It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live T.V Seance tonight - UK

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen
It says on that site how he made people fall asleep with the telephone. I think that's unethical because they could get robbed or something else while sleeping.

[Edited on 1/6/04 by Hyperen]

I think the whole show was built around fear. As i explained early, he pumped them with so much fear that the mind was creating everything around them. The group mind focused on the objects during seance and then the objects started to move due to the engery focusing on the objects.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I think the whole show was built around fear. As i explained early, he pumped them with so much fear that the mind was creating everything around them. The group mind focused on the objects during seance and then the objects started to move due to the engery focusing on the objects.

I don't get how objects can move because of people's minds. If that were true it would be paranormal right?

Also why did you quote my message on the people sleeping?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
In a sense, yes, but not in the sense of ghosts. When the objects moved, it was down to psychokinesis. The ability to move objects with ones mind without knowing it. Some poltergeist cases come down to psychokinesis, usely surrounding one person. The mind is a very complex structure and we know very little about it. here are a few links on psychokinesis;

Psychokinesis, a form of psi, meaning that apparently it is a technique of mind over matter through invisible means. Examples of PK are movements of objects, bending of metals, and determining the outcome of events. It can occur spontaneously and deliberately which indicates it is both an unconscious and conscious process.

History:

The term psychokinesis is derived from the Greek words psyche meaning "breath," "life," or "soul," and kinein meaning "to move." The occurrences of PK have been recorded since ancient times. The occurrences include levitation, miraculous healings, luminosities, apports, and other physical phenomena attributed to holy persons and adepts of magic around the world. Such phenomena is recorded in the Bible, especially in the New Testament, in the Book of Acts. One example is cited in which St. Paul and Silas where imprisoned in Ephesus where they prayed and sung hymns, and at midnight their shackles fell off as the prison doors swung opened (Acts 16:19-40).

Link

Have you ever sat in your car at an intersection, willing the light to turn green? Or stared at a slot machine, trying to create a match with wishful thinking? According to the results of recent psychokinesis experiments, you should keep trying. FATE Magazine Associate Editor Craig Miller examines ground-breaking research in psychokinesis, or PK -- the supposed ability of the human mind to affect inanimate objects, discussing possible proof for PK and current ideas about the nature of this phenomenon.

Link

Psychokinesis (PK) - sometimes referred to as telekinesis or mind over matter - is the ability to move things or otherwise affect the property of things with the power of the mind. Of psychic abilities, true psychokinesis is one of the rarest. Few have been able to demonstrate this ability, and even those demonstrations are highly contested by the skeptics.

Do people have psychokinetic powers? Do you? Is there a way you can test and develop your PK abilities?

Case studies

Here are brief outlines of some people who have demonstrated remarkable PK abilities:

Stanislawa Tomczyk. Born in Poland, Tomczyk came to the attention of investigators when it was reported that startling poltergeist-like activity occurred spontaneously around her. She could control some telekinetic feats, but only under hypnosis. In this hypnotic state, Tomczyk took on a personality that called itself "Little Stasia" who could levitate small objects when Tomczyk placed her hands on either side of them. In the early 1900s, one investigator, Julien Ochorowicz, watched these levitations at very close range and observed something like fine threads emanating from her palms and fingers, although they were examined carefully before the experiment. And it didn't seem to be a trick. "When the medium separates her hands," Ochorowicz observed, "the thread gets thinner and disappears; it gives the same sensation as a spider's web. If it is cut with scissors, its continuity is immediately restored." In 1910, Tomczyk was tested by a group of scientists at the Physical Laboratory in Warsaw where she produced remarkable physical phenomena under strict test conditions.

link

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
listen, you didn't actually see the cup fall over by itself. You just saw it fall, someone probably kicked the table or shook it, anything like that, without realising it. Just like he had made them do when they were behind the curtain earlier. He'd already gave you the answer right there.

Again the bell ringing would either be someone knocking the table or most likely when they all screamed, the high pitched squealing probably set the bell off. No psychokinesis needed, and he's never claimed to have that ability.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
listen, you didn't actually see the cup fall over by itself. You just saw it fall, someone probably kicked the table or shook it, anything like that, without realising it. Just like he had made them do when they were behind the curtain earlier. He'd already gave you the answer right there.

Again the bell ringing would either be someone knocking the table or most likely when they all screamed, the high pitched squealing probably set the bell off. No psychokinesis needed, and he's never claimed to have that ability.

But what about the ball that was floating in the air?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thats just totally wrong. How can they televise that stuff???

Thats heavy dangerous spirit contact!!! Now there are millions of people who are more interested in it now.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thats exactly why they are televising it Truth cos millions of people are attracted by it. Besdides i am sure therer are millions of people who are intrigued by seances i for 1 am very interested but living in Hong Kong they hardly or never show this sort of thing.

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by drunk]

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
Thats just totally wrong. How can they televise that stuff???

Thats heavy dangerous spirit contact!!! Now there are millions of people who are more interested in it now.

it had nothing to do with spirts. The student weren't even dead, Darren Brown wanted to prove how powerful the mind is.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

it had nothing to do with spirts. The student weren't even dead, Darren Brown wanted to prove how powerful the mind is.

