It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thoughts from a female

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This will have to be short I'm afraid I'm well past my bedtime.
Our debate can continue another time, but I must clear up one thing, my coment was indeed intended as a bit of light sarcastic humour and there was no malice whatsoever.
I am not the sort of person that would genuinely seek your opinion and because it wasn't going my way, then stamp my feet and get shirty or spiteful. Other than being a bit singular in your approach
I find you a source of great knowledge and well tested theories.
I had hoped that my smiley face on the previous post would prevent me having to explain my poor attempt at fun. Thats the problem with boards. Misinterpretation.
I look forward to our next clear as mud exchanges.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Yes, aren't they though? Typing is simply the worst form of communication, especially when you have no skill at writing, as I do.

On the other hand, while typing, I can't intimidate you (I often do IRL... I am 6'8" tall and roughly 300 lbs. (well, less now, thankyou Canadian Food Guide Diet!), and a bit of a tough talker), so perhaps that's better... many people seem afraid to disagree with me IRL

Anyway, it's always nice to have someone care about my opinion. Thank you. I genuinely hope you find what you're looking for. May I recommend Moses Maimonides' "Guide for the Perplexed?" I find it is a wonderful book, particularly if you don't mind slogging through a lot of talk about homonyms and synonyms to get to the really good stuff

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
May I recommend Moses Maimonides' "Guide for the Perplexed?" I find it is a wonderful book, particularly if you don't mind slogging through a lot of talk about homonyms and synonyms to get to the really good stuff

Alex- Are you getting royalties from this book, my friend? And here I thought I was one of your special cases.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Bleys, you are, of course, the most special of my cases.

But how could I hold back Moshe ben Maimon from a public that clamours for answers? He's the Dr. Phil of Medieval theology, except with more intelligence and wit and considerably less blaming the victim

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
LOL 6' 8" and 300 lbs, we don't breed em like that over here.
I'm your worst kind of adverasry, 5' 7"1/2 and 10 stone. I'm so small I can go toe to toe with big guys knowing they would never use their physical superiority on such a pathetic specimen as myself.
Not without recieving that most hurtful of insults especially when delivered by the ladies.......OOOOhhhh you bully leave him alone......oh look he's so cute...are you alright little one...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What a wonderful conversation we are having. and typing is one of the worst ways to communicate.difficult to convey the nuances that reflect our intention.
Crone; yep Donttreadonme, its good to see meanings as they are supposed to be. I still think it a good idea to learn from them, no better source i can think of. The Iroquios Nations had a council of Grandmothers that would decide serious issues, and empower the chief(s) of the Nation(s) to wage war, or whatever action was agreed upon. Some believe our own Senate was based on this aspect of the Iroquios government.

There was a Post about feminine energy, and masculine energy, excellent post. Those are the building blocks of our Universe; the Yin and Yang if you will. each supports the other, and balances out in the end. Its what makes a good partnership as well. (marraige, life partner, whatever). Deny either one, and difficulty lies ahead.

as to the Freemasons... their history is relatively easy to read about, there is a lot on this site as well. They seem a harmless enough group, and fellowship with other men is a good thing. If they dont wish to admit women, bully for them. They have that right, but they will only ever find half the truth, see half the picture, fulfill half their potential.

The secrets of the Universe are laid wide open in Nature, and the creative and destructive forces that sustain us. You just need to look around without prejudice and preconcieved ideals.

The witch burnings were a conspiracy, the Church had tactic power given and enforced by the ruling class, and both split up the wealth of the people they condemned and murdered. It was a Huge fraud commited on a group that provided non profit health care and education to the common people. You can read this in most history books. After the Midwives guild ceased to exist, medicine and education were for profit, and have been ever since.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join