It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To jkrog08 With Thanks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
In light of the recent and incredibly sad death of ATS member jkrog08, I am moved to post this thread.

It may be reactionary, but then again the sudden and wasteful passing of a decent Human being should promote emotion.

I have to admit I rarely added to his threads, and I say that with a caveat; it is sometimes unnecessary to add to something that stands alone as a serious piece of journalism.

Often, reading is all that is needed, and, with his work, that, for me, was the case.

He did something positive; he made the UFO phenomenon accessible.

He made it serious and took it bodily out of the realm of fantasy and portrayed it as it is; a real mystery.

I, and any serious UFOlogist, should thank him for that.

In an environment of wanna-be aliens and hoaxers and scam artists and pseudo whistle blowers and those folk who see UFOs as a means to make money or gain attention, he just got on and told it as it is.

We owe him a debt of gratitude.

Hopefully, history will too, when all our hopes of contact happen.

Please do not flag or star this thread, it was not made for that reason.

Just read his threads.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As a poster who did allot of reading the forums before joining id like to say this on behalf of the people who do not make accounts and just use this for news. Jkrog08 you and your open minded approach to explore the taboo and unknown so selflessly and sharing what your findings are back with are will be remembered by so many lives that were enlightened and brightened in such dark times. Everyone should try to be more like you in the fact you were consistent with data and facts and were never afraid to say you were wrong nor did you ever back down challenging peoples disinfo.

Good Bye at least you will be long remembered by this soul. You helped me and possibly an uncountable amount of others get on the right coarse for ufology.

RIP You were one of the "true" believers.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think i didn't know him, but still, it is sad to hear. Sudden deaths are always bad and a huge shock. May he rest well in the afterlife.

[edit on 6/3/10 by Cybernet]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think i didn't know him, but still, it is sad to hear. Sudden deaths are always bad and a huge shock. May he rest well in the afterlife.

[edit on 6/3/10 by Cybernet]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I realise he has his own full salute from ATS proper over here but as this was his favourite forum and were most of his work was done I do think it's appropriate to say goodbye to him here too.

Toodle pips Justin, you truly were a great researcher, welcomed scrutiny and a nice guy to boot. You will be sorely missed but fondly remembered.

If there is an ever after I know you will fully relish what it has to offer.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I was going to add my own eulogy but you summed it up so well m0r1arty

RIP jkrog08
Your work lives on

[edit on 6-3-2010 by gortex]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
So sad to have lost someone so young, especially someone of such intelligence and passion.

Condolences to friends and family.

I will miss his input to ATS.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
WHAT?!?! this blows my mind, first time news to me. I havn't been as active as normal on these forums... but man o man!!

What a talented and knowledgeable individual that we have lost, may he rest in peace

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Jkrog was one of probably three people that have made this board come alive. He has made so much contribution and was an excellent researcher on UFOs and aliens.

I am very grateful.

You all should read his threads in the UFOs and aliens board. They make for a good reading and research.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yeah. I wish that I had been more familiar with his stuff. I rarely post on the alien forum because I have my own thoughts about it..... I am saddened by the loss. I......I, really don't know what else I can say.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
His bright light is still shining all over the board and will forever, FOREVER.
He has left some marks to our minds, our souls and ATS family that no one will ever be able to even scratch.
It's impossible for me to put into words how I feel, and I want to confess to all that at the beginning, after I came to know what happened, my first reaction was to leave for good the board, or to give up in some way, I don't know how to say it, but I've felt as if some part of me was gone, that it wasn't worthy to keep going. But then, something has happened.
Anyone of us has learned something, during these earthbreaking days:
the sweet, moving and sincere words coming from so many fella friends coming from all over the world, from ALL the spectrum of knowledge and beliefs, say that he was SPECIAL and that this is not just a discussion board, nor just a bunch of pixels: there are REAL souls behind ourselves.
Let's try to do our best to make this place better than it is: it was one of his dreams, let's try together to make it become true.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Amen to that bud - I know he had a deep respect for your work and, has been mentioned in other posts, all he wanted were some honest answers to this most truly puzzling phenomenon.

He was a good friend to many, many people here and I certainly won't forget his kindness, passion, intelligence or objectivity that made him so popular with everyone.

I also know that he'd want folks here to keep on asking the tough questions when it comes to the UFO subject - he never shied away from anything in his time here on these boards and perhaps that should be his legacy.

His comments on this thread just about sum things up.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Wise words from all. Unfortauntly I didn't get the chance to converse with Justin as i'm more of a casual observer in the UFO forum. But I was always exited and enlightened from jkrog08s threads. To think that there will be no more new threads from him, bringing such thought and clarity to a subject usually devout of both, is a shame. No, it's more than a shame, it's a catastrophy to ATS and the UFo subject.

As internos said, the threads that Justin brought to us will live on forever.

Life is a candle flame, blow too hard, and it goes out. Let's keep the fire going.
Viva la ATS.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
My condolences go to his friends and family, what a sad thing to read.
I was not as present within this forum but have had a few conversations with him in the past, so true that he was a very gifted person.

May you rest in peace jkrog08 (Justin).

Mondo

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos, my friend, do not leave. I don't approve of that.

And neither would our dear departed.

It is my belief that we should celebrate the life of those who are no longer with us. We, on ATS, can do that for Justin by continuing this work that he was such a massive and major contributor towards.

I have been involved with ufology from a very early age, have read massive amounts of data regarding the issue, yet i feel humbled by the amount of effort that Justin put into his work here.

IMO, internos, you are a huge influence on ATS. Your name here stands out as one of the most highly respected, liked and well known members.

I mean no offence to anyone else, but it does take time to realise which members are part of the backbone of ATS...

And you, my friend, are one of them.

This whole epsiode has had me in tears several times now over the last few days. To think that ATS would lose any other member because of lifes habbit of ending the lives of others is so sad to me.

I have to flag this thread, not just for Justin, but for the cause of this topic area, for all other members who supply time, effort and information into this area, to remind us that life goes on and we still have so many unanswered questions. To carry the torch forward from the grip of our fallen is about the best and only thing we can do as a community here.

We want disclosure, we want the truth, we want to DENY IGNORANCE...
And that takes work...

We must carry on with Justin in our hearts and minds and remember why he was here, why we are all here.

R.I.P. Justin

Stick with us, internos, my thoughts and strength are with you my friend. We are all feeling the grief. We share it together as we share our very reasons for being a part of ATS.

Edit to add;

I was clicking on the 'reply' button when I saw and remembered these few words above the txt box;

You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.

Need I say more?

[edit on 8-3-2010 by Extralien]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I bet the UFO enigma is all very clear to jkrog08 now...bon voyage

top topics

join