It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just witnessed some UFO activity! (PHOTOS!)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ok, I was out in our garden feeding the rabbit, it's a very quiet, perfectly clear night & all the season's stars are visable.

I looked up into the sky, as I often do having a good knowledge of star formations & an ever growing interest in space & the universe. I then saw, in very quick succession, orange coloured bright lights flying extremely fast through the sky. They were about as high as a small aircraft, but they were silent. Once they reached the sky seemingly over the town center, they simply vanisned, they all vanished in the same spot!

They were not aircraft, as they made no sound at all, and were flying WAY too fast (so fast I struggled to photograph them), faster than even an large jet, and totaly silent.

The fact they all vanished in the same spot makes me think they were not lantens or anything simlar, way too fast & disappeared in the same place.

I have taken some photos, they are not that great.

Please note on the ones that looks 'sqiggly' they are not, they were flying so fast their images blured by the time my camera had processed the shot.

I have some of the dots though:

Please, if anyone can help debunk or ID these, I would be very happy!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hmm...
How are we suppose to debunk or ID these?
Pictures didn't help to much.

I am happy for you though. Not everyone get the oppurtunity to see something in the skies they can identify.
However, I doubt this case will be either debunked or ID'd.

But keep watching the sky mate. =)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hm, this is an interesting story, but the photos really prove nothing; those could be any sort of orange light. Ask friends in town if they saw them too.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Chez

We need more information.

What kind of camera, shutter speed, etc.

To me, they kinda look like sparks from a fire or a bug, especially if the shutter speed was set a certain way. But I'm no expert.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

We need more information.

What kind of camera, shutter speed, etc.

To me, they kinda look like sparks from a fire or a bug, especially if the shutter speed was set a certain way. But I'm no expert.

lol it was my digicam set on 'auto', I'm no photographer, and I just had to grab the camera & take them, as the lights were moving too fast.

As for asking friends, I have no friends apart from my partner (thank Asperger Syndrome for that, heh), but I spose I could ask around.

I can assure you that they were not sparks from a fire, these would have gone out long before reaching that hight, and if it is a bug, then the sky must be bugged because my eyes sure weren't! lol.

There was no smell of smoke that might accompany a fire, no sound, nothing.

I'm sorry the pics are not that good, or even good enough to meet most people's idea of a good photo on here, but please take into account the only photographic skill I have is setting the flash, setting the 'best' for the situation option and pressing shoot.

I had so little time, after running inside to get my camera. There were about 5-6 lights in all, all vanishing on the same spot. They did appeare pretty big too, big even at the hight they were at, larger than the light from a small plane, much too big to be a spark.

Again, sorry about the pics, you'd be better going from my descriptions.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Two words, all i will say is : Chinese Lanterns

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Itop1]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

G'day The Chez

Thank you for posting your interesting report.

The "flight" characteristics you describe + the "disappearances" of the objects are most unusual.

Unfortunately & as you acknowledge, your pic's just aren't that helpful

Perhaps some of our "heavy duty" photo guys can derive a little more info from you pic's, albeit I suspect it will be very little, if any.

But good on you for getting the pic's

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hey. Congrats on your sight and kudos on capturing some pics. Others may not see smoking gun evidence in your pictures, so therefore, don't recognize it as legit, however, I feel otherwise. Cannot, obviously, identify any sort of craft. However, you can tell they are high, going fast (due to zigzag appearance in pics), and are somewhat big. I'm very intrigued by these pics. Fascinating. Also, interesting they all disappeared (or turned lights off?) simultaneously at same place.

Thanks for posting, keep us updated, keep watching skies, and I wish the most/best of the Love/Light and Light/Love to you.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

What would make chinese lanterns all vanish in EXACTLY the same spot? I would have taken this theory myself if it were not for the precise, almost aircraft-like movements of these objects. They seemed coordianted, I doubt chinese lanterns, which I have seen in the sky before, would behave in such a way!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I've seen like 5 UFOs in my life and at this point I find it asinine to try to debunk that such weird things are being seen in the sky.

The question is why are we seeing them?

Do they belong to the shadow government and its military projects?

