It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation/possible astral projection question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
***IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ THIS ENTIRE POST, I HAVE A FOLLOW-UP POST BELOW THAT JUST EXPLAINS THE REOCCURRING SYMPTOMS***

Over the summer, I started meditating a lot and started having these weird occurrences in my dreams. These have happened a few times (probably once a month) and are powerful yet difficult for me to completely comprehend. I quit meditating for a few months and they rarely occurred (maybe twice at the most), but I started meditating almost every day again for an hour or so about 3 weeks ago, and these symptoms I have in my dreams have occurred twice in that timeframe. Anyway, I describe these symptoms below"

When I fall asleep and am dreaming, every once in a while I will pull myself out of my "dream body." When this happens, I always feel the same. I feel like I "fall out" of my body. I have not seen my body or floated above it to my knowledge, but I always fall out of it and feel completely separated. This feeling of separation always follows with feeling and hearing a light and peaceful wind. This wind is calming (not overbearing). I started out this process in short spurts because I was so excited and unsure of what was happening it would go away or I would wake up. As this has continued to occur, I have been able to "go places." Once, I remember doing this and drawing myself with my mind towards the "dots" you see in darkness. This caused me to be in a room of little Asian toddlers. It was weird, but very vivid.

About 2 weeks ago this same thing happened and when I was calm and in darkness with the wind blowing, I said "take my to a past life" and I saw the moon. It was a perfect quarter and a very vivid picture of it from the ground. It was like I was looking at it from a location. I then went back to dreaming yet somehow did this again in the same dream, again saying "take me back to one of my past lives" and saw the same visual. It was crazy.

This happened to me yesterday again, but I was almost awake and could tell so it did not last long enough to get any major effects. I have searched EVERYWHERE for these symptoms and OBE's or dreaming and am coming up short. This has happened a few times and always starts out with these symptoms:

Sucked out of dream body
Blackness with a light blowing wind I can see and hear
Floating through the air, still surrounded by darkness
The feeling of a deep trance as in meditation
Sometimes being able to picture myself in a certain environment
Snap back to sleeping body (or "sucked back in")

I come back into my body in a deep meditative trance that is familiar. Then i decide to completely wake up and feel energy throughout me. Does anyone else know what these symptoms entail?

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Shorter, follow-up post explaining just the symptoms

This has happened a few times during dreaming and always starts out with these symptoms:

Sucked out of dream body
Blackness with a light blowing wind I can see and hear
Floating through the air, still surrounded by darkness
The feeling of a deep trance as in meditation
Sometimes being able to picture myself in a certain environment
Snap back to sleeping body (or "sucked back in")

I come back into my body in a deep meditative trance that is familiar. Then I decide to completely wake up and feel energy throughout me. Does anyone else know what these symptoms entail?

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Subconsciously Correct]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well you are definately leaving your body IMO. My only advice is to be careful about the return trips, as it can be traumatizing. I'll explain:
one time when I left my body, I was traveling around and everything was great, I felt fantastic, then to my dismay, my alarm clock began to ring back by my body. This caused me to be aware of myself in two different locations at the same time, stretching my soul or whatever you wish to call it about an 1/8 of a mile! This was the most horrible feeling I have ever had, being in two places at once as I was being sucked back to my body, and to this day I have only been able to leave my body once since this...I think I have injured my energy in some way.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
From what you've described it sounds like you become lucid during a dream state or shift awareness from a dream state into an awareness that allows you to astral project, hence the "sucking out of your dream body." Its possible that this sensation you describe is actually your astral body fully seperating.

You may not initially be aware that you've achieved out of body awareness hence why everything is black and you are just floating around; control of the astral body requires some conscious direction from the pilot! Being able to picture yourself in different environments means that you are either constructing these environments with your own thoughts or your thoughts are willing you to these environments that already exist.

The feeling of getting sucked back into your body is a very common symptom of re-entry associated with astral projection; everyone who has AP'ed will have felt this at one time or another.

I'm not a vastly experienced AP'er myself, but I hope I have helped answer some of your questions. I'm sure that other people on this board are far more knowledgable on the subject than I am!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Subconsciously Correct

Random_Hero10 has given an excellent response to your questions.

