It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a strange star moving in the sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hi,
'a strange star moving in the sky' is the title of the video i found on Youtube.

Now ive seen many videos of star like objects in the sky and its usually ends of being just that..a star, venus, moon, satellite, or whatever but i have never seen anything move like this.

For starters you have some great reference points : window frame, tree branches, and telephone wires which helps to give us some perspective.

In the video the object appears to start moving around 0.10 sec mark but i am unsure as the cameraman is also moving around at this point.

Its at the 0.34 sec mark that amazes me this thing shoots straight up and pauses for a brief a moment and then move back down along the same path and stops just below the branch in view.

Im no expert so i can't rule out CGI or even an illusion but the video does looks genuine.

Heres the video :

Any ideas ? Thanks for your time.

(Sorry if its already been posted here or if feel it was a waste of time but i really thought it was worth posting on ATS)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I watched for about two minutes then got motion sick ;-o

WHY do people have to move the damn camera around??? sheesh!

Interested to see what others think.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Yeah i know what you mean..thanks for taking the tme to watch.

For those who are limited for time just watch the first minute for the best part.

I'm going to get some rest now so will check back to see if there any interest. thanks again

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by anomalie

Maybe it is Jesus coming back to save the world.

I am not kidding.

Or maybe it is just another "thing" in the sky.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Its probably ISS. It is gettin quite large . The last time I watched it was when the shuttle was following it and it does look like a star. It will fade as it gets out of the line of site from the sun .

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It's a star or a planet. If you watch carefully at the 34 second mark the camera moves slightly before the "object" moves up. This is achieved simply by moving the camera and keeping it focused on the object in question, now with the branches of the trees being close to the camera they give the appearance that it is the actually the object that is moving.

I may not have explained this very well so I will see if I can post a video clip to show you how this is achieved.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
See if this link works, this video is achieved using the same principle. So if you focus on one object then move the "camera" you will get the appearance that it is the object that moves.

What we have here is the back of an earing placed on a small sheet of glass then the camera is moved about. This was a test to show how a certain Italian person achieved 1600 sightings in Milan over a couple of years.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by yeebsy]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It`s interesting how the object is visable for over 4 minutes but the shooter never tries to move to get a clearer view unobscured from the branches.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by muckyman

That's because he is "using" the branches to give the appearance of movement. ;0)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by anomalie
Hi,
'a strange star moving in the sky' is the title of the video i found on Youtube.

Now ive seen many videos of star like objects in the sky and its usually ends of being just that..a star, venus, moon, satellite, or whatever but i have never seen anything move like this.

For starters you have some great reference points : window frame, tree branches, and telephone wires which helps to give us some perspective.

In the video the object appears to start moving around 0.10 sec mark but i am unsure as the cameraman is also moving around at this point.

Its at the 0.34 sec mark that amazes me this thing shoots straight up and pauses for a brief a moment and then move back down along the same path and stops just below the branch in view.

Im no expert so i can't rule out CGI or even an illusion but the video does looks genuine.

Heres the video :

Any ideas ? Thanks for your time.

(Sorry if its already been posted here or if feel it was a waste of time but i really thought it was worth posting on ATS)

It could be the Star Sign of the return of the Christ, starting at about 4:00 the colors and pattern look very much like others on youtube that started appearing Dec.2008: here's another link to a vid that shows similar examples:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
WTF This person wat filmed this

Needs to make a decision between arobics or filming and hurry.

Yeebsy That's a great pic of Mick Jagger for your avatar Mon.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
G'day All,

I call Hoax, I watched it and saw the light get cut in half and a shadow appear.

It appears to be a reflection off glass.....

Blessed Be: Kernoonos............

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i was wondering if i could ask a question regarding this topic...

when i go out to smoke at night i tend to look up at the stars every now and then. especially on nights like last night when its pretty clear. So i was standing there, and i see some flashing lights from a couple planes, and then i see this thing that looks like a star moving across the sky at a fairly steady pace, and it looked closer to me than the planes...or at least *as* close as the planes. now it looked like a satellite just going across the sky, but any satellite i've seen before looks much farther away and higher up in the sky, and much smaller...i was just watching it and the other planes and the stars for a moment. then i looked away, down at my smoke, took a puff, and when i looked back up a moment later, it was gone. no where to be seen. but i could still see the lights flash from the planes, so they werent that far away. i walked down to the middle of the backyard to try and get a better look at the sky to see if i could see it...but it was totally gone. it looked just like a really bright star moving across the sky. it did look pretty much how a satellite looks, but this seemed really low...maybe it wasnt? i was hoping that someone here had an explanation as to what it was, and i figured this might be a good thread to post my experience in, thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

It could be the ISS i just dont understand how (if its a hoax) he managed to make the light move up and then down.
If its deliberate hoax i would like to know how he did it - a plane of glass and a light source ? or simply just moving the camera to make it appear its moving that way (illlusion) ?
Thanks

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hi, right up till 4:18 it looked legit to me. Then it sort-of well, fell apart..not saying it isn't all real but after about 4.15 or so, there was a wee-bit of fonyness in my view? Perhaps sooner.

Thanks for posting the find though !!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

Wow thanks for taking the time to explain and demonstrate how this affect is achieved.

Your video does a good job of that.

The light source (star, planet or ISS) is real but the sudden movement is not. SO ITS AN ILLUSION

I dont buy the 'plane of glass tilted with a light source explanation' as the object moves behind the branches.

Damn it - i was fooled and now feel kinda stupid..lol

Thanks for the education though !

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

Ive seen star like things seemingly disapear in the clear night sky and even move along the sky.

I never made big deal out but if it had shown impossible or funky maneuvers then that would be another matter

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm really amazed at how people here are rediculing and ignoring this strange fenomena wich has been so widely witnessed and documented.
There is a lot of video on youtube about this star or stars, wich are filmed from all over the world. Why isn't this on the msm?
Here are some recent shots of the star:
Recent youtube videos

The following video was posted by Redtribune, and here follows his comments on what he saw that early evening:

"Do u all know the proggi Stellarium? Well, i have this Star Checker Programm.
18:00
This Light appeared before the stars where to see, sun was on the horizont. It isnt Venus, thats a morning Star, Jupiter is an evening star and appears over the south East horizont. Stars Moving due to Earth rotation from ost to west.
This star moved very slowly from west to east appeared very smooth and dispaered befor one Star was to see.
The light intensity are nearly the same like venus and jupiter, the position center and to north. There is no star which is so bright (Stellarium) and is disappearing and moving against the natural star moves.

Before this star appeared we had here in Karlsruhe very heavy air Traffic from planes, altitude 3-4 km about 3, 7-8 km about 5, 8-11 km normaly 3-5 One engine Planes about 2 cycling around.
"

Benjamin Creme talks about the 'star':

[edit on 6-3-2010 by cosby]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Something big is going to happen pretty soon.

new topics

top topics

join