6% is a huge number. I figured around .05% if that. This chart is supposed to sooth me somehow? Quick tell me what 6% of 1.66 billion is.

That chart refers I believe to terrorist attacks on US soil.

So, to date only roughly 6% of all terrorist actions(outside of the TPTB obvviously) committed in our nation are from an Islamic source. And that is assuming that you buy the official line on these things 100%.

Edited because I am slow on the draw

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Shark_Feeder]

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Shark_Feeder]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I gave you a S&F because your reaction to the 1st two posters was just priceless.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Haha.. OK I took your advice and changed the title just to avoid future confusion.

Thanks for the suggestion.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

I remember back in the late 60's and early 70's that most Terrorist Acts reported by the Media at the time were attributed to " East German Terrorists " , and the " IRA " . Whatever happened to those Groups today ?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

I remember back in the late 60's and early 70's that most Terrorist Acts reported by the Media at the time were attributed to " East German Terrorists " , and the " IRA " . Whatever happened to those Groups today ?

Oh please, don't you keep up with the trends?

It's all about Al Quaida in the 21st...Germans and Irish are SO 20th century!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

haha, sorry man, like Ventian said, it must be your title.

no one reads anymore, we skim.

a thread about how not all muslims are terrorist, ..... thats plausible.

a thread about how not all terrorists are muslim, .... thats lunacy ! I suppose my primitve brain could not process it.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Oh , Please forgive me for that Faux Pas kind sir , and I don't even own an Ipod either . Dinosaur indeed ! ...........

i297.photobucket.com...

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Who cares about the 80's? It's not relevant to the dangers we face today and skews the importance of the 'now'. I'd like to see a graph that addresses terrorism over the last decade up until the current day.

I would imagine that muslim terrorists would rank considerably higher in that graph. And that's the only graph I care about. We live in a post 911 world, not a pre 911 world!

IRM

[edit on 6/3/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
well this thread cleared up in a hurry. I expected a really lengthy thread!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
wow that low figured it would be at least 95%, pretty much any incident before war, 9/11, kennedy, and so on were all done by the US Gov, CIA, FBI etc

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Take notice of the Jewish Extremists.

They have committed more terrorist attacks than Muslims.

Case Closed.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
Take notice of the Jewish Extremists.

They have committed more terrorist attacks than Muslims.

Case Closed.

Not taking a side here but these Jewish acts happen when and where. I always look at things closely. I know the MSM is run some of the worst in the jewish population and that is why we don't here about them. Can anyone post examples of jewish extremism. Again I am not saying it doesn't happen just when and where does it happen. Just curious is all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join