It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Maher - Truther Attacked Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I happened to be channel surfing tonite and caught Bill Maher’s show. For the record, I am not a fan of Bill Maher, or his show, but I was tempted tonite because there was nothing else on and his guests were Michael Moore (live via satellite from Goldman Sachs) and Sean Penn.
Well I was surprised when during his opening monologue he blamed the Pentagon shooting on “9/11 truthers” in particular and “conspiracy theorists” in general. Even the MSM has backed away from this guilt-by-association tactic.
Michelle Malkin wrote an article today titled: “About the Pentagon shooter; Update: Stop playing games, MSM. John Patrick Bedell was a registered Democrat”. He was also a Californian!
In the article Malkin quoted Zombie:
”I’m not going to say that Bedell’s actions at the Pentagon epitomize the leftist worldview. Rather, he was just crazy, as clearly indicated by his belief in the craziest of modern crazy conspiracy theories, 9/11 Truthism.
Are most Truthers leftists? Yes. But that doesn’t mean that all left-leaning Americans are thereby just as crazy as the most extreme among them; it simply indicates that when a leftist goes crazy in the post-9/11 era, he often gloms onto Truthism as his paranoia of choice.”
I think Bill Maher is fearful that democrats will be accused of being somehow culpable for this senseless violence which would reflect badly on him and his worldview. He so enjoys poking fun at the Tea Partiers and various wingnut groups. Most of all Bill Maher doesn’t want to be un-cool. So his solution was to insinuate that the 9/11 truth movement is a dangerous insane group responsible for the pentagon attack.
This monologue was a petty and vindictive swipe at the group which dared to disrupt his show awhile back. He recalled how he himself physically removed them from the audience.
I was pleasantly surprised by the audience reaction which was silence. It was a sour note Bill!
For myself I believe this was suicide by cop. John Patrick Bedell was mentally ill and wanted to die.
I will post the video as soon as it is available.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Well if all 911 Truthers are flipping crazy, why has there only been one shooting with the police?
Furthermore, there are about 350 millions of Americans in this country does everyone believe in the OS of 911?

This is yet again the government using the propaganda media to make the truth movement look bad and perhaps find a slick way to pass more laws to take more freedoms away from the American people.
The more the media continues to do this, the more aware the average citizens are becoming aware of this propaganda. It is a fact now that most people are going on the internet to get their information.

Our government thinks or behaves as if they have total control over our populations with using old Russian techniques in their propaganda.

We are ahead of the game, thanks to the internet.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I really don't understand why this would be surprising to anyone. I predict(as if it isn't common knowledge) that every new event like this (Stack, Bedell, etc) will be linked or blamed to 9/11 Truth movement in some form or fashion.

I mean come on the President basically said the so called truthers are a threat, it's only natural now that the powerful, the political and the media will follow suit.

Bottom line, this is mission accomplished for the so called debunkers, they have been working since day one to get truthers equated with terrorism. That's why Dave's over there playing the big game "I knew it was only a matter of time" yeah right you guys have been plotting and praying for this moment for years.

It's actually very scary if you stop and think about it. It's just a sign of the perilous state our United States are in right now. Who would ever believe that conspiracy theorists would be a enemy of the state.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm amazed that Bill Maher still can't discuss the anomalies of the 911 OS without getting so explosive, emotional and close minded.

With so much damning evidence and whistle blowing coming forward, it makes you wonder if he knows something that we don't. I always thought of him as somewhat common sensical but on this issue, IMO he makes himself look like an a$$.

chirp chirp

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yeah I can picture Bill in his Hollywood home smoking weed and banging some wanna be starlet while he goes off on endless tirades about how everyone is dumb or insane if they don't see the world his way. He is the embodiment of the term "limousine liberal".

I have not found the episode video yet if someone has it please post!

new topics

top topics

join