It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO - Best footage I've seen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So this footage looks very authentic. Remember: being skeptical is always good but being pseudo-skeptical is not.

Pseudoskepticism

Possibilities:

1) Extraterrestrial craft (While I say extraterrestrial craft, it could actually be intraterrestrial, extradimensional, time-shifting, coming from beneath the earth or under the sea): essentially a craft not made by normal earthlings.

2) Advanced human craft: I believe strongly that there are a good deal of technologies that the governments of the world do not share with the general populous (The TR-3B for instance). However, with the rate of acceleration that this craft appears to move at, it would cause massive G forces that would be difficult, yet necessary to counter-act in order to keep from killing the human pilots, Although I suppose there is also the possibility that it is remote piloted. This option seems less likely as it would seemingly represent extremely advanced technology.

3) CGI Hoax: Given the processing and video editing capabilities of modern computers, it's possible to pull off just about anything and make it look realistic.

4) Etc, et all: Meterological phenomena, upper atmospheric biological entities, Hoax using models, etc.

So if I had to place a bet on which option is the most likely correct possibility, I would have to go with option 1, although option 3 is possible as well. Do you guys agree? Why or why not?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hey ExquisitExamplE,

I saw this video recently too. Quite frankly, I was a bit disappointed to discover that it might not be as credible as I thought it was.

Check out the thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems like most sentiments on ATS regard it as a CGI hoax. Of course, I can't say for sure if it is.. but I'm leaning towards it being a possible hoax as well. Judging by the comments on youtube, most youtubers still think its real.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Being a newcomer to the UFO research community, I cannot comment specifically on my knowledge, as like I said, I'm a newcomer. I've always believed that there was life out there, and that they may very well have come here before.

As someone who has worked with digital video and music post production editing software for a few years, I can say that it does indeed look authentic. It doesn't have the CGI feel that some may claim. I'm not sure I'm completely convinced of the footage, as there are so many hoaxers out there, but I'm definitely interested.

Thanks for putting up the vid....very thought provoking indeed.

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
As someone who is also quite familiar and more than handy with CGI, video editing, compositing, etc....I can say this, in my humble but correct opinion, is FAKE. I would have to have a pretty significant desire to believe in the least possible conclusion first in order to get on the "this is an alien craft" explanation.

I do admire the dude's ability to motion track for the original footage. Either that or he added in the shake afterward, in which case I will admire his very authentic camera shake....but guys, this is fake. Don't kill the messenger.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
it is one of two things

it is either a CGI hoax, or it is what it is...

I am not qualified to determine if its CGI (and I actually do CGI). I know people will immediately claim its CGI because its not a bird or balloon, therefore it must be CGI.

This is a well done piece if it is, I am impressed, but not willing to take it for more than what it is...a very cool video. This is only because I dont know the source, so it could be hoax or real...and until it is determined that the source is credible, then we simply have to look at it as a exceptionally cool video...but thats it.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
As someone who is also quite familiar and more than handy with CGI, video editing, compositing, etc....I can say this, in my humble but correct opinion, is FAKE. I would have to have a pretty significant desire to believe in the least possible conclusion first in order to get on the "this is an alien craft" explanation.

I do admire the dude's ability to motion track for the original footage. Either that or he added in the shake afterward, in which case I will admire his very authentic camera shake....but guys, this is fake. Don't kill the messenger.

Claiming its a fake because it could be faked is as presumptious as claiming its real because it could be real...

Simply put, you dont know...and I would venture to say I could match you and trump you in CG understandings.
Could it be faked? most certainly...is it faked? who knows...CG is soo impressive now that the superimposed layers are almost completely untraceable unless you have some incredible machinery to prove otherwise. This isn't 1996, where things were easily seen by pixel disruption...

The only thing that matters in these videos now are source...thats it, no more. Anything can be faked...seeing is no longer believing...but that doesn't mean that just because anything can be faked, means everything is faked...we simply dont know (unless we know
)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Please add any comments or opinion to this ongoing thread thank you California UFO footage,2009.

Thread closed

[edit on 6/3/2010 by Sauron]

new topics

top topics

join