It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing UFO seen and filmed by tourists visiting Rome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Full Article/Source

This footage has spread across the various UFO related web-based chat rooms. UFO experts are now examining the footage which is surprisingly clear for a nighttime clip. The witnesses appear to be genuinely surprised, judging by their reactions.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Look pretty spectacular to me.. I will wait and see what the experts have to say on the matter due to how easy it has become to fake quality ufo/paranormal footage. I do personally believe however there is enough evidence out there to say that we dont understand everything yet and there is a phenomenon involved with a real possibility of it being intelligent life - not saying this video shows that... As I said feel I will wait for the experts but thought you all would like this one!

[edit on 6-3-2010 by byteshertz]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
how do i start a thread of my own?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
hmmmm the link isnt working anymore. maybe its just my computer. that second video was great.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Man, that was some video! It does not look like it is a fake or hoax. I hope this turns out to be some grade A proof of the UFO phenomena.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
S&F, Interesting indeed. It's hard to know exactly what to make of this video, especially since it contains nothing but an unidentified object in the dark. No reference for size, altitude, or motion.

If it is a genuine physical object that was filmed, that would be interesting. I personally can't rule out CG, but it sure would be a stretch to explain it if it is an unedited video. The difficult part is the smaller lights and the way that they move. It's awfully complex to be an RC or a balloon.

I would say that if I had to come up with a conventional explanation(and ignoring the possibility of CG because I am not qualified to comment on that), I would propose these:

The central light looks remarkably like a street light. This video could be of a street light which someone has attached something(s) to in order to make an interesting video. If they attached small lights on the ends of springs to the neck of the street light, I believe that a similar effect as that seen in the video would be achieved. The smaller lights would be blown around on the ends of the springs in a light breeze.

The way that the smaller lights move somehow suggests involvement of wind to me. Although it doesnt look like a balloon based object. It could be elaborate set up on the end of a pole, which responds to the breeze.

It is not necessarily even off the ground. We see no lights, but we don't see much of anything. It could be something on the ground; a motorized device or even something being manipulated by hand.

It's strange whatever it is. I'll be interested to hear what other have to say.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Really interesting. I can see how non believers in UFO's think these are all CGI. I will admit, the clarity is so good it makes me wonder too. Talk about confusing...when we can't even determine if something is real or fake anymore.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Sorry, but this video has already been debunked here:

UFO Rome 1.30.10

Check the posts by Phage and Internos.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Duplicate Here

Closing

Thank you

Semper