Are they testing the public, hoping for people to report the sightings to Mufon, to examine reaction?

Are they scientist from other planets?

Are we seeing what is part of Project Blue Beam's holographic technologies?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

G'day Itop1

To be fair to the op.....

His description of the speed of the objects does not correlate with chinese lanterns.

Albeit, it is obvious to all the photos do strongly resemble chinese lanterns.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

link   
maybe the lantern housing had solid corners or sides so the bright orange light was only visable from a certain angle, and you know high up there it is a lot more windy than on the ground so that could be why they seem to fly around eratic?

and when they "vanished" maybe thats when the flame went out?

link   

Originally posted by RadiatorOfTheLight
Hey. Congrats on your sight and kudos on capturing some pics. Others may not see smoking gun evidence in your pictures, so therefore, don't recognize it as legit, however, I feel otherwise. Cannot, obviously, identify any sort of craft. However, you can tell they are high, going fast (due to zigzag appearance in pics), and are somewhat big. I'm very intrigued by these pics. Fascinating. Also, interesting they all disappeared (or turned lights off?) simultaneously at same place.

Thanks for posting, keep us updated, keep watching skies, and I wish the most/best of the Love/Light and Light/Love to you.

I know, this is what makes me think they were NOT chinese lanterns, as suggested above. It was impossible to take still shots of them, and they appear squiggly in some of the pics simply because they were moving through the sky so fast.

I had seconds to shoot the pics. Then they vanished in exactly the same place.

I have seen chinese lanterns flying before, and one they don't get that high, two they go out at different times, not all at once in exactly the same location, and three they most certainly don't behave in a coordianted way, as I mentioned in my above post.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

maybe the lantern housing had solid corners or sides so the bright orange light was only visable from a certain angle, and you know high up there it is a lot more windy than on the ground so that could be why they seem to fly around eratic?

They weren't flying erratic! If you read my other posts, I described their behavour as 'coordinated & aircraft-like'. Also, there is pretty much a million to one chance of the flame going out in EXACLY the same spot, on ALL the lights.

I'm going offline now for the night, but by all means keep the theories coming, see you tomorrow

[edit on 6-3-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Chez

They weren't flying erratic! If you read my other posts, I described their behavour as 'coordinated & aircraft-like'.

they could have been joined by string or other method?... im just thinking of the most logical explanation.

If they were fly fast = windy
if they flew together at the same time = they were joined together
if they vanished = flame went out
if they seem to vanish and come back again = a solid side or corner blocking the view of the light

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
These have been seen before in this area, but I am unable to load any of the articles. I'll try again tomorrow.

Oh, here you go:

article on site won't load, but you can access it via the google cache:google search result - top result

Click 'cached' on the top article to see the content.

A video too! www.youtube.com... EXACTLY what I have seen tonight.

Please ignore most of the comments, apart from those related to sightings, as unregulated flame wars are openly allowed on this site. See only the article.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

G'day The Chez

Itop1 raises a very good point.

The wind conditions could be very different to what you were experiencing at ground level.

Have you looked into any local met reports that include wind observations by altitude?

I have also embedded the YT vid you linked to in your previous post.

Without further info, you cannot exclude the possibility (indeed probability) the objects in the YT vid are chinese lanterns.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

G'day The Chez

Itop1 raises a very good point.

The wind conditions could be very different to what you were experiencing at ground level.

Have you looked into any local met reports that include wind observations by altitude?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Not tonight, as I am going now, but thanks, I will take a look tomorrow.

In the mean time, see that vid & link I just posted.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

G'day again

I've looked at the vid, embedded it & offered commentary (above).

If you are inclined to state your location, I will look for met info for you.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Hello

I have witness the same thing as you, what you need to do is
1- use a camera stand to stabilize you're camera or else you will get those lines of light since the ETV moves very quickly
2- Always better to film them then take a picture
3- I know is hard to do especially at night but try to get another body structure in the picture of the ETV

Here are my pics ranging from worst to better

img194.imageshack.us...

img521.imageshack.us...

img15.imageshack.us...

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Moonguy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join