It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top home-school texts dismiss Darwin, evolution

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

There are, evolution has biology and Creationism has theology.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by hippomchippo]

then what's all the debate about? are people just arguing over this for the sake of arguing?

also i'm talking about highschool

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

then what's all the debate about? are people just arguing over this for the sake of arguing?
also i'm talking about highschool

Most high schools have biology, maybe not theology, but usually they have religious study, or some other class.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

That kind of education may be appropriate for the children of uncontacted tribespeople in the deep Amazon, but not for civilized boys and girls.

You believe teaching individuals to be self sufficient is uncivilized? Wouldn't an enlightened society have enlightened citizens?

Have you seen the poverty statistics in the US lately. Have you seen the statistics on people going hungry. How about people without shelter? Is it not primitive that a nation produces citizens that are too ignorant to grow their own food?

Former democracies, you mean, that have degenerated into one-party states or despotisms of one kind or another? Yes, there are some. I live in one myself. It never happens without the active assistance and connivance of the majority of citizens.

No I don't necessarily mean former democracies. Do you believe a nation must be a democracy in order to be subject to corruption?

I'll ask again the same question i posed to you in my previous post. Could the abuses I am talking about already be happening. Do you believe the major corporations in America have a substantial influence on policy. Do you believe that their influence significantly out weighs the individual influence even when individuals organize to oppose corporate legislation?

No western democracy faces such a situation; certainly not the United States.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why do you believe western civilization is not subject to the wheels of history? You see no evidence of corruption in the United States Government? None? You state you don't live in the United States, is it possible you are making assumptions with no knowledge of recent legislation?

There is public debate, public protest, lawsuits, lobbying and all the other recourses available to a vibrant democracy.

To refer to any of those, except for lawsuits, as legal recourse is flimsy at best. I think it is scary that individuals have learned nothing from history and are proponents of individuals giving unchecked authorities to Government and then offering solutions such as protesting as some sort of remedy.

Further up, there are constitutional safeguards and supreme courts.

Constitutional safeguards have long since failed and so has the supreme court.

You think they've failed because they haven't produced the society you want.

No, I think the individual has failed because they continually consent to give up their rights even though history has shown that those who do so end up oppressed, ignorant and in servitude.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Prove something is off topic before you in gage in name calling.
People who do that get tagged Pinocchio.
I won't call you a liar though, if you tell me something on topic sonny.
Are you saying mankind can evolve without babies? Weird.

You can call me what you like, and make what you will of my statements into the bargain. I'm here to engage in a serious conversation, not pay attention to the problem child at the back of the class. Get well soon!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
reply to post by ashanu90

Creationism.
Which is a Jewish or Hebrew ideology actually and the best they had to offer in science.
You must realize that there was no religion then, It wasn't;t even invented yet.
So any one carrying on like you do is just incredibly rude.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by Donny 4 million]

what the hell do you mean no religion?
also you call me rude when i have not called names what so ever i however have used the term "crackpot religious guy" but i in no means point this at all religious people. however i do label people like fred phelps with this name
and you call me a crackpot atheist i say you are a hypocrit sir i especially havent called YOU any names

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You must realize that there was no religion then, It wasn't;t even invented yet.

I hope you're trolling, I really really do.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

So you are now saying the Jewish folks think the flying spaghetti monster created the world? Sad sad
I'll bet you believe their GOD gave them the rights to Palistine via evolution too.
what gives with you dude.

Donny, if there is one thing you are good at, it's twisting a normal sounding sentence into a completely unrelated topic that is usually controversial, like abortion, or israel vs palestine, why can't you stick to the issues?

How silly can you be? Want to show me what is off topic in your opinion? And please do it with a total quote with your post.
Thanks ho-co

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

as for my views with school and creationism vs evolution is this it's quite genius i say.

there should be a class for evolution

students should decide which they want to attend or both or neither

in the other classes both topics should be left out

i am an evolutionist and an atheist however this seems fair does anyone else agree?

I don't think there really is any room in public schools for creationism as a science, and your setup doesn't support all the other non-scientific beliefs out there either, but it would make for a great chapter(s) in sociology though.

link   

So you are now saying the Jewish folks think the flying spaghetti monster created the world? Sad sad
I'll bet you believe their GOD gave them the rights to Palistine via evolution too.

Donny, if there is one thing you are good at, it's twisting a normal sounding sentence into a completely unrelated topic that is usually controversial, like abortion, or israel vs palestine, why can't you stick to the issues?

