It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Singing Revolution - a True Story of a Nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Have any of you seen the film "The Singing Revolution"?

TRAILER:

www.youtube.com...

The film itself was shown to me in my History class at school, and it brought tears to my eyes.

It tells the story of the nation of Estonia. Estonia has roughly over 1 million people. Anexed to the Soviet Union, the people of Estonia were oppressed. Estonian's possessed a patriotism like none else. They loved to sing the songs of their country, fly their flags, and do everything patriotic.
Estonia lay captive for around 40-50 years under the Soviet Union. Until a group of them wanted to remember their country. What happened next spawned a beacon of hope for all of the Baltic Region States, and the entire world.

To try to summarize the movie would NOT come close to telling the story as the film does. It is one that truly shows that a Revolution can be thrown successfully without a bullet every being fired, blood ever being spilled, and violence ever being initiated.

(If anyone can find a link to the full film, PLEASE post it!)

Bottom line: Violence is NOT always the answer.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by gatorboi117]

[edit on 6-3-2010 by gatorboi117]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would like to see this movie it looks very good
. but sometimes violence a necessary evil.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I would like to see this movie it looks very good
. but sometimes violence a necessary evil.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wow, it seems incredibly inspiring and i had to watch the video with the sound off!

Would really love to see that film.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
God bless the Baltic peoples, our cousins too long forgotten under the oppressive jackboots of the Soviets. They are brave and courageous, never submitting to their Soviet overlords no matter how many were murdered or deported to Siberia.

Sadly, the "safe" Western nations might just find themselves in a similar circumstance. Forewarned is forearmed.

top topics

join