Isnt a seance to do with spirits?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I didn't see the program but from the description of the objects and the way they moved, it sounds very similar to another show I have seen. One question was the room pitch black when these objects were moving? If it was then it is very obvious as to how it is done, if not then it must have been the ghosties.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Isnt a seance to do with spirits?

well yes, but Darren Brown said that the Victorian Seances were all faked and i think he wanted to prove that spiritualism is caused by the human mind.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Jesus! TruthStrgnrThanFiction and others, he did the program to prove that seances are full of doo doo, he did it all with mind control and suggestion. The person they were supposedly contacting was played by an actress and didn't even exist, she was very much alive that girl.

As for the ball floating, I didn't even see it float but more than likely it was a trick, don't forget he tried to get the audience as scared as the people taking part, it was probably a trick of the mind or on a string something like that.

At one put I thought I heard a door upstairs slam, that probably happens all the time due to wind e.t.c. but because of the program I was more aware of it. That was the whole point.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

At one put I thought I heard a door upstairs slam, that probably happens all the time due to wind e.t.c. but because of the program I was more aware of it. That was the whole point.

Yeah thats true. Someone phoned in saying their wardrobe was shaking and another said they felt a thud in their back.

Maybe someone could have been playing a joke. Do you think those people were real or actors?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

At one put I thought I heard a door upstairs slam,

During the oujia board and seance, i swear that there was something else in the room with me. My bro fought he saw someone walking around in the dinner when it was just me and him up.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   

During the oujia board and seance, i swear that there was something else in the room with me. My bro fought he saw someone walking around in the dinner when it was just me and him up.

Maybe like John Nada said your senses were at a higher awareness or something more mysterious was happening.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen

Maybe like John Nada said your senses were at a higher awareness or something more mysterious was happening.

yeah either that or Darren Brown was F@cking with my head

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

yeah either that or Darren Brown was F@cking with my head

He tends to do that to all who watch.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't replied before, my computer's been down...

Right I am awfully naughty and haven't read word for word all the replies (it's my own thread!). So please excuse me if I put some stuff down that's already been gone over or whatever...

Well for starters, Derren Brown did it with hypnosis, all hypnosis, I'm sure he'll have 'prepped' them before hand to make sure they're all ready for the night. Also, you notice how he's picked (and no offense to them) very gullible and vunerable looking participants, all young and very willing (if not wanting) to believe.

Then of course he set the scene, I mean, you hear them screaming all through the night randomly, don't you? Well that's not paranormal, telling them that Sam drank bleach there, your in a dead girls room etc etc. you would be peeing your pants, wouldn't you?

As for the photo's, like someone said before I believe, it's like one of those little number games you did as a kid. And I (not boasting) figured out that Jane was alive when I first saw her photo, because it was alot newer then all of the others (and this would be in Derren's style, also, this would draw people to her, making it seem more 'real').

Then there's the girl being 'posessed', that was hypnotism, it's a proven fact that hypnosis works; and if you can get a guy to think he's a chicken, or attracted to Lily Savage, why ever not make a gullible young woman think she's posessed by a 5-15 year old?

The home DVD towards the end, my sister has the same top Jane was wearing!

And the phone calls coming in, well that poor man who's Grandmother had passed away the day before, of course he's going to see her! Also notice people say curtains 'twitch' or wardrobes 'jerk', easily something that can be done by an over-stimulated imagination!

Think that's about it...however I still think it was a bad idea to do it, I just hope no one 'tries this at home', because I know from experience that seance's can be real; and I know NOT to mess with the dead (or any other being from another realm), it's not big, and it's not clever!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
john nada's right... derren brown was pointing out the power of the mind. the girl who was in the dark room was aware that she should be sensing something and that spirits should be around.. so she freaked out. i wouldve done exactly the same if someone shoved me in a room and told me it was haunted.
the power of the mind is amazing. the other night i was at a house party and 5 of us went into a room to do the ouiji board (spelling?!) i didnt take part cos im easily spooked but i did watch. and the glass we used was moving around slowly, answering various questions. but we came to the conclusion that we were moving it subconsciously but our conscious mind didnt want to admit because we wanted to believe it.

HOWEVER i have a close friend who had a friggin weird experience with two friends in a cottage in a place called alderny (associated with ghosts etc) they did it for like 3 hours and a bit. contacted different spirits.

they got in contact with a lady who said she had a horrible sister and she was a nun they even got her name and age (spelled out on the board by roman numerals!!) next day they went to local library to check out things with the woman who worked there cos her family had lived there for generations. the woman got really interested and helped them find some records of ppl who lived on that beach and the book with the initials they were looking for had been destroyed in a fire. damnit.

so i still believe in that.. cos my friend wouldnt lie. hmm i don't know. anyone got any ouiji board stories like that? really detailed ones? i'd love to be converted to totally believing but i still reckon it has a lot to do with the power of the mind. and maybe alcohol...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join