How silly can you be? Want to show me what is off topic in your opinion? And please do it with a total quote with your post.
Thanks ho-co

I'm not showing you my opinion, I'm trying to show to you that you're twisting peoples words to the extreme and going off-topic.

link   

reply to post by Xcalibur254

eugenics is a psuedo science used in the 20's to support rascism you guys know this right?

Where was this used in the 20's may I ask?

While I am back here in the thread I will ask this again.
Sorry if you have answered this while I am rooting around.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

ash Sorry I missed this

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

You believe teaching individuals to be self sufficient is uncivilized?

Not uncivilized, just unnecessary beyond a certain point--enough, say, to enable one to take care of oneself for a day or two on a wilderness excursion, a single-handed sailing trip or when the car breaks down in the middle of nowhere.

Have you seen the poverty statistics in the US lately. Have you seen the statistics on people going hungry. How about people without shelter? Is it not primitive that a nation produces citizens that are too ignorant to grow their own food?

No. And your statistics don't disturb me much; I live in a country where the GDP per capita is about a tenth that of the United States. I don't think it's necessary for citizens in an advanced society to learn farming. If the society breaks down they'll learn it fast enough.

Do you believe a nation must be a democracy in order to be subject to corruption?

No. But only in a democracy can citizens do very much to prevent it.

Could the abuses I am talking about already be happening.

Utopia does not exist. In even the most advanced, law-abiding democracies there is always a residuum of corruption and high-level crime. To that extent, yes, it is happening. But it isn't a serious problem in America--and far less so than it used to be fifty, a hundred or 150 years ago.

Do you believe the major corporations in America have a substantial influence on policy.

They do, as is only fair, seeing that they are major taxpayers and contributors to charity. I don't believe their influence is decisive or overweening.

Do you believe that their influence significantly out weighs the individual influence even when individuals organize to oppose corporate legislation?

No. Politicians fear voters more than they are beholden to political contributors.

Why do you believe western civilization is not subject to the wheels of history? You see no evidence of corruption in the United States Government? None? You state you don't live in the United States, is it possible you are making assumptions with no knowledge of recent legislation?

Again, you're talking like a conspiracy theorist. Of course the West is subject to history. Of course there is some evidence of corruption in America, but compared to most of the rest of the world, it is trivial. You guys are doing pretty well at holding it down. As for your speculations regarding how well informed I am, I don't believe you are right. I'm pretty up to date on current affairs, even American current affairs.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

as for my views with school and creationism vs evolution is this it's quite genius i say.

i am an evolutionist and an atheist however this seems fair does anyone else agree?

A lot of folks on the thread have been suggesting just this sort of thing in varying degrees. Mine would be by elective choice. A kid that wants to grow up and be a plumber doesn't need evolution. It would be a waste of his or her time. Correct?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

A lot of folks on the thread have been suggesting just this sort of thing in varying degrees. Mine would be by elective choice. A kid that wants to grow up and be a plumber doesn't need evolution. It would be a waste of his or her time. Correct?

Most people don't pick their job when they're kids.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

There are, evolution has biology and Creationism has theology.

also i'm talking about highschool ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The commies want to start indoctronation way before high school.

A lot of folks IMO are trying to push a communistic type of agenda.
Most are looking for ways to get people together and put the pettiness aside and embrace all that is real and then get on with life and make the world a better place.
Some are protecting their right to religious freedom.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

You must realize that there was no religion then, It wasn't even invented yet.

I have no idea what you are suggesting here.
That is not a complete quote.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Thanks ho-co

I'm not showing you my opinion, I'm trying to show to you that you're twisting peoples words to the extreme and going off-topic.

Ok then ,I suggest you let them worry about that then.
Get back to me if you have a problem. Please include a full quote so I can answer it to the very very best of my ability.
thanks hoco

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

What did you mean then?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Most people don't pick their job when they're kids.

That is so untrue. I want to be a fireman is very popular.
Cop, stock broker, air plane pilot, nurse, social worker, oh well not enough room. how about Nuclear Scientist, little snips.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

What did you mean then?

Hard to say when you do not quote an entire post.
My guess would be is that you cannot grasp the fact than when the Jews invented Creationism it was done for people control and not religion.
Unless you can prove me wrong that is not religion. It wasn't even invented then. If you didn't believe it they chopped your arms off and stuff. Then they worshiped metal cows then switched back to God and all that stuff.
These folks were far from Christians. The concept of Christianity begins some where around the end of BC and the beginning of AD. Long after GOD metal cow then God again.
I don't actually know what they believe today probably evolution, who knows.
Any Jews here that can help Hippo out with some understanding?

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join