It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan 6-Year-Old Suspended From School for Making Gun With Hand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Michigan 6-Year-Old Suspended From School for Making Gun With Hand

www.foxnews.com

A Michigan boy reportedly has been suspended from school for curling his hand into the shape of a gun and pointing it at another student.

Erin Jammer, said her son, Mason, was just playing around when he made the gesture Wednesday, the Grand Rapids Press reported.

But officials at Jefferson Elementary School said the behavior made other students uncomfortable, and they suspended Mason for the remainder of the week, the paper reported.

School officials
also told the paper that Mason had been warned repeatedly against pretending to aim his hand at students but continued the behavior o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
No no no Joey, we can't play Cowboys and Indians or Policeman and Bankrobbers or Army men and Aliens or Hunter and Deer or Citizen and Dictatorship.

Are you done with all the overkill? Things have gotten so out of hand . How are we gonna fix this 3 Ring Circus. Its like common sense has just been thrown out the window.
I just shake my head when I see headlines like this that seem to increasing at a alarming rate.
What say you?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
That has got to be the most stupid thing I have ever heard.. I really can not get my head around this stupid.. well I actually can not finish this as I would just resort into a string of expletives..

*shakes head at such a silly world"

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Crap rules - it is official.

Little boys like guns. That is just part of their makeup.

And kicking out a 6 year old - PLEASE!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
... and it amazes me that this had to go through at least 2 or 3 pair's of hands before it took place.

.. and not one of these imbeciles could ask themselves " what are we doing here "

this is absurd, and completely devoid of common sense. What did they think would come of an imaginary gun ??

It seems like we have complete morons teaching our children now. Is this where our world is heading ??

Can't own guns, can't talk about guns, can't draw guns, can't make a gun with your hand, ... because someone might get hurt.

I would take my child out of that school IMMEDIATELY !

[edit on 6-3-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
was this kid playing with the kids he was making the finger gun at, or was he bullying/threatening them? I can see a case where if he was making the gesture at people who werent playing with him, and he was told repeatedly not to, how you could punish him.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This could be interpreted another way

See the part where it says 'teachers had repeatedly told Mason not to ... '

So was it the non-exisent gun that infuriated the teachers ?

Or was it because this six year old wouldn't slavishly obey them ?

If I were a parent with a child in that school, I'd be organising and powering-up to the point the teachers would be required to undergo psychiatric assessment

Because it's to be suspected that it was not so much 'other children' who were 'disturbed' by young Mason

--- and more a case of power-drunk, bullying 'teachers' whose egos couldn't cope with a little boy who didn't believe they were gods in their own right

ALL who work with children should be required to undergo mandatory psychiatric assessment, minimum twice each year. Politicians, too (local, State, Federal) and police and ..... anyone who works in the mental health field

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
My 7 year old nephew was suspended for bringing a cap gun to school for show and tell. It was ridiculous. They sell these things at any dollar store, growing up all us had them, and you're going to suspend him from bringing in what he thinks is his coolest possession for show and tell? Funny thing is, its not dressed up to look like a traditional gun, no no no, its futuristic and shaped like something you'd off star wars or in any sci-fi movie.

Things have gotten out of control.

Needless to say, my sister pulled him out of public schools and put him in a private school because of this.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Stars to every poster above me echoing the same disbelief as myself.

What kind of wacko kicks out a child playing as most of us males over 30 did when they were 7 year olds?

The wacko should be investigated into harming a young person's mind - who only did what millions of us did when we were young.

Is this wacko a teacher? If so I would not want my children being taught by this wacko. Who knows how bent this person really is and what strange values this wacko is teaching behind closed doors!

At what time in America history has children playing cowboys and Indians, Leos and robbers and the acting out what the kids read in history and/or what they have seen in movies have become outlawed?

I would appreciate it if someone could show me this new law!

edited to correct grammer which still isn't correct however I wanted to stand and be counted on this one. America has gone mad since I left 26 years ago.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by IceHappy]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

After reading this article, I done a bit more digging...although its not "proof" that I can post..

This has nothing to do with the idea of it being a gun/pistol made with his fingers...
Its 100% about deciplinary issues, and after watching the interview and reading the whole article, I found that the child had been told at least a dozen times, "to stop" and continued to be disruptful..

Not sure if its the media or the parents pushing this issue and using the "gun" pose as being the topic for the article...its false advertising IMO.
And more un-needed room for the gun groups...anti/pro... to scream rape.

I own guns but don't like what either side is saying, so I just remain quite, same as the potus....

If you don't have anything good to say, ...well yall know that one.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

No no no Joey, we can't play Cowboys and Indians or Policeman and Bankrobbers or Army men and Aliens or Hunter and Deer or Citizen and Dictatorship.

I know a boy who was suspended for very similar activity.

Except he wasn't playing Cowboys & Indians. He held his hand up like a gun and screamed "ill kill all you mother f*****s" and started imitating the action of shooting them like a "gangsta"

edit to add:

from Doc Holiday

This has nothing to do with the idea of it being a gun/pistol made with his fingers...
Its 100% about deciplinary issues, and after watching the interview and reading the whole article, I found that the child had been told at least a dozen times, "to stop" and continued to be disruptful..

Isn't it amazing how clear the story becomes when we read (or watch) the entire thing instead of cherry picking the parts that fit an agenda?

edit to add

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Stupidity at its finest! And to think... these people are tasked with EDUCATING our children. Just another indoctrination technique designed to make children docile and compliant.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Did they confiscate the bullets too?

This second line does not make this post any less of a one liner.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Stupidity at its finest

How ironic. did you happen to read into this, or just respond to the headline?

I'll help you out:

from Doc Holiday

After reading this article, I done a bit more digging...although its not "proof" that I can post..

Not sure if its the media or the parents pushing this issue and using the "gun" pose as being the topic for the article...its false advertising IMO.
And more un-needed room for the gun groups...anti/pro... to scream rape.

I own guns but don't like what either side is saying, so I just remain quite, same as the potus....

If you don't have anything good to say, ...well yall know that one.

top topics

join