Being in the dark is not a problem, that is what I call the Void. Look for light to show the way to what you need to see next, or decide what you intend to explore.

I'm in perfect agreement with R_H10 on the scenes you find yoursel in. Take note of how they FEEL to you because there is a lot of info in the FEEL of anything. A feeling of being drained can be from creating the scene you are in. So you can test what is what by taking your attention off it, if it fades away you created it, and if not then explore what is there for you.

Most importantly, have no fear. There's no need for it if you Respond to everything with Love.

reply to post by Enigma Publius

I like how you explained being in two places at once, well said.

That feeling of being snapped back is not nice at all. When you are unaware of being out while the body sleeps and this happens, you can often wake up with a jolt wondering what's going on. And at times you get to have that falling feeling just before "you" begin to wake up.

I found the feeling of being in two places at once to be an affirming thing. It showed me that I am a spiritual-being, a soul having this experience of earth.

Something for everyone.....

If you are intent on opening yourself up to higher awareness, a very effective direction is to find and meet the higher-self.. the representative of the soul you are. This bypasses all the belief-system stuff as you work directly to regain your memories and the knowledge they hold.

Buzzing around in the astral layers is okay for some explorations of what exists in close quarters to the earth's 3D, and for learning how things will work for you, ie:- How you will navigate. At times you feel a tug towards something, sometimes you see light and explore while other times you go via the direct thought.. think it and you go there.

When you do this you are using the "astral body".. a subtle energy field tuned to a set range of frequencies in the awareness field. And so you cannot explore "outside/beyond" the astral layers while using it. There are other ways to move with Intent through Awareness.. you can read about them via the link in my signature so I don't have to type it all out now.

Be well

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
For me, it always starts with an intense buzzing or vibration, then I can float up sometimes through the roof, other times through the wall, to the outside. I seem to have a difficult time controlling flying around more so than not. Sometimes I can control it. I can't tell how long I am 'out' but everything begins to get hazy and I find myself back in my body.

Can anyone tell me what I can practice to achieve better control, and how to travel farther?

Thanks.

I just noticed your link Tayesin, thanks.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by scitizen17]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies. RH, I am aware when this happens that I am out of my body, and it has happened enough now to where I try and "keep my cool" about it. Like I said, it happened 2 days ago, but I was close to waking up so I wasn't able to achieve any real success. The one I had a couple of weeks ago though was something else.

Thanks again for the replies.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Subconsciously Correct

Hi

you have had some very good replies (some of the best Ive seen on this subject for a while!), Im not that good at this, I know I AP, but how,why and when is another thing all together! Its very random with me, but one thing I have leant is to have no fear. Easier said than done i know, as I too have had a very bad experience of being dragged/pulled back into my body, I felt my body cry out for air as i was quickly travelling back to it, I then fell back with a large jolt , this ended with me waking and gasping for air. Not very nice but that has not happened as bad as that since, thankfully. I think the poster that said it happens to us all at some point was spot on.

No fear is the best advice I have been given by others, and its so true. Without fear everything else is allowed to flow naturally.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone will read this thread now that it has already been read by most of the interested viewers, but I forgot another question, and it relates to meditation.

Since a couple of weeks ago when I had the in-depth astral projection experience, I attempted it during meditation. I got into a deep trance and then tried the "sit-up" method to get out of my body. I tried very, very hard with mind power only, and I started to shake very hard and fast. My head started moving from side to side at a rapid pace. I can feel my heartbeat speed up to a very rapid pace. It would have honestly looked like I was being electrocuted if someone just walked in and looked at me. The craziest part is once I relax my heartbeat goes from pounding VERY fast to the very slow heartbeat that normally occurs during meditation. This happens in a matter of a few seconds (like 10).

Since that time, I have attempted the sit-up method, but do not put as much effort into it once I feel the shaking start to occur. It may not be a bad thing at all, but I am ignorant as to what it really is so I am waiting on some answers from people who understand what is occurring. Thanks again to all who have answered so far.

top topics

join